Stack sizes:
      UTG: $5.61
      UTG+1: $9.24
      CO: $6.73
      Hero: $20.70
      SB: $0.76
      BB: $4.35

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with A:club: Q:club:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $0.5[/color], 2 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: T:club: J:club: 4:club: ($1.15, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]UTG+1 bets $0.5[/color], Hero calls.

Turn: 4:spade: ($2.15, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: K:diamond: ($2.15, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]UTG+1 bets $0.9[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $3[/color], UTG+1 calls.

Results:
      Final pot: $8.15
      [color:#ffffff]Hero Shows Ac Qc[/color]
      [color:#ffffff]UTG+1 mucks 4d Ad[/color]

I think calling was right on the flop, but I think I should have bet out on the turn to try and build the pot.
  • 3 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I'm also not sure how to play with nuts, but I'll tell what I think.

On the flop you did well, I think there are no hands a normal villain would call to a raise there.

On the turn I'm not sure also, I think it depends very much on the opponent there. I think you couldn't represent a weak hand there, although maybe a bet of 1/2 of the pot would work to make villain call with TP+.

And by the way, could you take out the result of the hand? It interferes with the analysis, for me atleast :P
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      I think depending on the opponent checking and betting the turn are fine. It is a hard job to get more money with a flopped flush. Villain showed some interest in the pot by donking the flop, that might be a reason for betting. Or did he bet half the pot (blockbet) to get a cheap card because he's drawing with Kc (you can call) or a set (raise)? On the other hand, if you bet the turn villain migth think he also will need to call a large bet on the river and this may scare him away. Your turnbet has leverage. This is a reason for checking.
      In general, to win a big pot with a big hand, you need to get the money in and thus bet. So betting is mostly a better option, certainly is you think villain might stack off with mediocre hands. If you don't bet the turn and villain has a second best hand, it will be hard to get his stack in on the river and you miss a lot of value. If he folds, well than you probably wouldn't win any money of him either way, so you lost nothing.

Another problem would be a 4th club on board, this freezes all the action. If villain get active in this situation, you will see a full house or Kcx at showdown.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Shouldn´t you want to play for stacks with nuts.
      I´d probably raise turn, since he might hold flushdraw himself or lower flus/two pair/set/pair and flushdraw.
      You have to bet turn to build pot.