As I am always looking for fun methods of giving away stakes – preferably ones that guarantee my stakees are capable of beating the mass that participates in the Sunday Hundred Grand. Since the IRC channel applauded the idea - I have decided to implement a „Challenge the Admin“ competition. The concept is quite simple – you challenge me in something – and if you win you get a stake.
The challenges can (and should) be varied and different. That means you could challenge me to anything from a Dota, CounterStrike, StarCraft, 1on1 to some kind of playmoney HU SnG, a game of chess, checkers, Internet backgammon, or whatever you happen to think of.
Important here is that the challenge has to “doable”. If you challenge me to a 200 meter run, or a bicycle race its hardly going to be possible unless we are neighbors – just as I don’t really have a lot of PC games and might therefore not be able to play them all (at least not right away). That means the more easily do-able the challenge is - the more likely that I will accept it.
In order for me to accept a challenge the person challenging me has to put forth some kind of incentive (of course there was going to be a hook ). This can be pretty much anything that the user can come up with – from writing an essay about MTT strategy to evaluating/posting 20 hands, answering 50 beginner question, or to recording a session and commenting on it for the benefit of other users.
Be creative - there are probably an unlimited amount of things one can think of.
Since these incentives should not be anything "exorbitant" and you will most likely have an incredible edge in whatever competition you should it needs to be fulfilled regardless of whether you win or lose!!
|THE BOTTOM LINE (Rules + Disclaimer)|
1) I will tell a users in this thread once I have decided to accept his challenge - he then has time to fulfill the conditions he set for himself in his incentive - and as soon as he has done so we can carry out the competition.
2) I am doing this for fun - so there is no guarantee that I will accept all your challenges - especially if there are a lot of them. I will however try to accept as many original/funny/good/doable challenges that I can - even if I probably have no chance of winning.
3) Depending on how much time I have and how complex the challenges are I might take accept more or less in a given week. For some I might also need some preparation so that I don't make a complete fool of myself
4) If a challenge is not doable - or if the conditions need changing (e.g. I would do it if the incentive was different or if something about the challenge needs to be changed) I will tell you in the thread. If I deny a challenge you are free to try again as described in point 5.
5) You can apply for a challenge as often as you want - but can never have more than 2 open challenges at the same time. So please don't open 50 different challenges before I ever have the chance to comment on your first two.
6) Please stay civil and try to keep this thread in good spirit. If this turns out well - I will also try to keep everyone updated on how the challenges went in form of a little diary - perhaps in blog format.
So please post Challenge + Incentive - and try to be as precise and accurate about the conditions as possible Go go go!
#1) Played ForTexi in a Dota 1on1 -sdom since it was his Birthday and he had posted a bunch of hands in the hand evaluation boards. While I managed to get first blood - I went under in the lategame against his Lycanthrope and lost the game.