Stakes to 100k GTD: Beat the Admin Challenge

• SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze

Hello Everyone,

As I am always looking for fun methods of giving away stakes – preferably ones that guarantee my stakees are capable of beating the mass that participates in the Sunday Hundred Grand. Since the IRC channel applauded the idea - I have decided to implement a „Challenge the Admin“ competition. The concept is quite simple – you challenge me in something – and if you win you get a stake.

THE CHALLENGE

The challenges can (and should) be varied and different. That means you could challenge me to anything from a Dota, CounterStrike, StarCraft, 1on1 to some kind of playmoney HU SnG, a game of chess, checkers, Internet backgammon, or whatever you happen to think of.

Important here is that the challenge has to “doable”. If you challenge me to a 200 meter run, or a bicycle race its hardly going to be possible unless we are neighbors – just as I don’t really have a lot of PC games and might therefore not be able to play them all (at least not right away). That means the more easily do-able the challenge is - the more likely that I will accept it.

THE INCENTIVE

In order for me to accept a challenge the person challenging me has to put forth some kind of incentive (of course there was going to be a hook :D ). This can be pretty much anything that the user can come up with – from writing an essay about MTT strategy to evaluating/posting 20 hands, answering 50 beginner question, or to recording a session and commenting on it for the benefit of other users.

Be creative - there are probably an unlimited amount of things one can think of.

Since these incentives should not be anything "exorbitant" and you will most likely have an incredible edge in whatever competition you should it needs to be fulfilled regardless of whether you win or lose!!

THE BOTTOM LINE (Rules + Disclaimer)

1) I will tell a users in this thread once I have decided to accept his challenge - he then has time to fulfill the conditions he set for himself in his incentive - and as soon as he has done so we can carry out the competition.

2) I am doing this for fun - so there is no guarantee that I will accept all your challenges - especially if there are a lot of them. I will however try to accept as many original/funny/good/doable challenges that I can - even if I probably have no chance of winning.

3) Depending on how much time I have and how complex the challenges are I might take accept more or less in a given week. For some I might also need some preparation so that I don't make a complete fool of myself :D

4) If a challenge is not doable - or if the conditions need changing (e.g. I would do it if the incentive was different or if something about the challenge needs to be changed) I will tell you in the thread. If I deny a challenge you are free to try again as described in point 5.

5) You can apply for a challenge as often as you want - but can never have more than 2 open challenges at the same time. So please don't open 50 different challenges before I ever have the chance to comment on your first two.

6) Please stay civil and try to keep this thread in good spirit. If this turns out well - I will also try to keep everyone updated on how the challenges went in form of a little diary - perhaps in blog format.

So please post Challenge + Incentive - and try to be as precise and accurate about the conditions as possible :) Go go go!

Best regards,
      SoyCD

FINISHED CHALLENGES

#1) Played ForTexi in a Dota 1on1 -sdom since it was his Birthday and he had posted a bunch of hands in the hand evaluation boards. While I managed to get first blood - I went under in the lategame against his Lycanthrope and lost the game.
  • 45 replies
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      OK... I'm the first one that stands in your way so I'll go easy on you
      I challenge you to.... (drums) a "PUZZLE QUEST" DUEL!!!
      its fun, you'll learn it fast and I'll beat the... everything out of you!!!
      as an incentive - I'll answer 20 "what happened with my stake" questions
      not much but as a first challenge you did not expect more, did you?
      Besides you'll have fun playing it I'm sure
      So are you accepting the challenge?!? Do you dare?!? :evil:
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Okay! :D

I challenge you to send all your money to my account, accept? No? wtf! If you do i'll post a video of my ass on youtube!

Right a serious one here. I challenge you to a NL5 HU on stars. No reload. If I win I get to choose who has the stake! If you win, I will transfer you an $11 starting capital on Titan! Then you could start a bank roll building blog! :D
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Hmm sounds interesting,i have to think about the Incentive
    • ForTexi
      ForTexi
      Bronze
      Match of dota maybe someday :P ?
      If I lose I'll post 20 hands and *try* to make a constructive topic about something :P
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Maybe someone might use their imagination!
    • camicio
      camicio
      Bronze
      Quake 3 Arena match
      I promise I'll become gold by the end of the month :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NRGBlaze
      Sounds fun o_O

What do I need to do to actually play "Puzzle Quest" ? I don't have an XBOX :o

And what are what happened with my stake questions? :P

Originally posted by ForTexi
      Match of dota maybe someday Zunge raus ?
      If I lose I'll post 20 hands and *try* to make a constructive topic about something
      No no if anything you would fulfill all incentive conditions BEFORE the match :>

Although I'd prefer friendly 10 newcomer greetings / 10 sample hands / some more details about what exactly you'd be writing about :)
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Sounds fun o_O

What do I need to do to actually play "Puzzle Quest" ? I don't have an XBOX :o

And what are what happened with my stake questions? :P
      there is a computer version of the game - we can play through hamachi(online lan simulator)
      if you cannot find the game i can post some links
      the "what happened with my money" questions are most of the questions in the beginners forum - I mean the "i passed the test - now what", or "its been 3 hours and i still dont have the money credited on my account"
      I'm sure that you're all sick of answering these questions so... are you in???

edit: stake = wrong, money = right :D
      second edit: i checked and you don't even need hamachi - there is a direct connection option (so you only need the game installed)
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      Challenge: 1on1 in DotA (if there are a lot of DotA challenges maybe we can me a turnament and let the winner challenge u?)
      If i lose i'll write an MTT article including how i keep winning the 600$ from the 180 person 12$ buyin stars s&g!
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Ihufa how about writing an article about "why I should stick to the BRM articles". Just a thought :D
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      I challenge you SoyCD, to the Helicopter Game!!!
      http://www.helicoptergame.net/

One of the most addictive games on the internet!

My incentive to you I will post my rise from being a complete noob to poker genius!!! :P

I will do this in the form of a newcomers blog, posting hands and being active on the forums!
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alexd10
      That's a good challenge, you should take it
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Ihufa how about writing an article about "why I should stick to the BRM articles". Just a thought :D
      what are those about?
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      DOTA :D When i don't play poker i play dota or i could even say when i don't play dota i play poker :D (ok last month i play poker more :D ).

Well why i deserve the match. I am active member of this forum with my own blog and i also answer to new members when i think i have sth. useful to say.

And i am sure i will kick your ass :D Mode should be sd(single draft)! Or if you don't play to often it can be ap(all pick) and you can pick any hero you want but for me you pick your 10 worse heroes and i can pick 1 from them ;)
    • urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      let's play counter strike :D
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze

there is a computer version of the game - we can play through hamachi(online lan simulator)
      if you cannot find the game i can post some links
      the "what happened with my money" questions are most of the questions in the beginners forum - I mean the "i passed the test - now what", or "its been 3 hours and i still dont have the money credited on my account"
      I'm sure that you're all sick of answering these questions so... are you in???

edit: stake = wrong, money = right :D
      second edit: i checked and you don't even need hamachi - there is a direct connection option (so you only need the game installed)
      Ok well I will see if I can download it and inform you when I am ready - if you do a good job of greeting our beginners I will be more than glad to take you on :D

Originally posted by ihufa
      Challenge: 1on1 in DotA (if there are a lot of DotA challenges maybe we can me a turnament and let the winner challenge u?)
      If i lose i'll write an MTT article including how i keep winning the 600$ from the 180 person 12$ buyin stars s&g!
      If you write the article before the match you've got a deal :P

Originally posted by Alexd10

One of the most addictive games on the internet!

My incentive to you I will post my rise from being a complete noob to poker genius!!! Zunge raus

I will do this in the form of a newcomers blog, posting hands and being active on the forums!
      What are the details of the competition? I absolutely suck at the helipcopter game - but would be willing to take you on? Just how do we play while someone else is watching?
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by SoyCD
      if you do a good job of greeting our beginners I will be more than glad to take you on

that is if you win right??? :D
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      My post hasn't even gotten a mention, :(

Soy this is your chance for a huge starting bank roll on titan!
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      StarCraft 1on1 BO3, MAPS : 1st map Luna then loser's choice