Dippy's blog/thread thingy

• Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      :spade: Hello everybody! :spade:

Most of you have probably seen me on the forum, if not you are probably not that active or just not that observant. Anyway that's precise the point, the point is that due to my recent bad run(bad luck or bad play, not sure yet) I thought about quiting poker all together... But instead I decided to start a blog(weird turn, huh). Anyway I thought if I had a place to shear my ups and downs(maybe get some moral support) or just a place to bitch about my bad runs might help me to get over them quicker. And having a blog to set long term and short term goals is also good, since it's easier to keep the eye on the prize that way.

OK, enough about that. So here's the situation. I don't play limits as high as most moderators here, since I'm not playing for that long(or better put, not playing correctly that long). I have just moved to 1$/2$ SH FL and got beaten pretty badly. So when my BR was back to 875$(to make it clearer I lost almost 400$ on 1$/2$), that was a couple of moments ago, I decided(after deciding I won't quit) to make sort of a "tilt cash out". I cashed out 375$ and left 500$ on my Poker Stars account and that is exactly 500BB for 0.5$/1$ limit, and just enough to play SH.

The plan for the future now is:
      Start back at 0.5$/1$ games and reevaluate my game + study as much about poker as possible and rewatch some videos.

Goals for the summer(after 16. this month(I have my last exam)):
      -Read and reread all the articles(bronze, silver, gold)
      -Bronze :club:
      -Silver :club:
      -Gold
      -Watch some videos :club:
      -Get my BR back to 1200$ and have another go at 1$/2$ games :club:
      -Actually get my lazy as to one of the coachings
      -Finally go to the coast and enjoy my vacation a bit :club: :club:
      -Get my BR to 2500$ and beat 2$/4$ limit

SPECIAL GOAL: Qualifie for the WCOOP FL event :club:
      SPECIAL GOAL: Win the WCOOP FL event

Well, I think that is everything. The BR goal should actually be achievable even before the end of the summer(I hope). I will check off the goals that I have achieved regularly, set some new ones and post some graphs and stuff, or sick hands(not lacking those at the moment).

Now, I hope somebody will actually take the time to read this :P

Good luck everybody!

BR: 1828.48$
  • 152 replies
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Good luck :) I hope your swing changes around!
      Just wanted to let you know you're not alone, although my limits were lower (nl10), I suffered a 37BI loss at the beginning of them month. I'm just starting to recover now, so don't feel bad, it'll come around for you too!
      I'll be interested to read how your first day went, GL at the tables!
      -Brian
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      GL Dippy19!
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      UPDATE

My first update, jupi! Anyway I won't update every two days, but I might be away for a while... Probably going to the cost for about two weeks the day after tomorrow. That means I will probably complete two of my most important goals, enjoying my summer vacation and read and reread the articles(I'll take them with me).

Ok, what's new. Not much :D . I played a little last night and today, my BR is a bit up and I added a new feature to my blog/thread thingy... THE BR COUNTER! Exciting isn't it.

And another thing, thank you to cannell and brian for the positive feedback. I already have two readers, yay! :P :D

Have fun and good luck to everybody!
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      NO! You have at least 3 readers :heart:

You should postpone reading articles few days and enjoy your vacation. I can think about many more interesting things to do ;)
      And taking break is sometimes more important than anything else.. just chill out
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      I've also experiencing downswing, but with titan summer promotion i could move up without beating 0.5/1.00$ FR so now i'm in same situation as you :) Just starting to feel Short-handed ups and downs

GL btw where do you play?
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      NO! You have at least 3 readers :heart:

You should postpone reading articles few days and enjoy your vacation. I can think about many more interesting things to do ;)
      And taking break is sometimes more important than anything else.. just chill out
      I knew some of you ware hiding out there, you little rascals ;) :D

Trust me after reading about Roman Law for 7 days 12-15h a day some math and stuff about FL poker will be more of a joy read for chilling on the beach :D

Originally posted by martizzo
      I've also experiencing downswing, but with titan summer promotion i could move up without beating 0.5/1.00$ FR so now i'm in same situation as you :) Just starting to feel Short-handed ups and downs

GL btw where do you play?
      You moved up to 0.5/1 SH straight from 0.25/0.5? Interesting. Well 0.5/1 SH is as fishy and easy as 0.25/0.5 FR soo I think it's OK.

And yeah swings can get freaking BIG. I lost like 200BB at 0.5/1 SH, but at the end(first end, now I'm starting over) I beat it with 2BB/100 sooo it's all normal.

If you are interested I will point out some must read articles when switching:
      Way ahead way behinde
      River play heads up
      And these two are really interesting, but... you should post hands of your attempts so you can see if it's the right situation:
      Over call
      Donkbet

Hope I helped a bit :D

Oh yeah, I play at Poker Stars :)
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      At first i want explain situation, i have beaten 0.25/0.50$, but after break-even 5k hands @ FR 0.50/1.00$ i've dropped to ~200$, but with titan summer promotion(40% rakeback), so i've had BR for shorthanded. Today i took first shoot after watching cornholio video at first i was shocked about swings in one sesion but finised steadly up.. This was just my first test shot.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Smallish update

Ok, now this is really the last update before I go. I'm writing it just to say that I twiked one of my goals a bit. I changed the desired amount to play 1$/2$, becouse of two things:
      1. My BR is growing quite rapidly(but that is just an upswing and I found some really stupid players :D , I wish I could say that it's couze I'm that good, but that would be a lie :P )
      2. I want some extra "bounce" for my BR, so I won't play with scare money.

If I'm going to play some more tonight I will also update my BR counter.

I'm also posting my first three day graph(wanted to do that, but I can't filter it out on elephant :( ).

And for the end I would like to wish everybody a great summer!
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      UPDATE

Hello everybody! So today I got back from my 9 day vacation. Had fun and finally saw the ocean:) Anyway it was nice and relaxing. I also had a lot of free time and I used a portion of it for studying poker stuff. Anyways I read the bronze and silver articles and tomorrow I will probably start reading gold ones. I learned some new things and got reminded of some old ones. All in all I think I can say it did me some good. Completed my first two goals :P

When I got home the first thing I did was of course go to the tables. I must say I'm a bit of my game... I had some strange moves that kind of surprised me, in short I was really fishy today imo(Martizzo if you are reading this, correct me if I'm wrong:) ). Well the fact that I spent most of the day in the sun and in a car that doesn't have air conditioning didn't help much either... I was/am really tired... Anyway my BR is a bit down, but nothing drastic.

Since I'm in a really bad shape and want to go to sleep I'll wrap this up quickly. Nothing special all in all, but I made some new decisions:
      -Once I hit 1$/2$ limit again I'll start doing session reviews
      -I'm going to try to qualifie for the WCOOP FL event(special goal)
      -Something that I can't remember and will add later :D :D :D

Oh yeah, tomorrow I'm going to play in the 100K goldstar freeroll and the 20K weekly freeroll(silverstar+), Anybody else playing?

OK, enough, have fun everybody and good luck at the tables!

Good night!
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      Oh yeah today was amazingly fishy I made ~160BB thats crazy amount(>10BB/100h), despite its shorthanded. Also had few hands review from session:
      FL100 AQ'o turn cap(TPGK+second nut FD) vs loose passive

FL100 JJ again WA/WB flop

I like stars more and more. Because titan's regulars were very unkind :D DD
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Oh yeah today was amazingly fishy I made ~160BB thats crazy amount(>10BB/100h), despite its shorthanded. Also had few hands review from session:
      FL100 AQ'o turn cap(TPGK+second nut FD) vs loose passive

FL100 JJ again WA/WB flop

I like stars more and more. Because titan's regulars were very unkind :D DD
      I said I was fishy :D

Yeah on this limit it's always like that, that's why I like to play a bit more aggressively :P , I would probably even 3-bet the second hand :P But It's a bit different on 1/2...

And one more thing, I have some interesting stats on you, you are really tight and really agressive, a SUPER TAG, he he :D . But it's a small sample(~150 hands)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      welcome back Dippy :)

see you tommorrow at 15:00 ET...

Oh yeah today was amazingly fishy I made ~160BB thats crazy amount(>10BB/100h)
      lucky you... I made 65BB in 1300 hands and then lost 77 in another 400 hands :(

nothing wrong happened (-12 BB in 1 day is nothing bad), but I hate that feeling I lost over $300 :evil:
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Just noticed your thread. Nice reading... I'll keep an eye on it :)

At the moment my BR is also at ~550$ but until the end of this month I'll stick to 0.25/0.50 SH. In August I'll move up to 0.5/1.00 so we will be at the same spot. Let's see who will done better :evil:

Joke of course ;)
      Good luck with your goals. My next goal is 1000$ BR :)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Just noticed your thread. Nice reading... I'll keep an eye on it :)
      I need more advertisement!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I tried to join a 500FPP+R qualifier to the WCOOP today, but it was canceled :( Not enough participants... :(
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      SPECIAL GOAL COMPLETED

As some ppl that ware on IRC at that time know, I have managed to qualifie to the WCOOP FL event on Poker Stars. That means that I have completed my special goal.

I played the 500FPP+R qualifier. I spent 1500FPPs, doubled my stack at the beginning for 500FPPs and took an add on during the first(and last) break. There ware 36 participants and the first 2 got the entry to the WCOOP(215$).

Here is what I think the most interesting hand, all others ware nothing special.

Poker Stars
      Limit Holdem Tournament
      Limit: t200/t400
      9 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: t1735
      UTG+1: t4185
      MP1: t2745
      MP2: t1000
      Hero: t1655
      CO: t2185
      Button: t1000
      SB: t4140
      BB: t1465

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with K A
      UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, 2 folds, Hero 3-bets, 4 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 5 J 6 (7.5SB, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 9 (4.75BB, 2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero raises all-in t855, UTG+1 calls.

River: 5 (9.03BB, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: 9.03BB)

Results:
      Final pot: 9.03BB

And here is the winning hand:

Poker Stars
      Limit Holdem Tournament
      Limit: t3000/t6000
      3 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      Button: t1940
      SB: t23655
      Hero: t60405

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is BB with 3 T
      Button calls all-in t1940, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 8 3 4 (2.65SB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 1.94SB, Sidepot 1: 0.71SB)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: K (1.32BB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 0.97BB, Sidepot 1: 0.35BB)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 3 (1.32BB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 0.97BB, Sidepot 1: 0.35BB)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Results:
      Final pot: 1.32BB

I was a pretty sure winner at the end, since I had a HUGE chip lead, he he :)

Anyway, that's about it... We will see what happens in September.

My hunt for glory continuous................. :P
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      nice :)
      what did UTG+1 have in the first hand?
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      AQ :D :D :D :D :D
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      AQ :D :D :D :D :D
      probably standard in limit?
      if not: nice soul read ;)
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Congrats Dippy, great read will follow your progress. I will see you in the WCOOP I qualified tonight as well. Love limit poker but the swings are incredible at times. Keep up the great work you do.