[Application] NL50 CAP Stake, 50k Hand Blocks

• Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      :club: About Myself :club:
      I'm 27, Canadian, have a wife and child, a full time job, home owner, and have been a member for a few years.

:heart: Game Info :heart:
      NL 50 CAP short hand. I do not have a large sample in this game but the game is full of dead money and bad players. Downside is its high variance but with a proper bankroll and a bigger sample profit is highly probable.

:diamond: Reason For Stake :diamond:
      With Christmas and mortgage, rl money is tight. I cashed out almost my whole roll and then build my roll from $10 up to about $450 playing CAP. Then this happened....

In the end I leveled off at about 44 BI under EV. These kind of swings suck but are a reality in this game. I dont have the liquid assets to bankroll myself properly and this is what brings me to this point of looking for a stake.

:spade: Stake Details :spade:
      I have put a lot of thought into this. Since I have never requested a stake before nor have I ever proven myself in the community, consumer confidence will be low. This requires me to take a small percentage of profits. And so the stake will be as follows...

Profits will be split 25/75 (player/stakers)
      Block size will be 50k hands, estimated play time will be ~6 weeks
      Stake size will be $1000 sold in 5% blocks of $50
      Verre86 on Stars is the account I will play ALL of the games on
      Prefered transfers stars to stars, but can work out other if absolutely necessary
      If interested post amount interested in investing, timeline for transfers, and interest in rolling over to another block.

I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.
  • 10 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Verre
      :club: About Myself :club:
      I'm 27, Canadian, have a wife and child, a full time job, home owner, and have been a member for a few years.

:heart: Game Info :heart:
      NL 50 CAP short hand. I do not have a large sample in this game but the game is full of dead money and bad players. Downside is its high variance but with a proper bankroll and a bigger sample profit is highly probable.

:diamond: Reason For Stake :diamond:
      With Christmas and mortgage, rl money is tight. I cashed out almost my whole roll and then build my roll from $10 up to about $450 playing CAP. Then this happened....

In the end I leveled off at about 44 BI under EV. These kind of swings suck but are a reality in this game. I dont have the liquid assets to bankroll myself properly and this is what brings me to this point of looking for a stake.

:spade: Stake Details :spade:
      I have put a lot of thought into this. Since I have never requested a stake before nor have I ever proven myself in the community, consumer confidence will be low. This requires me to take a small percentage of profits. And so the stake will be as follows...

Profits will be split 25/75 (player/stakers)
      Block size will be 50k hands, estimated play time will be ~6 weeks
      Stake size will be $1000 sold in 5% blocks of $50
      Verre86 on Stars is the account I will play ALL of the games on
      Prefered transfers stars to stars, but can work out other if absolutely necessary
      If interested post amount interested in investing, timeline for transfers, and interest in rolling over to another block.

I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

Quoted for reference.

WARNING: BY STAKING THIS MEMBER YOU ARE RISKING A POTENTIAL LOSS BECAUSE OF FRAUD OR PLAYBAD/RUNBAD. AGREEING TO THIS STAKE IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY. POKERSTRATEGY.COM TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR STAKING DEALS BETWEEN MEMBERS. FURTHERMORE POKERSTRATEGY.COM IS NOT EXPECTED TO TAKE PART IN VERIFYING ANY PLAYER NOR GUARANTEEING AGAINST ANY LOSS

In accordance with our rules, please create a feedback thread and link it in your opening post.

Good luck!
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      Will contact you on community tools. I reserve for moment 20%
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      reserve 40%

Will contact you through community tool as well
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      I researched CAP games a bit and found this :

"1 player rake is about 6,9bb/100 hands. This is 34,5% from initial 20bb BI."

Dont see how one can profit at CAP. Only if opposition is terrible. Are they?
    • liessens
      liessens
      Bronze
      Yes, seems quite unlickely to me too
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Yeah it's kinda like FLHM in that sense that rake is high but the players are really terrible and there is people beating the games throughout all levels it seems. From the time I've played I have experienced the fish/reg ratio to be the best I have seen on stars since 2009.

That being said its a very swingy high variance game with a lot of risks. That's one of the reasons the split is 25/75 until later blocks when I have proven a good horse.

Edit: also bb/100 is not the same for a winning player in cap as it is for full buyin games. A good winning player makes between 1-2.5bb/100 where as in full bi games it's 5-10bb/100 depending on the stakes.
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      Switch back to 6max hypers. You'll get staked in a few hours :P
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      I played a bit there earlyer the year (read my blog).

I also happen to "obtain" a big database of all the hands played over a 3 month period (hmm...dont ask).

There are not one consistent winner over a large sample read 100K+ hands. (without ffp ect).

IMHO the game is unbeatable (excluding ffp ect).
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      Even after my big losing days I'm still above 1bb/100 profit in 15k hands.

Never the less ill be playing these games with or without a stake since they are so soft. If This thread comes up with 100% for the stake I will be starting it as soon as the deposits are recieved.

Edit: didnt sss have this same argument yet it was played successfully until banned? Not 100% on this just sort of a question.
    • Verre
      Verre
      Bronze
      http://lifeinthecooler.blogspot.ca/2011/03/when-i-started-shortstacking-it-was-at.html

Heres some proof of profitability.

I'm still looking to fill out this stake and start it up. I'm still winning on my own roll but it is far to small to play comfortably.