Hlynkinn Poker bl000g

• Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Hey all
      My name is Hlynur and I'm a student living in Iceland. Before I joined pokerstrategy I had lost one small bankroll... After I lost it I started freerolling and after cashing $4.50 in a freeroll I soon made it $100 playing 18 players sng's...
      And only a month ago (probably a little bit more) I joined pokerstrategy and received the $50 starting capital... at first I started playing $1 9 players sng's without any real losses or profit. I was at zero after rakeback... Then after reading few strategy posts I started playing sss on nl10... At first I lost few dollars but then I downloaded Elephant and had a little upswing... and after that I've just been grinding trying to build up my bankroll for nl25.
      After a month my current bankroll is $200 after $25 downswing today (Also the reason i began this blog lol )

My Graph:

Todays ring game downswing:

I currently only play 4-8 tables at a time ( and only 3 sng's at a time )
  • 436 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      this hand says alot about how my aces have been working this weekend

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,00
      BU:
      $3,60
      UTG+2:
      $1,55

0,05/0,1 Pot-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.55 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:diamond: , A:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,35, UTG+2 raises to $0,60, 4 folds, BU calls $0,60, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00 (All-In), UTG+2 raises to $1,55 (All-In), BU calls $0,95.

Flop: ($4,25) Q:club: , K:club: , Q:diamond:
      Turn: ($4,25) 3:club:
      River: ($4,25) 5:spade:

Final Pot: $4,25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens (Ad Ah)
      BU shows a full-house, queens full of kings (Qh Ks)
      UTG+2 shows three of a kind, queens (Qs Ac)

BU wins with a full-house, queens full of kings (Qh Ks)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $1,05
      MP1:
      $7,00
      BU:
      $22,00

0,05/0,1 Pot-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.55 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      MP1 raises to $0,20, 2 folds, CO calls $0,20, BU calls $0,20, Hero raises to $0,70, BB folds, MP1 calls $0,50, CO folds, BU calls $0,50.

Flop: ($2,40) 3:club: , A:spade: , Q:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,35 (All-In), MP1 calls $0,35, BU calls $0,35.

Turn: ($3,45) 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, BU checks.

River: ($3,45) 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $3,45, BU folds, MP1 gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $3,45

Hero shows three of a kind, aces (Ah Ad)
      MP1 shows a straight, five high (5h 5s)

MP1 wins with a straight, five high (5h 5s)

you gotta love playing sss on the weekends they call you with anything :( ... but since any two cards will outdraw my aces it's -ev lol
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      So finally after 10k hands at full tilts double rake nl10 I have the bankroll needed to move up to NL25

11bb/100

so my bankrolls at the moment
      Pokerstars: $100
      Fulltilt: $240
      Pacific: $20 (I don't wanna own those :( )
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Lost my first nl25 hand :(

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5,00
      MP2:
      $18,10

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J:spade: , J:club: . Hero posts a blind of $0,25.
      UTG+1 calls $0,25, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0,25, MP3 calls $0,25, Hero raises to $1,50, 4 folds, MP2 raises to $5,00, MP3 folds, Hero calls $3,50.

Flop: ($10,85) K:club: , Q:diamond: , 6:club:
      Turn: ($10,85) 4:heart:
      River: ($10,85) 9:diamond:

Final Pot: $10,85

Hero shows a pair of jacks (Js Jc)
      MP2 shows a pair of kings (Kd Ad)

MP2 wins with a pair of kings (Kd Ad)
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Taking few bad beats and stuff I'm down $20 for the day... Not feeling confident enought to play sss the aggressive way I like to... And well players on NL25 not showing me as much respect as nl10...
      But they say you always start a new limit with a downswing so it's really not that bad :) it's just a much difference 150% raise and not 100% like it should be...
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      So I took a little break from cash games and started playing some sng's and stuff. I haven't played much this week made a nice $11 cash from a fpp tourney on stars. Also played few sng's on full tilt poker to recover for my downswing on nl25 :)

Bankrolls:
      Pacific Poker: $40
      Pokerstars: $126
      Full Tilt: $231

overall: $397
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      So my weekend was ok
      Started playing alot of sng's on Full Tilt with 0.4% - roi
      moved to 6 handed sng's and made few bucks there.
      It will be okay profit after rakeback I think.

Also had a nice weekend on pokerstars Cashing in a fpp sat to sunday hundred grand. cashing in the sunday hundred grand and getting nice roi on few HORSE sng's

Full Tilt: 239$
      Pokerstars: 130$
      Pacific: 40$

Overall: 409$
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Silver
      Nice to see you are performing well (even in those HORSE crapshoots :) )
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Ty for your comment :)

Around the 225 game I saw I wasn't doing good enough in the 9handed sng's so I changed to the $2 6handed sng's and it has been a good run so far.

Bankrolls:
      Full Tilt: 273$
      Pokerstars: 127$

Overall: 440$
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze

Big upswing then Big downswing then big upswing....

First time in a long time I've gone on a tilt. I just took a break and came back for another upswing :)

Bankrolls:
      Full Tilt: 297$
      Pokerstars: 127$

Overall: 464$
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Silver
      Nice graph :D

Keep grinding, I'm sure you will be able to move up ;)
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Nice blog, keep up the stats Hlynkinn

Im going on holiday so I will see you on IRC in a weeks time, I expect to see you up a limit when I get back! :D :heart:
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Yesterday Played in the Ironman Bronze 10k$ freeroll.

820 players. 1.5k$ first prize. 25$ for 180th to 90.
      When the bubble was starting to be close I was in top 30...
      I was gonna use the bubble as much as I could to get few blinds...
      I was pushing all kinds of shit from position and no one wants to bubble so I didn't get a call...
      Untill I get AK and get called by QQ and JJ. Flop brings a J and I loose some part of my stack.
      So now the bubble is about to burst and I'm around 60th place.
      I made some good plays and find myself again around top 30 when around 100 players ar left.
      But then my unlucky AK comes into play vs a shorstack AJ and a bigstacker with AQ

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      Bronze $10000 Freeroll
      8 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG balvord (4355)
      UTG 1 eedeacon (1520)
      MP1 Hero (11260)
      MP2 weezymook (17973)
      CO NecroPapus (3918)
      BTN wkbel (6135)
      SB Squatchi (16743)
      BB natecraw (10205)

Blinds: 200/400 Ante 50

Pre-flop: (1000, 8 players) Hero is MP1 K:club: A:diamond:
      1 fold, eedeacon calls 400, Hero raises to 1200, weezymook calls 1200, 4 folds, eedeacon calls 800

Flop: A:heart: 3:spade: K:spade: (5000, 3 players)
      eedeacon goes all-in 270, Hero goes all-in 10010, weezymook calls 10010

Turn: 2:diamond: (25290, 3 players)

River: 4:spade: (25290, 3 players)

Final Pot: 24890
      eedeacon shows: J:club: A:club:
      Hero shows: K:club: A:diamond:
      weezymook shows: A:spade: Q:spade:

weezymook wins 24890 ( won 13680 )
      eedeacon lost -1470
      Hero lost -11210

It's standard and I'm not that much ahead on the flop.. It's just so sad another bigstack had to have this hand and no way for me to get away from it.
      Some might say My push was to early or something but really I just wanted that bigstack out of the hand in case he had some kind of a pocket pair or something that could outdraw me :)
      I would've been the chipleader and few steps closer to 1.5k$ if i had won the hand.

I'm proud for my 92th place finish for 25$ but the final table is going to have to wait another day.
      Never felt this bad winning 25$ before :(

... Also cashed 3$ in the nordic freeroll on stars :)

Bankrolls:
      Full Tilt: 318$

Overall: 488$
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze

Going pretty well. I've tightened a little bit up in the beginning and it seems to work pretty well.

Bankrolls:

Full Tilt: 346$

Overall: 516$

This is a big milestone for me. Finally my overall bankrolls are over 500$.
      Also I've grinded my 50$ starting capital to 350$ in two months. Not bad at all.
      And now I have the bankroll to play 6$ sng's tho I don't think I'll be playing them this week. 200% higher buy in just seems so much and I've only played around 150 games at $2 6handed.

Set of 4 sng's at $2.25 cost 9$
      Set of 4 sng's at $6.50 cost 24$

So it's kinda a big step to move up tho the $6 sng's but I think I'll be ready for it next week.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      LONG LONG TIME since last update....

So for the last couple of weeks I've moved up to 6$ 6 max sng's on full tilt... Those are so much harder then the 2$ you won't believe it lol...

I've been both making some (not many) mistakes and getting out drawned alot... I think overall I'm up 30$ for the 6$ sng's in almost 100 games... not good I would be making more money playing the 2$ ones....

But well It could also just look so bad because I'm posting this after a 35$ downswing :)

It's not going straight up like I wanted... but doesn't look like a loss so I'm okay with it...
      If I don't start getting better roi % on those soon I might think about finding another game to play...
      It looks like the opponents are worse on the weekends but thats almost the time were I play the smallest amount of games...
      I've heard the 6$ are easier on pokerstars... but what do I know...

I still feel like I'm better then most of the opponents... but it's just so big change from 2$... Your often reaching 50/100 blinds and still all 6 players in... that doesn't happen in the 2$...

Only real edge I'm having over my opponents now is that most of the players are not good at ICM... But this is also the reason I've been getting unlucky :)

I've also been running few mtt's with no luck... Still just getting close enough to smell the big money... Finished 8th and 9th in two 90 player mtt sng's
      Finished 9th in the community tourney...
      and 130 in 4k tourney
      Also ran a 22$ tournament as a stake few weeks back... most of the players were better then me lol... And it was so aggressive... So much stealing so re-stealing was starting to be light.... and when stealing is light and restealing also light.... you start to see some re-re-steal situation lol :)
      But well I had no luck in that one... was card dead and ended up busting pushing 67s into QQ... but atleast I gained a lot of experience for free...

I'm looking forward to running more mtt's in near future and I now know I'm skilled enough to start seeing more final tables.
      In the end of this month I'm hopefully going to get a great tournament player (20k in winnings is great enough) to coach me for a week or so...
      And I'm still looking for my big tournament cash.. been so close to often now

Bankrolls:

Full Tilt: 464$
      Pokerstars: 90$
      Pacific: 35$

Overall: 586$
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      UPDATE
      Just played some slots on pacific poker...

Bankrolls:

Full Tilt: 464$
      Pacific: 48$

Overall: 599$
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I'm thinking about starting to make this blog a daily update.... At least I'll try

So I managed to play a lot today without any real profit:

I can't be to mad since I'm not loosing.... but Why does it look like I can't win this limit... :rolleyes:
      I think I played really well today except for one stupid hand where I called with tptk almost knowing dude had AA or KK....
      And I'm also starting to think my ICM game might be a little bit better....
      I also got REALLY REALLY REALLY unlucky HU... So I finished to often in 2nd place.... I had 3 runner runners on me when all in on the flop....

I've been running ICM trainer now after I finished the last set... 400 hands 91%
      I'm happy with it....

And I made the settings to HU 120 hands 98%

I feel really confident about my HU game.... I feel like I'm better then almost every player I've played in the end of those sng's but still some bad luck is making me more often finishing 2nd...

Enough for today...

Lets grind it up tomorrow....

Bankrolls:

Full Tilt: 470$
      Pacific: 45$

Overall: 605$
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Nice blog.

I wouldnt worry about not winning that much atm. You haven't really gone down too much, just stick at it, you will be able to beat them!
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Thx for your comment :)

So yesterday I had no time for poker nor updating this blog... I was drunk almost all yesterday so :)

So today I got home from school and began playing... First set making me nice 23$... Next set loosing 3$... Next set loosing 3$... next set winning 36$... Or something like that :D

Graph for today:

See that nice upswing??? yup yup now that's what I've been waiting for :D

Overall I'm really really really happy about my game today... I got far in every sit n go and was playing some solid ICM...

Now my bankroll is big enough for 11$ sng's but I don't feel like playing them untill I've seen some steady results on the 6$ sng's... Only played 100 games on that level so in my opinion it's not enough...

BI --- Winnings -- profit -- Roi -- av. BI -- afs -- itm --- itm %
      $0 - $5 -- $1,027 -- $108 -- 12% -- $2 -- 7 -- 211/486 -- 43%
      $5 - $10 -- $790 -- $82 -- 12% -- $7 -- 6 -- 43/109 -- 39%

some stats for the 2$ sng's and 6$ sng's....

Bankrolls:

Full Tilt: 523$

Overall: 653$
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      code:
        BI       Winnings   profit   Roi   av.BI   afs     itm     itm %
      --------   --------   ------   ---   -----   ---   -------   -----  
      $0 - $5     $1,027    $108     12%    $2      7    211/486    43%
      $5 - $10    $  790    $ 82     12%    $7      6    43/109     39%

If you enclose formatted text in code tags, it'll keep your formating. (like above). Since we can't post with HTML here, this is the best work around I could come up with. (that's why I use it for posting the weekly BOTD results)