$5.02
      MP1:
      $3.36
      SB:
      $3.60
      CO:
      $2.00

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.50 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , 6:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.04.
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.04, 2 folds, CO checks, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.14) Q:heart: , 8:diamond: , J:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0.14) T:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.20, CO raises to $0.74, Hero raises to $1.00 (All-In), MP1 calls $0.80, CO calls $0.26.

River: ($3.14) A:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1.36, CO folds.

Final Pot: $4.50

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a straight, ace high (Kc 6c)
      MP1 shows a straight, queen high (Th 9h)

Hero wins with a straight, ace high (Kc 6c)
  • 5 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      First of all you can't play SSS on NL4 because you can't buy in with 20BB.
      So you should either start playing SSS on NL10 or BSS on NL4.

About the hand:
      On the turn you have a monsterdraw, which means that you need to make the pot bigger in case you hit it. So just make a bet (let's say $0.10) on the turn and play this one like a made hand. As played, I think you can go broke on the turn here.

It's also better to leave away the results, because it's all about playing the hand correctly. If you win or lose the hand now is not important, it's all about the long-term winnings (the winnings you get when playing correctly).

In this case I would also make a note of MP1 slowplaying his straight here!
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      well with nl 2/4c i have 25 bb wich is the allowed amount to play with according to the beginer articles but other than that cheers for input.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jmackenzie
      well with nl 2/4c i have 25 bb wich is the allowed amount to play with according to the beginer articles but other than that cheers for input.
      25BB is the amount that requires you to leave the table ;)
      SSS is mathematically based, so the creators must have had their reasons for it. With any decent BR (around $30) you can play SSS on NL10, so I don't see any reason to play some semi-working-SSS on NL4.

But in the end it's your choice.
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      nh i would go all in on turn also
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi jmackenzie,
      I just put it in the equilator and against hands like qt,kq any 9 you are not running that great. You need at least 31% equity which you don't have against a 9 and when both call you, its pretty hard to get this equity.So you have to fold your monster draw on the turn.

Another thing that you shouldnt do in the future is pushing allin, you are never ahead on this turn and you can easily fold unimproved on the river, so just call the raise or fold, pushing makes no sense.

Best Regards

Ysessa