This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] A8s

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed.
      sb is very loose guy (127 hands 47/27/ 24 3b - no stats while playing but he's going broke easily)
      bb is unknown (he's big stack so let's give him some credit)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.95)
      BB ($28.45)
      UTG ($10.15)
      UTG+1 ($12.22)
      Hero ($9.60)
      BTN ($29.89)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, SB raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($1.50) T:spade: J:diamond: 2:diamond:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.50) T:spade: J:diamond: 2:diamond: T:diamond:

SB bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40, Hero raises to $2.20, SB raises to $4, BB calls $3.60, Hero raises to $9.10 (AI), SB calls $4.45 (AI), BB calls $5.10

RIVER ($28.15) T:spade: J:diamond: 2:diamond: T:diamond: Q:heart:

BB shows T:club: A:spade:
      (Pre 16%, Flop 0.7%, Turn 2.4%)

Hero shows A:diamond: 8:diamond:
      (Pre 15%, Flop 28.6%, Turn 0.0%)

SB shows J:heart: J:club:
      (Pre 68%, Flop 70.7%, Turn 97.6%)

Hero wins $1.22
      SB wins $25.06

Preflop is and easy call but being careful playing postflop.

Flop: checking behind is only option since this hit their range very hard and we have position and might hit :diamond:

Turn seems a good card. I raise big to go broke against Tx and worse flushes. When I see a min3b and a call I was like... :f_confused:
      Can we just call here and decide on the river? While playing I saw so many flushes and Tx in their hands I was sure I'm almost always ahead here.
      Only JT beats me (didn't think about nuts nuts) but mostly I see good Tx or flushes.

If I decide to call turn and R goes bet/call...is our only option fold?
  • 2 replies
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Hi,

After your raise on the turn followed by a RR and a call I would have to give one of them credit for a FH here. I would FOLD.
      It's sometimes hard to let these hands go against such opponents at these limits but at any level I think this is a definate fold.

I think you could try for a cheaper showdown with a turn call but proceed very carefully on a paired board against 2 opps.

Zach
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks fine given the odds we are given.

Postflop: SB is the preflop min 3-better and usually has a strong range of JJ+, AK and bluffs. It's possible that he checks the flop with the overpairs in an attempt to induce later on so it's hard for us to fold on that turn.

I would look at playing it the same as I don't see value in just a call. So either fold or shove but I think shoving is fine.