[NL2-NL10] A8s

• yaxkukmian
      no hud, speed.
      sb is very loose guy (127 hands 47/27/ 24 3b - no stats while playing but he's going broke easily)
      bb is unknown (he's big stack so let's give him some credit)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.95)
      BB ($28.45)
      UTG ($10.15)
      UTG+1 ($12.22)
      Hero ($9.60)
      BTN ($29.89)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, SB raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($1.50) T:spade: J:diamond: 2:diamond:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.50) T:spade: J:diamond: 2:diamond: T:diamond:

SB bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40, Hero raises to $2.20, SB raises to $4, BB calls $3.60, Hero raises to $9.10 (AI), SB calls $4.45 (AI), BB calls $5.10

RIVER ($28.15) T:spade: J:diamond: 2:diamond: T:diamond: Q:heart:

BB shows T:club: A:spade:
      (Pre 16%, Flop 0.7%, Turn 2.4%)

Hero shows A:diamond: 8:diamond:
      (Pre 15%, Flop 28.6%, Turn 0.0%)

SB shows J:heart: J:club:
      (Pre 68%, Flop 70.7%, Turn 97.6%)

Hero wins $1.22
      SB wins $25.06

Preflop is and easy call but being careful playing postflop.

Flop: checking behind is only option since this hit their range very hard and we have position and might hit :diamond:

Turn seems a good card. I raise big to go broke against Tx and worse flushes. When I see a min3b and a call I was like... :f_confused:
      Can we just call here and decide on the river? While playing I saw so many flushes and Tx in their hands I was sure I'm almost always ahead here.
      Only JT beats me (didn't think about nuts nuts) but mostly I see good Tx or flushes.

If I decide to call turn and R goes bet/call...is our only option fold?
  • 2 replies
    • zachrina

After your raise on the turn followed by a RR and a call I would have to give one of them credit for a FH here. I would FOLD.
      It's sometimes hard to let these hands go against such opponents at these limits but at any level I think this is a definate fold.

I think you could try for a cheaper showdown with a turn call but proceed very carefully on a paired board against 2 opps.

• BogdanPS
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: looks fine given the odds we are given.

Postflop: SB is the preflop min 3-better and usually has a strong range of JJ+, AK and bluffs. It's possible that he checks the flop with the overpairs in an attempt to induce later on so it's hard for us to fold on that turn.

I would look at playing it the same as I don't see value in just a call. So either fold or shove but I think shoving is fine.