This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA play on turn

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      5 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $37.54
      CO: $13.27
      Button: $51.80
      SB: $38.22
      Hero: $39.89

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A:spade: A:diamond:
      2 folds, [color:#cc0000]Button raises to $0.85[/color], SB folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $3[/color], Button calls.

Flop: J:club: 7:diamond: 8:diamond: ($6.1, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $4[/color], Button calls.

Turn: Q:diamond: ($14.1, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]Button bets $14[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero raises all-in $32.89[/color], Button folds.
      Uncalled bets: $18.89 returned to Hero.

Thought he might be floating me on the flop since I had cbet quite a bit recently or maybe he has flush draw. After his huge raise on the turn I though I’d check and see how he played it, especially since I can give a free card if he checks behind and hope for another diamond. When he made the pot size raise I definitely thought that he had floated with something decent and was trying to take the pot, I didn't put him on a flush anymore, so I went for a check/push. OK play?
  • 6 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Presuming your opponent is going to float is kinda risky, you're just giving him a freecard if he has a high :diamond: . If you were sure he was going to float it's ok, but I don't like presuming that because against most opponents I just get checked behind on the turn.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      I have the ace of diamonds so a diamond is fine for me on the river, the only draws i risk giving a free card to are straight draws which seems very unlikely on this board.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gggeorgio
      I have the ace of diamonds so a diamond is fine for me on the river, the only draws i risk giving a free card to are straight draws which seems very unlikely on this board.
      Yeah but if he has a high :diamond: he'd probably pay you on the turn to see another card. This is really opponent dependant, if he's very agressive and likes to float it's the best play.
    • Rialli
      Rialli
      Bronze
      I think you played it very good. I think you are ahead most of the time in this situation, but I still think you have to raise the turn. And since you're not very deep after his bet a shove is what you should do.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I like your line. Often enough players take stab on the turn when checked to them, especially on lower limits.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Nicely done in my opinion as well. When I read from top i was like WTF!!! when you went allin on the diamond on turn, but I got it right after :P

gen