Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $37.54
      CO: $13.27
      Button: $51.80
      SB: $38.22
      Hero: $39.89

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A:spade: A:diamond:
      2 folds, [color:#cc0000]Button raises to $0.85[/color], SB folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $3[/color], Button calls.

Flop: J:club: 7:diamond: 8:diamond: ($6.1, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $4[/color], Button calls.

Turn: Q:diamond: ($14.1, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]Button bets $14[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero raises all-in $32.89[/color], Button folds.
      Uncalled bets: $18.89 returned to Hero.

Thought he might be floating me on the flop since I had cbet quite a bit recently or maybe he has flush draw. After his huge raise on the turn I though I’d check and see how he played it, especially since I can give a free card if he checks behind and hope for another diamond. When he made the pot size raise I definitely thought that he had floated with something decent and was trying to take the pot, I didn't put him on a flush anymore, so I went for a check/push. OK play?
  • 6 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Presuming your opponent is going to float is kinda risky, you're just giving him a freecard if he has a high :diamond: . If you were sure he was going to float it's ok, but I don't like presuming that because against most opponents I just get checked behind on the turn.
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      I have the ace of diamonds so a diamond is fine for me on the river, the only draws i risk giving a free card to are straight draws which seems very unlikely on this board.
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gggeorgio
      I have the ace of diamonds so a diamond is fine for me on the river, the only draws i risk giving a free card to are straight draws which seems very unlikely on this board.
      Yeah but if he has a high :diamond: he'd probably pay you on the turn to see another card. This is really opponent dependant, if he's very agressive and likes to float it's the best play.
    • Rialli
      Rialli
      Bronze
      I think you played it very good. I think you are ahead most of the time in this situation, but I still think you have to raise the turn. And since you're not very deep after his bet a shove is what you should do.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I like your line. Often enough players take stab on the turn when checked to them, especially on lower limits.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Nicely done in my opinion as well. When I read from top i was like WTF!!! when you went allin on the diamond on turn, but I got it right after :P

gen