[NL2-NL10] bad run...

• phullhand
      phullhand
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I really need some help here.. yesterday I lost 1/2 from my bankroll.. of course I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see...
      I'll post the hands I loose a lot of money, if you could please tell me what I did wrong.. tnx!!

Poker Room skin
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) PHullHand is CO with K K
      5 folds, PHullHand raises to $0.4, Button folds, SB raises to $1, BB folds, PHullHand raises all-in $3.4, SB calls.

Flop: Q Q Q ($, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

Turn: A ($0, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

River: 9 ($0, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

Results:
      Final pot: $0
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phullhand
      Hi guys,

I really need some help here.. yesterday I lost 1/2 from my bankroll.. of course I'm doing something wrong, but I can't see...
      I'll post the hands I loose a lot of money, if you could please tell me what I did wrong.. tnx!!

PHullHand raises all-in $3.4, SB calls.
      This is what is wrong,

Either you won a doubled up before this hand or you are not playing SSS accordingly to what is prescribed.
      You should buyin with 20 BigBlinds with SSS. on NL10 thats $2, if you have $2.5 you should blind out and leave the table.

As for the hand, maximum aggressive is required preflop with AA / KK so well played.
    • meredori
      meredori
      Bronze
      I agree with Gerv on this, Overall you suffered an unlucky Badbeat BUT you have way too much money on that table. 25BB MAX so you should have already left and would not have risked that much money. The key to SSS is to slowly make your way up the limit until you reach a stage where you feel comfortable enough to try out BSS or higher limit SSS.

You should not be looking to win big, make money fast or anything like that. The strategies presented here teach poker as a profitable outlook not a gamble.

If you want to win big, then learn to play small first. Think of it as being paid to learn to make money.

As far as increasing the money you make goes. When you feel comfortable on 1 table open another table and so forth. Having 4 tables + open gives you the feeling of being active without having to increase your starting hand range.

PokerStrategy does not tell you about the 15-25BB SSS because it doesn't want you to earn much. It tells you because it is the safest way to pretty much guarantee a long term gain.

Fair enough on one table you may double up 30BB to 60BB and make more than you would on other tables. BUT also
      what if you lost those 30BB then you are behind on if you played with 20BB only.

Risk Management is a very important thing and by playing outside the recommended range of 15-25BB you are gambling dangerously and overall are expected to run out of money quickly.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Nice hand, bad luck.

But as it was said above, play in the 15-25 BB range.

Most players wait till they get blinded out, but I don't even do that, I prefer to leave immediately when hitting 25+BB because playing bigger stack needs adaptations with the game.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi phullhand,

below 100bb there is no way to fold kk preflop so nice hand.

Best Regards

Ysessa