[Coach] Schnitzelfisch: Productivity, Learning, Mindset, and Life coaching - Q&A

• Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there guys,

most of you who are from the English community probably know me from my productivity guide (which has been translated into many languages already :) ) and my videos/webinars.

My name is Primož, and I am a productivity/learning/mindset/life coach. My formal education is a computer scientist, but I am far more interested in poker and business psychology, entrepreneurship, investing and improving other peoples' lives. I have also been a professional sportsman for all of my life and am very interested in nutrition and health as well, and I will use the knowledge from those domains to help you become even more successful.

I'm currently cooperating mostly with mid-highstakes players in forms of private coachings, so I have a good overview of what successful pokerplayers do, how they work on their game, etc.

Within the Bootcamp forums, I am mostly going to be lurking around your threads and offering you detailed advice with clear action steps for solving your problems.

Some of the more specific areas that I can help you with are:

-Motivation
      -Focus and concentration
      -Goal setting (along with vision and mission)
      -Increasing your energy levels
      -Good recovery
      -Good breaks during your work
      -Time planning/management (Energy management)
      -Getting the most out of the time invested in poker/Getting more done in less time
      -Establishing good habits and getting rid of bad ones
      -Learning techniques and study problems
      -Overcoming Laziness
      -Putting in more volume
      -Pushing yourself to the limits
      -Challenging yourself
      -Achieving constant improvement in all areas of your life
      -Personal finance
      -etc.

I am sure that together with Erik, who is a mental game expert, we will be able to make a lot of you tilt-free hyper-productive monkeys. I'm looking forward to working with you guys!

If you have any specific questions in any of the mentioned areas (or any other area!) that you would like to ask me, you can do this in this thread (or in your threads of course - I'll be there all the time ;) ).

Take care!

-Primož
  • 45 replies
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      haha when I read your nick first time I've tried to imagine how it looks in reality but for some reason I couldn't.
      So thx for making it clear:D
    • ErikStenqvist
      ErikStenqvist
      Global
      Looking forward to working together with Schnitzelfisch in assisting you guys with the mental side of the game.

So when Schnitzel gives you some advice, listen and learn! :)
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      also looking forward to working with both of you mindset-coaches:)

What do you mean when you say that you can help ppl with personal finance stuff?
      Do you have some solid ideas how/where you can safety (no big dividend) invest some % of your money, so that you do not need to have a big portion of your role/money, online anymore?
      Any other ideas referring to this topic?
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there IronPumper,

By personal finance I mean:

-tracking and managing your spending
      -spending your money consciously
      -saving money
      -diversifying your income

There's no really "safe" investing IMO :D . Everything can go wrong. Banks can bankrupt, countries can go to hell, staking can fail, businesses can fall apart, not to even mention the stock market...

A better option than just having it in your MB account would most likely be to put it in a savings account (although that is not 100% safe, and you really have to be careful here what you want). The bad side of these imo is that your money usually isn't liquid, which sucks if a good investment opportunity comes along the way. There are savings accounts from which you can withdraw at any time, but they usually have low % interest rates.

I would say that investing into businesses of the people i know really good and know that they'll be successful no matter what is one of the best options. Also staking people who you personally know and you know that they're winning players, trustworthy and preferably live next to you.

If you decide to invest money, I think it's good to keep a diversified portfolio (don't invest into just 1 thing, rather in 10), in case something does go wrong.

But I am by no means an expert in investing and am still learning myself, and I feel like my knowledge is better in personal finance :) .

I hope this helps,

-SF
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Schnitzelfisch
      Hey there IronPumper,

By personal finance I mean:

-tracking and managing your spending
      -spending your money consciously
      -saving money
      -diversifying your income

There's no really "safe" investing IMO :D . Everything can go wrong. Banks can bankrupt, countries can go to hell, staking can fail, businesses can fall apart, not to even mention the stock market...

A better option than just having it in your MB account would most likely be to put it in a savings account (although that is not 100% safe, and you really have to be careful here what you want). The bad side of these imo is that your money usually isn't liquid, which sucks if a good investment opportunity comes along the way. There are savings accounts from which you can withdraw at any time, but they usually have low % interest rates.

I would say that investing into businesses of the people i know really good and know that they'll be successful no matter what is one of the best options. Also staking people who you personally know and you know that they're winning players, trustworthy and preferably live next to you.

If you decide to invest money, I think it's good to keep a diversified portfolio (don't invest into just 1 thing, rather in 10), in case something does go wrong.

But I am by no means an expert in investing and am still learning myself, and I feel like my knowledge is better in personal finance :) .

I hope this helps,

-SF
      Hey, thx so far for replying^^
      Although I am already someone who tries to save as much as i can and this is also my nature, getting even better at this is very itneresting to me - so would like to hear anytime (mb in my blog at any point -> tilte: my way up to HSNL") more about this.

Regards to the other stuff you have written down, i also would liek to say something, but this i a close topoc , so i do no wanna go public in detail - hence, when it is ok for you, I will add you as a buddy at the com-tool and will ask further by pming you - or we can exchange also skype-details at the com-tool - w/e fits you better^^
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      But my skype details are in my signature :D . So you can add me on skype and contact me, should be the fastest ;) .
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Hi

Really gratefull you're doing this (all the boot-camp) and everything. I've always thought about such treat from pokerstrategy and I knew they have the means and the people to do it but it took some time to do it. Also I believe this would go really well and maybe this could be repeated on a monthly basis.

I've already started working on my self-improvement so that makes it already usefull. I'm already at the +99% more than most people part :)
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      Time planning/management (Energy management)
      -Getting the most out of the time invested in poker/Getting more done in less time
      Could you elaborate these points? As my planning is rather shit and most of my time goes to waste lurking the internet etc.
      One of the causes is that i don't do anything effective, when i know i have to be somewhere, or do something, within (half) an hour or so. So that precious hour goes to waste doing nothing basicly.

I already had some sort of 'training', atleast that's how they called it at college. Where i had to schedule my days, but this didn't learn me shit. Cuz they didn't elaborate on anything of it and i learned, what i already knew. And that was: that my planning was rather shit :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey there Varune,

that's a huuuge subject, so you can ask me more specific questions/describe more specific problems that you personally have :) .

For example, I don't think that surfing on the internet is connected to time management all that much.

When do we usually browse the internet? When we're bored. When are we bored? When we have nothing to do. When do we have nothing to do? When we don't know exactly what we want to/should be doing. And when is that? When we don't have a clear vision/mission.

Of course this is a bit of a generalization, and there are other reasons for browsing the internet (cause it's comfortable, you can't fail at it, it's easy to do, it's useful for procrastination, etc...), but you get the general idea.

If you do have a clear vision and mission (how to write one? For poker, look here, for life read the first chapter of my productivity guide), you will know at all times what you want from life and what exactly you need to do to get it. So if you realize that browsing the internet just doesn't provide you with any value and that life is too short to do it, you're likely to stop doing it ;) .

Of course it's easier said than done, but if you decide to decrease your time on the internet, you can simply write in your vision statement that "you don't want to spend the time on the internet because it's a waste of time and want to spend your time doing the things that provide some kind of a value to you", then review that frequently and hold yourself accountable for it, your problem will go away.

Of course there are cheap tricks which enable you to limit your time on the internet, such as browser addons stayfocusd and leechblock as well.

If you want to avoid wasting the time when you know that you have to be somewhere soon, what should you do? Well, one thing that you could do is brainstorm a list of activities which you can do in that time :) .

If you're at home, you can clean your appartment/room for example. You can read a book. Or you can listen to an audiobook. If you're not at home, carrying a book/audiobook with you at all times will also enable you to use the time when you're waiting for someone or for something to begin more efficiently :) .

I'm sure that by brainstorming you'll be able to find more productive things that you can do in those time windows (please share them with others when you find them :) !).

Once you have a list of things that you can do (which can also include specific tasks, such as calling a friend on the phone, maybe making a reservation for a dinner, answering a certain e-mail...), you can simply navigate through it when such a time window appears.

The preparation is key here. You need to know what you want, how to get it and be prepared for strange life situations :) . That way, you can use your time the most effectively!

By the way, are there any other times of the day when you could increase your productivity but tend to slack? If so, please let me know about them and I'll be happy to help you out.

There are of course many other things within the time management/energy management, so if you're wondering about something, don't be afraid to ask!

-Primož
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      But my skype details are in my signature :D . So you can add me on skype and contact me, should be the fastest ;) .
      haha, lol - totally overlooked it obv. :D

will add you^^
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by x3mwisp
      Hi

Really gratefull you're doing this (all the boot-camp) and everything. I've always thought about such treat from pokerstrategy and I knew they have the means and the people to do it but it took some time to do it. Also I believe this would go really well and maybe this could be repeated on a monthly basis.

I've already started working on my self-improvement so that makes it already usefull. I'm already at the +99% more than most people part :)
      what, it is only for 1 month?

Ah, that would be kinda sad cause it is the first time since feelwise ages thatpokerstrategy.com went ahead and made a great step to finally give their diamond members in fact somethin valueable back...
      what would happen then with the blogs, when this will only last 1 month?

ah, this would be rly ridiciolous, a shame and kinda sad:(

hope it will be more a regular thing^^
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      If it's successful, I'm sure that the bootcamp will continue, and looking at the activity in it, i think it's definitely on the right track :) .
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      If it's successful, I'm sure that the bootcamp will continue, and looking at the activity in it, i think it's definitely on the right track :) .
      glad to hear this approximation:)
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Bootcamp is an awesome opportunity to learn a lot of stuff. All you players should really be as active as possible to get the best value for this. The greatest thing imo is this mental aspect.

What I have seen, the main difference between succesfull poker players and quitting/failing poker players is the mental game. Variance can be a cruel enemy. And when you step into the world where major portion of your income depends on poker, the pressure you get from variance is even higher.

So especially all of you who are now grinding just for fun and extra money, pay attention to what Erik and Primoz tells you. :)
    • Varune
      Varune
      Bronze
      Thx again for the above post! Will brainstorm some plans i could do inbetween things.
      By the way, are there any other times of the day when you could increase your productivity but tend to slack? If so, please let me know about them and I'll be happy to help you out.
      I tend to lay in bed for way to long :D
      One of the causes could be i stopped or cut down heavily on sporting activities. So my Cardiac system is alot worse nowadays. And 'starting' the day has to do with this?

But all in all i'm not a morning-person in general.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hey, np!

That could very well be the cause. Or it's cold outside and warm in your bed? Comfortable in your bed? Many possible reasons.

But in any case, there is a trainable solution!

You can try doing the exercises from this article to try and train your waking-up skills ;) !

-Primož
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Varune, also time when you go to sleep is important factor - highest quality sleep is between 22:00-02:00.
      Primož, could you check my thread please :)
    • x3mwisp
      x3mwisp
      Platinum
      Hey, if you get time to check on my thoughts I'd appreciate. Thx.
      Zoom addicted
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      done :) .