This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 SB - Overpair + weak flush draw on monochrome board vs. pre-flop aggressor

• Raknyo
      Raknyo
      Bronze
      All of these players are unknown.

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with 9 :diamond: 9 :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42) 7 :spade: 4 :spade: 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.62) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, CO raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($3.62) 3 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

PF: The CO raises to 4BB, it's more likely he has a stronger range here, top pairs and high cards. I call hoping to hit the set and stack him.

F: I don't want to bet and get raised by his possible overcards and flush draws so I opt to check/raise and assume that he will go all-in with hands which beat me so I can comfortably fold.

T: He calls and I opt to get thin value vs. the overcards and flush draws also blocking him from making a larger bet.

He min-raises, I'm unsure what to make of this so I just opt to call.

R: I decide I'll call a small bet if he bets the river but we get to see showdown for free.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Raknyo,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Well, you underbet the turn. Why exactly do you bet less than 1/3 pot there?

Why not bet a more normal bet that doesn't leave room for guessing if he were to raise?