[NL2-NL10] NL20 AKo passive

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      As prescribed, I should have reraised this. However according to Silver Article how to play against a SSS player, I decided to just coldcall and play aggressive post-flop whenever I hit a King or Ace.

Stats on SSS player were as usual around 8/7

If I pushed here I have around 48.6% equity with no dead money thus making it unprofitable for me.

My question is if this is a good play to consider if you are postflop OOP? I mean its less variance because you can just fold your hand whenever you dont hit it.
      So basically you hit an Ace or King 1 out of three times, and thus you are going to pot commit him by reraising his c-bet.
      Thus 2 out of three times you make a loss of 4BB so 8BB total. And 1 out of three times you win 20BB in the very very long term (>2000 situations)

Could someone correct this for me if I am wrong? Should you recommend this play when Im about to move up to Advanced SSS?

Known players:
      SB:
      $27.47
      Hero:
      $3.80
      UTG+1:
      $5.25
      UTG+2:
      $3.80
      MP1:
      $10.91
      MP2:
      $20.42
      MP3:
      $3.80
      CO:
      $20.00
      BU:
      $37.13

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , K:club:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.80, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.70) K:heart: , 3:heart: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.20, Hero raises to $3.00 (All-In), MP3 raises to $3.00 (All-In).

Turn: ($7.70) 6:club:
      River: ($7.70) A:heart:

Final Pot: $7.70
  • 1 reply
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi Gerv,

when you give mp3 a range of 99+,AQ+ you only have 48% equity so fold pre flop. You cant call pre flop no way you don't hit the flop often enough, also villain blocks your outs and you can easily be dominated by KK,AA. When he holds JJ in this spot he will play bet fold on this board and you wouldn't even win his hole stack. He can always adept perfectly with his Hands against your check raise, the only hands that pays you off are the hands that you have pre flop dominated like AQ,KQ and even against them you only have 5 outs otherwise you fold the best hand. You will fold very often against AK,AQ,KQ, when you are ahead or splitting.