[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Qq

• trzewia
      trzewia
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $2.82 (141 bb)
      MP3: $0.83 (41.5 bb)
      CO: $2.13 (106.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.95 (97.5 bb)
      SB: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2 (100 bb)
      UTG+2: $5 (250 bb)
      MP1: $2.14 (107 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      UTG+2 raises to $0.06, MP1 raises to $0.16, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.14, UTG+2 calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.49) 8 9 8 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, UTG+2 folds

Turn: ($0.89) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks

River: ($0.89) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks

Preflop was a bit tricky, but I think I played it well. MP1 (second raiser) was rather loose with 35/19 VPIP/PFR. If I 4bet it would be possible I got shoved by either original raiser (UTG+2, who was tight) or MP1 and I would be lost there. Given UTG+2 small raise and a loose tendencies of MP1 maybe shoving myself would be good?

Postflop I check OOP, pretty standard I guess. Called, because the bet was small and not many hands from his preflop range would have me beat, he could have TT,JJ,AK, I think with a made hand he would bet more. UTG+2 I was more worried about, as his preflop range could hit the flop nicely. Fortunately he folds.

Now on turn I hit the nuts. Seeing as villain contibet earlier I decided to check and induce bluff or maybe let him catch up on river.

On river I know he probably has nothing, so I check to again induce a bluff. Pretty sure he would fold If I made a standard bet. Should I have maybe bet like 0,10 on river for thin value?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I think 4betting is overplay so I don't mind the coldcall

Flop: I think the check/call is standard

Turn: Would c/c again if he bets

River: What do you think villain has now after checking back on the Turn? JJ? AK? I think AK folds anyway, JJ probably calls the River. Check/raising only makes more sense if we felt that villain would check AA or KK on the Turn and then bet the River (and then we can c/push the River). Check/raise also makes more sense if your opponent is capable of making bet check bet bluffs. most solid players don't really take such bluff lines, but in general fishy players love bluffing the river after you show weakness on both turn and river.