This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl50- semibluff flush draw

• gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
      5 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      Hero: $67.63
      CO: $50.45
      Button: $59.85
      SB: $9.23
      BB: $55.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with Q:spade: K:spade:
      [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $2[/color], CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 3:club: 7:spade: 4:spade: ($4.75, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $3.75[/color], [color:#cc0000]CO raises to $7.5[/color], Hero calls.

After his min raise I hesitated between flat calling and reraising, because his raise looked weak. I decided a flat call was better because if I reraise and he pushes I'm not in a spot I want to be.

Turn: 2:heart: ($19.75, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]CO bets $8[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $40[/color], [color:#cc0000]CO raises all-in $40.95[/color], Hero calls.

Because his raise looked weak I decided to try a really strong line. I though if his raise was weak on the flop, then he'd make a good sized bet on the turn and I could take it down with a reraise. (I raised way too much though...it seems obvious that I want him out of the hand. I think something around 30 would be better, although in this case he would have pushed anyways and I'd be forced to call with my draw)

When I look at this now it seems a bit too aggressive, and I should wait for better spots than this. What do you guys think? What would other better lines be?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You raised UTG, so unless you face aggressive player, he´ll have here set or straight most of the times.
      I like to call flop and c/c turn and c/f ui on the river.
      c/rai is not the best, since he doesn´t have here draw too often if he bets again on the turn. He´ll rather take free turn card and you´re getting your money all-in most of the times way behind.