5 players

Stack sizes:
      Hero: $67.63
      CO: $50.45
      Button: $59.85
      SB: $9.23
      BB: $55.95

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with Q:spade: K:spade:
      [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $2[/color], CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: 3:club: 7:spade: 4:spade: ($4.75, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets $3.75[/color], [color:#cc0000]CO raises to $7.5[/color], Hero calls.

After his min raise I hesitated between flat calling and reraising, because his raise looked weak. I decided a flat call was better because if I reraise and he pushes I'm not in a spot I want to be.

Turn: 2:heart: ($19.75, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]CO bets $8[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero raises to $40[/color], [color:#cc0000]CO raises all-in $40.95[/color], Hero calls.

Because his raise looked weak I decided to try a really strong line. I though if his raise was weak on the flop, then he'd make a good sized bet on the turn and I could take it down with a reraise. (I raised way too much though...it seems obvious that I want him out of the hand. I think something around 30 would be better, although in this case he would have pushed anyways and I'd be forced to call with my draw)

When I look at this now it seems a bit too aggressive, and I should wait for better spots than this. What do you guys think? What would other better lines be?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      You raised UTG, so unless you face aggressive player, he´ll have here set or straight most of the times.
      I like to call flop and c/c turn and c/f ui on the river.
      c/rai is not the best, since he doesn´t have here draw too often if he bets again on the turn. He´ll rather take free turn card and you´re getting your money all-in most of the times way behind.