$5,11
      MP3:
      $26,81
      CO:
      $22,20
      BU:
      $8,65

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K:diamond: , K:club:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 raises to $0,75, Hero raises to $2,50, 7 folds, UTG+1 calls $1,75.

Flop: ($5,35) 6:club: , 6:diamond: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3,00, UTG+1 raises to $6,00, Hero calls $3,00.

Turn: ($17,35) 4:heart: (2 players)
      UTG+1 raises $16,02 (All-In), Hero raises to $15,65 (All-In).

River: ($49,02) Q:club:

Final Pot: $49,02

Hero got a flop on which he would have gone broken. Since hero's call of villains miniraise on the flop made villain to go all-in on the turn, it this case it was good to make such call. However, would not be better in general to reraise the villain on the flop?
  • 6 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I like to just call the flop.

Against a 6 or a Q, the money is going in anyway, but if he's trying to bluff you out with air or something like 77-JJ, then it's better to let him to the betting for you.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      Nobody sane would re-raise the flop in a raised pot and then push the turn with air. Well.. at least they wouldn't be around as their monies would run out fast.

Overpairs are tricky when deep. I'm not calling this turn bet, because I can't see a hand making it that KK can beat. I might call it with AA.

If you like that line, re-raising the flop is better than calling a turn all-in. In this situation I doubt it would help, as the villain has some goods already.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kukac26
      Nobody sane would re-raise the flop in a raised pot and then push the turn with air. Well.. at least they wouldn't be around as their monies would run out fast.

Overpairs are tricky when deep. I'm not calling this turn bet, because I can't see a hand making it that KK can beat. I might call it with AA.

If you like that line, re-raising the flop is better than calling a turn all-in. In this situation I doubt it would help, as the villain has some goods already.
      Well, there are a lot of insane players out there. :D

Hero isn't really deep here, and as Michailewic stated, this is a flop to go broke, there really isn't a lot that beats hero, just a 6, QQ and AA. I have seen this kind of thing happen a lof of times with just a Q and smaller pairs (sometimes with just air too, but that's rare).

By pushing the flop, hero waste value, a Q will probably call, but smaller pairs will fold (most of the time). Also, it is way too weak for hero to fold on the flop, particularly on this kind of board. So the better line IMO is to call the flop and let villain do the betting.
    • kukac26
      kukac26
      Bronze
      100 BB is sort of deep for me.

Agree on the insane players part. Just got off two KK getting their heads cracked by 87 off and A4s.

Wouldn't agree that villain would push with JJ-77.
      6x is highly unlikely.
      Of Qx hands only AQ seems likely. Villain did raise UTG+1.
      QQ and AA are also an option, you've got to give the villain some credit calling 7 BB OOP.

Maybe it's just me, but whenever I get raised when holding overpair/TPTK on the flop I get this bad feeling about the life, universe and everything (in last 4k hands 80% of loss at SD came from one pair hands).
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      The only hand which could beat hero were AA, QQ and 66 (eventually 44).

66 and 44 are unlikely. UTG+1 would not raise with them. Futher, raise by 44 on the flop in not likely, either. AA would probably have 4-bet preflop.

The only hand hero had to worry about was QQ. Since hero only called villain's minraise, it was possible that villain shoved with 99, TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AK or AQ (as mentioned aboved AA, 66 and 44 were unlikely). And it is possible that villain would have slowplayed his QQ.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You can´t fold, since there are only three hands that beat you: QQ, AA,66
      I would played it the same way.

Edit:
      Hero is playing 3-bet pot against 35/18 player.
      Since it is fullring I doubt that UTG would bet/call 6x with oop.
      If villain holds here QQ/AA, then we´re getting stacked always, but luckily villain could also be bluffing or raising with worse hands, that´s why bet/call on the flop is imo the best line and then let villain to shove on the turn.