[NL2-NL10] Kk

• gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      I no i didnt bet correctly pre flop but i did this because it was a tight table and all previous hands i bet 4BB everybody folded so i decided to min-raise to get some people to enter the hand, was this the right thing to do? Looking at the hand again i think i should have re-raised the flop if not push all in, but i should have deff pushed all in on the turn, would this be a better play than how i handled it?

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K :spade: , K :club:
      Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.20, CO folds, BU calls $0.20, SB folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.85) J :spade: , K :heart: , 7 :diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU bets $0.40, BB folds, Hero calls $0.40, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($1.65) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($3.65) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40 (All-In), BU calls $1.40.

Final Pot: $6.45

BU held K :diamond: 6 :diamond:

i didnt put him on the flush draw at all, i suspected either top pair or maybe 2 pair, he had top pair but didn't expect the flush at all, how should i have played this hand?
  • 3 replies
    • AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      Hi,

As you said, you should raise more PF because you don't want to let many players in the pot. On the flop I would make c-bet or check-raise and pushed the turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Make normal 0,4$ raise. You don´t want to give players good odds even with KK.
      Bet flop. You want to protect and get value with worse hands (someone could hold QT and by checkign you give them free card that could cost your stack). When BU bet then shove. Don´t c/c. You´re shortstack and get called by any draw or pair.
      Turn. I´d bet 1$ to shove any river. Bu could check back with worse hands and take free card. Against bet, I´d shove. If Bu is drawing then he won´t call your river shove with Q high, but he has to call your turn shove with draw.
    • gaz639
      gaz639
      Bronze
      thanks ill bear that in mind for future hands like this