[NL2-NL10] NL10SH - AQs in MP 3bet, fold or call?

• 4A888
      4A888
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG ($9.90) 48/17 42 hands
      Hero (MP) ($10.00)
      CO ($14.35) 16/13 88 hands
      Button ($20.10)
      SB ($9.85) 24/10/2.2/36 364 hands
      BB ($2.35)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q:heart: A:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

I'm not really sure how to play this. I think AQs may be to weak to 3bet here, but seemed to strong to fold it. So i called, though i hate calling in MP...

Is 3betting or folding better? What do you do?

Flop: ($1.30) 7:heart: 7:diamond: 6:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds

UTG makes a rather small cbet. Do you raise here with the Nut FD and two Overcards? Or is calling ok?

Turn: ($2.30) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Just call again? Or raise now?

River: ($3.30) 9:club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $8.60 (All-In), Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: $3.30 | Rake: $0.15

I was kinda lost in this hand.
  • 4 replies
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      IMHO (not feeling so good to teach):

1) Fold preflop.
      2) As played - Raise flop - plus You can get a free river card to chase your flush.
      3) Call turn - implied odds working here? Would be easier to decide if you'd raised the flop IMHO.
      4. Fold river ;)
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      calling preflop its ok
      you can raise on the flop but you have to take into consideration that you have another player to act behind you and the board is paired + he is cbeting into 3 people so he most have something . i prefer calling and reevaluating turn . when he bets weak on the turn you can actualy raise or call again . his hand looks like ak or some weak pp and you have lots of fold equity when raising the turn .
      on the river i give up if i dont hit .
      gl
    • ThiRdEyE7
      ThiRdEyE7
      Bronze
      I think the flat call pre flop is fine
      I would raise to $2 ish after his c-bet on the flop
      This has many advantages - He might fold right there, if not you will usually thin the field + get more info on opponents hand + usually he will just call then check turn.

If you think he is weak at this stage based on previous hand history, reaction time, etc. fire about $3-$3.50 this should finish it here if not you have outs.

Otherwise take the conservative/pot control line and check behind on the turn for a free look at a possible flush card or A or Q.

‘If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - infinite.” William Blake
    • AndreMG
      AndreMG
      Bronze
      I would 3bet preflop.

I think UTG has some loose stats and we are ahead of his range. Plus, when we 3bet we can take the pot right away or take the initiative of the hand and somehow it helps defining the range of utg ( i.e if he 4bets we can fold now and avoid tricky situations that we could face if we just flat call.)

Please correct me here if I am totally wrong.