1$ -> new BR at Stars/Party... oh and my blog

• Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Ok, so I have never written a blog or been too caught up with my space or face book, probably cause I don't want some yahoo knowing everything about me.

But I guess it about time I started one here cause I feel starting a blog has it's benfits.

My name is Colin, I'm 31 (grampa styles huh), I'm young at heart. :D Just as George Carlin said "If you take life to seriously you'll never get out of it alive" .

I am currently studying Environmental Science at the University of Lethbridge.

In regards to poker, I started playing in my second year of college playing in a weekly 5$ game with some buddies. I always did quite well "it got to the point where they stoped calling me to play cause I won like 7 weeks in a row" hehe. :D

I started playing online poker last November, man did I lose. I was down about 300$ or so when I came to poker strategy. I ended up not doing to bad after reading the articles and watching the video's my game started to improve. I then knew it was ok to fold AQ in certain situations etc....

I decided to first link up to Mansion where I had some luck initally using the SSS strategy. But after horribly long down swing I managed to loose all of the initial 150$ from poker strategy and more of my own $$. If I remember right a drunkin St. Paddys day evening after the bar really killed my BR. :D

After getting tired of the software issues I had at Mansion I decided to play once again at Poker Stars.

At Stars I was able to keep a steady BR for a while after wining a few 215$ sunday mill tickets and a few 30$,90$,360$, 5000fpp wsop quali tickets which I always would cash out and use in smaller 1-20$ tourneys.

My poker season end last June with the 1.5k$ I received by reaching 4th place in the WSOP steps.

My school year ended and I decided to cash out all of my accounts and go on a wicked 1.5 month trip to the BC interior and coast. I camped aproximatly 40 days all over the map and had a blast visiting friends and going to music festivals. So it worked out and now I'm back to 0$. Except the 1.06$ in my Stars account oc. :tongue:

I don't look at poker at this time as job or even as a huge money maker but I see the possibillities. I mainly play poker for fun this I think is why I have yet to post a hand or visit a coaching session or post stats.

This is where my blog will help me. I feel that by writing a blog I will have to play more professionally or I'll feel like a donk. So pritty much it will keep me in check "some what" :D

So this year will be a new expansion of my poker career. I plan on still griding out satellites and entering into a few 10 - 20$ tourneys. This probably won't keep me in check with BRM but when it comes to cash games I'm going to stick to the book!

I figure I'll try to grind the 360 person sit n gos at Stars with my last 1$.

Wish me luck! I'll keep you all updated after each tourney.

Still under construction nm the errors
  • 38 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Looks like I'm not the only one trying it. :D
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      :) I'm going to start when I get back from class this afternoon.

I have 1.06$ in my account
    • Velak
      Velak
      Bronze
      Good luck to both of you!
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi CardBender420,

Goodluck to you. If this is the start of a blog, I can move it to the blog section if you like?

GL
      Stiev
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Yah ok you can move it I guess I'll just redo the intro. I should start a blog anyway it will keep me in check and force me to actually post hands and stats. :D
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      First tourney I was moved so I couldnt get the hands but

I was put all in first hand by a guy holding 10 K. I had 10 10.

I lost...

Next hand I hit FH holding JJ up to 200$

Next hand I had JQ OESD off the flop so I push and got 5 callers. I didnt hit.

down to 0.96$

Second tourney around 150th

Third tourney 66th

down to 0.76$

4-5th no cash

4th tourney I lost all in KKK to AAA

5th tourney I lost allin floped OESFD with high pair. he hit high strait I had low

Entered one last 0.10 for the day, there are beers to be drank and guitars to be played.

BR- 0.46$

Not much luck today i was "semi tilt", bubble boy in last tourney. I played bad in the end considering i was in 200th position with 900 people still in the tourney. $ Paid at 750th.... I know better..... i finished around 800th

no luck lasted untill 100th spot in 360 sit n go.

I push as low stack 960 chippies with A10. JK calls K10 calls. K hits turn.... pair of kings win... :(

last tourney comming up.

BR- 0.16$
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      OK well that wasnt very successful

First hand I was put all in pre-flop

My Stars Name is Mcezfx$$$, I had AA, to my right was 7J? then KK.

flop KKQ J 4

Quad Kings win!

BR - 0.06$

Looks like I'll be depositing next week. :rolleyes:
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I'm winning, up to $0.35, hehe.
      Wanna make a challenge between us 2?
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      sure but I'm now busto. I'll try grinding the freerolls. I'll see how I do.
    • superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      I can help you, But its not legal to post any other pokersite`s and codes right ?
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      No but you can give hints like you can try "Moker Stars". Just to let you know I signed up to most of the free $$ sites. I am registered in the 2.5k free roll at party poker.

"my 600th post" woohooo
    • superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      You got PM in 5min.

Hmm cant do that ill see.. :P
      add me : drzapperrr@live.nl
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Ok so not bad the first freeroll I tried I placed 83rd out of 1931 entries netting me a total of 10$ and a 10k ticket.

So I'm at 10.73$ in my Party Poker account I'll see how I do with that now. :D
    • superjunk
      superjunk
      Bronze
      Good job :) Good players will always get another roll ;)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      :D

Ok so now that I have some coin and my SSS game got put on hold after a string of bad luck, I feel it's time to re-read the SSS articles and invest 5$ of my BR towards SSS.

5$ for tourneys - 5$

5$ for SSS - now 7.23$

total - 12.23
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      so not bad from 0$ to 75$ in two days...

BR- 75.08$ @ PP

from 5$.... SSS - 9.33$

from 5$.... MTT - 65.75$

I also have a 10$ step 2 ticket, I'll try grinding the steps out again :D

my next goal is to figure out what the #"s elephant shows mean and to post a hand.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Ok so the coffee is on and no classes today so...

BR- after lastnight is @ 88.08$

IT'S POKER TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Ok so my day didnt go so hot.

I was down to 68.08$ so i took a break. "Tourneys not SSS"

I let a friend play for a bit on the cash tables tonight while I steped out. I figured he would be +/- 20$ so I said he could go ahead.

When I came back he was still at it so I watched him untill he went broke and man was it funny. He totaly got beat up. He was doing the raise, limp, fold..."over and over again" :rolleyes: .... I tried to help but he was already on tilt, I came too late... He had to give me 60$ back :) hehehe

BR - 68.08$

I'll stick to SSS from now on when I play cash games at my party poker account so I can get some real stats to work from.

Nothing much going on.

I have decided to play poker mainly on Sundays and mondays.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I havnt played SSS latley on PP.

I have officialy decided that my initial challenge is messed up now that I have deposited and spent $$ on tourneys and such with no luck "normal variance".

I think I have around 60$ so I'll try my best to play SSS with 30$ of it. The only thing I find with SSS is I get really bored... :O

I would like to see my stats after 5k,10k,20k etc... hands so I'll keep plugging away...

Oh and I'll have to get a hand posted soon :D