[NL2-NL10] NL10SH - AKs - gets a 3bet Coldcaller

• 4A888
      4A888
      Bronze
      saw flop | saw showdown

BB ($10) 16/10 51 hands
      MP ($9.55)
      CO ($10.40) 22/16/10.0/22 126 hands Steal: 48 CO Steal:36%(11)
      Hero (Button) ($22.65)
      SB ($18.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K:diamond: , A:diamond:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, 1 fold, BB calls $1.10, 1 fold

Ok to 3bet here should be mandatory. But the BB coldcalls the 3bet and seems not to be to splashy. What could his range be? JJ, QQ and AK i think. Mabe TT. I think he would 4bet KK, AA. What do you think his range could be here?

Flop: ($2.85) 9:heart: , 4:diamond: , 5:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.80, BB calls $1.80

Given the range i give him i should have checked behind this flop and then c/f the hand unless i hit something. What do you think?

Turn: ($6.45) 10:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.45) 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $7 (All-In), Hero folds

I'm not sure what he would shove here. The only hands i can think of are TT and A K. But the latter seems not very likely. Since i have A high i folded of course.

Total pot: $6.45 | Rake: $0.30
  • 2 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      wow tough hand

The cold call preflop is really weird because MP could reraise him or something. This makes me lean toward him having KK(calls to see if an A drops on flop maybe?) or AKh(calls to see the flop) or maybe AA (trying to slowplay?).
      I dont see JJ or QQ calling here since any A or K on the flop beats them. (correct me if im wrong =S)

After the flop it looks like hes either:
      a. slowplaying a monster(AA,KK?) or on the draw(AKh?), and bets out on river because you stopped betting on the turn. or...
      b. bluffing since you didnt bet on the turn when a drawy card came (showing weakness?). He probably figured you have to bet on the turn with an overpair, and the 3-flush/44 on the river would scare you into folding.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      3 beting preflop is good
      on this flop i am not cbeting . his range looks like some big poket pair ( i include aa/kk ),maybe some AK.I dont think he is folding to your cbet (except Ak witch is a small part of his range).
      as played i inst fold river :)
      gl