Quiz of the week: NL - suited connectors

• TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Quiz about suited connectors

In the quiz of the week you can test your knowledge about playing suited connectors on the flop. Suited connectors are speculative hands. They have a great playability in multiway pots, especially if you play them in position. Nevertheless playing them wrong can cost your money and therefore a part of your winrate.

What is your result in the quiz?
  • 17 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      16 points. Cool quiz, should be more such things on the weekly quiz :)

Just had an idea: maybe u could do a monthly super quiz with like 50 or more hands and situations and maybe even hand out small prizes to the top 3 :) I'm sure u'd get a lot of response :)

EDIT: thought about it some more and the way around abuse and ppl cheating would be doing it the same way u do the free money test. Time-limit it (say 1min per hand or so, so 50hands = 50minutes) and give everyone only 1 try. The point would be to test your knowledge, possibly learn something new and read the analysis at the end of the quiz :) Anyone like the idea? :)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      1st hand. You don't get the odds to call(obviously) and I really can't see any implied odds either. Firstly what it says in the evaluation:

"However this spot is an easy call because we put villain on two pair, over pair or a set and think that we would be ahead if we hit on the turn and have great implied odds."

Where do you see an over pair? The only over pairs that wouldn't raise preflop are 99 and maybe TT, but since we are holding 9T they aren't that likely. Set is good I agree, but if somebody has it he is not only ahead, but also has great odds to hit a FH. Two pair, the only one I see is 78s but there are only 3 combinations of those left sooo not very likely. But on the other hand somebody could easily limped in Axs and hit TPTK or MPTK on the flop which he folds later unimproved when somebody shows aggression. Maybe even a Kxs or Qxs.

So I don't really see that much implied odds.

But than again I'm a FL player and it's very likely that I'm wrong :P
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      You should've posted a link, makes our life much easier :)
      Quiz about suited connectors

I got 14 points and disagree with some of the hands :)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I agree with dippy. I also got 17/19, due to that hand.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Pff, UTG+1 limp? It's obviously 22, 33, 44... TT (most of people don't raise TT UTG imo) so villain has either set or smallish overpair. I think we have great implied odds over those hands.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Do u think that ppl here play SC's too defensive, or is it just a coincidince that i get 19/19 for choosing the most agressive option in every example except the first one?
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Nice quiz =)

I got 16 out of 19 :\

I would have called in hand 4 .... Maybe not the best play when I reconsider it.
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      I got 17/19.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      I have 17 out of 19.

I like to call in hand 3.
      The last hand is close as well imo.
    • Marky84
      Marky84
      Bronze
      wow 19/19 Oo didn't expect that.. just did it by gut feeling
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      Do u think that ppl here play SC's too defensive, or is it just a coincidince that i get 19/19 for choosing the most agressive option in every example except the first one?
      Well, playing TAG style is proven to be profitable in cash games.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      I got 14 points and disagree with some of the hands smile

LOL

I had 16 points, but i disagree as well. At least sebra is a fish as well according to the quiz, makes me feel a bit better :D .
    • phullhand
      phullhand
      Bronze
      Hi,

I got 9/12! Yes was a good result despite the fact that should be 19 questions right?! lol!!!
      I dont know what happened.. I try on 3 different browsers (IE, Firefox and Google Chrome) but got the same quantity of questions. And for the late ones I got the question "Was machst du? ", that I supposed to mean "What a hell you will do know, donk?" hehehe :P
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phullhand
      Hi,

I got 9/12! Yes was a good result despite the fact that should be 19 questions right?! lol!!!
      I dont know what happened.. I try on 3 different browsers (IE, Firefox and Google Chrome) but got the same quantity of questions. And for the late ones I got the question "Was machst du? ", that I supposed to mean "What a hell you will do know, donk?" hehehe :P
      I think somebody read my awesome evaluation above and deleted a question from embarrassment :D :D :D
    • NiekamNeidomu
      NiekamNeidomu
      Bronze
      i think it's limit depended xD the higher limit the more aggressively you should play sc
      couse in lower limits you get payed off often anyways T_T
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      17/19 I folded the 1st hand since we dont have stats on him.
    • Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      I raised the first hand, because people have nothing in limped pots, got 0 points for that :(