Am i Reading this question right

• Welshdai
      Welshdai
      Bronze
      Sorry if this is a dull question but am i reading this right?

Question 4:

You have top-pair kings. There are also two queens on the board. Can you count the pair of queens towards your pair of kings, thus can you assume you hold two pairs? a) No

So this is how i see it if i held K Q and the flop came out with a K Q 4 Then i would hold two pairs, but if i held KK and Q Q 4 came on the flop i would have over pairs is this right?

So i would have 2 pairs KK QQ to use in my hand?

Again sorry if this is a dull question, and thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my post.
  • 1 reply
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey Welshdai,

This question is a bit confusing and ill formulated. Its aimed at making the player think about the difference of holding two pair and having two pairs.

If you two pair via having paired each of your hole cards with a community card (e.g. KQ on a KQ4 board) you have a stronger hand when facing action than you do with KK on a QQ4 board. There you also have two pairs (King and Queens) but especially in a multiway pot - the chances that someone is holding a queen and has you crushed makes your hand less strong.

I'll see about reformulating the question.

Best regards,
      SoyCD