This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH - Nut flush draw vs. maniac

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      Villain's VPIP at this time was 75, with AF of 3 over 80 hands. I've seen him shove with almost anything (once preflop OOP with 24s, and once with 85o on an A-K-T rainbow flop, for example). Luckily for me, he's been cocky and showing almost every hand when he manages to bluff everyone out of a pot.

$0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      6 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($5.53)
      UTG+1 ($2.70)
      CO ($6.36)
      BTN ($0.94)
      Hero ($9.26)
      BB ($5.37)

Pre-flop: ($0.06, 6 players) Hero is SB 7:club: A:club:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.04, BTN calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, 1 fold, CO calls $0.12, BTN calls $0.12

Flop: T:club: 6:heart: 8:club: ($0.54, 3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $0.78, Hero=????

He could have anything based on his previous play. I've got him well covered. Do I shove and put him to the test, even though pot odds are screaming, "Oh Hell, no!"
  • 6 replies
    • AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      I think you should wait for better spot. He could easily have at least lower pair.
      Btw why you didn't make cont. bet?
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Nutflushdraw+gutshot + 1 overcard. You don't get much better flops then that when u raise with A7s.

=> reraise flop
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Diedobal
      Nutflushdraw+gutshot + 1 overcard. You don't get much better flops then that when u raise with A7s.

=> reraise flop
      x2
    • Urbanen
      Urbanen
      Bronze
      If you raise, and he re-raises to allin (0.94) what would you then do?. I would have also raised the flop but with someone like that i could see them coming over the top, and id like to see what the ideal action would be. Id call.
    • Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AndriusLT
      Btw why you didn't make cont. bet?
      The villain has shoved against my continuation bets before. Also, I tend not to continuation bet into multiway pots with a draw very often (maybe about 1/4 of the time, depending on the situation). That may be a hole I have to plug.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i wouldnt raise axs in the sb with limpers in if i dont have enough fold equity
      cbet that flop and try to get the money in on the flop . you have a flush draw + gutshot + an overcard that will be good a lot of times against a maniac so is very good the get the money in on the flop
      as played you can check / raise to 3 $ and call a shove
      check/shoving will get called just by decent hands even if he is a maniac
      gl