[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH - Nut flush draw vs. maniac

• Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      Villain's VPIP at this time was 75, with AF of 3 over 80 hands. I've seen him shove with almost anything (once preflop OOP with 24s, and once with 85o on an A-K-T rainbow flop, for example). Luckily for me, he's been cocky and showing almost every hand when he manages to bluff everyone out of a pot.

$0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      6 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($5.53)
      UTG+1 ($2.70)
      CO ($6.36)
      BTN ($0.94)
      Hero ($9.26)
      BB ($5.37)

Pre-flop: ($0.06, 6 players) Hero is SB 7:club: A:club:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.04, BTN calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, 1 fold, CO calls $0.12, BTN calls $0.12

Flop: T:club: 6:heart: 8:club: ($0.54, 3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $0.78, Hero=????

He could have anything based on his previous play. I've got him well covered. Do I shove and put him to the test, even though pot odds are screaming, "Oh Hell, no!"
  • 6 replies
    • AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Silver
      I think you should wait for better spot. He could easily have at least lower pair.
      Btw why you didn't make cont. bet?
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Nutflushdraw+gutshot + 1 overcard. You don't get much better flops then that when u raise with A7s.

=> reraise flop
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Diedobal
      Nutflushdraw+gutshot + 1 overcard. You don't get much better flops then that when u raise with A7s.

=> reraise flop
      x2
    • Urbanen
      Urbanen
      Bronze
      If you raise, and he re-raises to allin (0.94) what would you then do?. I would have also raised the flop but with someone like that i could see them coming over the top, and id like to see what the ideal action would be. Id call.
    • Gamer135
      Gamer135
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AndriusLT
      Btw why you didn't make cont. bet?
      The villain has shoved against my continuation bets before. Also, I tend not to continuation bet into multiway pots with a draw very often (maybe about 1/4 of the time, depending on the situation). That may be a hole I have to plug.
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i wouldnt raise axs in the sb with limpers in if i dont have enough fold equity
      cbet that flop and try to get the money in on the flop . you have a flush draw + gutshot + an overcard that will be good a lot of times against a maniac so is very good the get the money in on the flop
      as played you can check / raise to 3 $ and call a shove
      check/shoving will get called just by decent hands even if he is a maniac
      gl