This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] suited connectors

• rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Bronze
      NL50 6 seater

Known players:
      SB:
      $63.65
      BB:
      $49.25
      MP2:
      $55.50
      MP3:
      $57.29
      Hero:
      $58.95
      BU:
      $30.48

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6:diamond: , 5:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BU folds, SB raises to $5.00, BB folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($10.50) 7:diamond: , 2:diamond: , 4:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $7.00, Hero calls $7.00.

Turn: ($24.50) K:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $15.00, Hero raises to $46.95 (All-In), SB calls $31.95.

River: ($118.40) 8:diamond:

Final Pot: $118.40

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, eight high (6d 5d)
      SB shows three of a kind, kings (Kh Kd)

Hero wins with a flush, eight high (6d 5d)

I guess you could question my call to th SB re-raise but I did it on the basis that the whole table was pretty tight and I figured the guy for a big pair knowing that if I hit I am going to take the lot.
      As it turned out on the flop I had and open ender and the flush draw and from that point there was no doubt in my mind that all the money was going in.
  • 5 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey rhinoneil,

I don't like the preflop call. You just invest too much money with a hand that has to hit really big. As played a raise on the flop is mandatory due to the great equity you have there. Calling flop and raising turn is not a good move.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Bronze
      Hi Tribun
      I agree with your analysis here, raise on the flop was correct move.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I don't get your turn all-in... its like a gambler move in my opinion and your odds for hitting the flush on the river aren't good.
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Bronze
      Dragar, it is a pretty marginal move, you're right but I will tell you my thinking behind it.
      I put this guy on a big pair. If he has AA or KK I have 17 outs with the flush and open ended straight draw.
      If he has JJ or QQ my all in raise when the K shows up really ought to be enough to get him to lay it down.
      As I said, I prefer to play these type of hands aggressively and if I am calling a reraise with suited connectors, I am not going to give it up once I hit the flop so big. I couldnt have hoped for a much better flop so I think if you choose to play these type of hands at all, you have to be prepared to put your money where your mouth is and gamble.
      I totally understand the comments and the argument here I think is not the all in. Either I fold pre-flop or I carry it through. I agree that I should have raised on the flop, not on the turn.
      Incidentally, had I simply called the turn, what do you think the chances are of me getting any more money out of this guy once the river comes?
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I raise flop too for value, somthing like $23. if he has AK he folds, if he has a high PP we got a better equity and he might fold turn.

if you call flop and a diamond comes you might not get his whole stack.