$55.50
      MP3:
      $57.29
      Hero:
      $58.95
      BU:
      $30.48

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6:diamond: , 5:diamond:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BU folds, SB raises to $5.00, BB folds, Hero calls $3.50.

Flop: ($10.50) 7:diamond: , 2:diamond: , 4:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $7.00, Hero calls $7.00.

Turn: ($24.50) K:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $15.00, Hero raises to $46.95 (All-In), SB calls $31.95.

River: ($118.40) 8:diamond:

Final Pot: $118.40

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a flush, eight high (6d 5d)
      SB shows three of a kind, kings (Kh Kd)

Hero wins with a flush, eight high (6d 5d)

I guess you could question my call to th SB re-raise but I did it on the basis that the whole table was pretty tight and I figured the guy for a big pair knowing that if I hit I am going to take the lot.
      As it turned out on the flop I had and open ender and the flush draw and from that point there was no doubt in my mind that all the money was going in.
  • 5 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey rhinoneil,

I don't like the preflop call. You just invest too much money with a hand that has to hit really big. As played a raise on the flop is mandatory due to the great equity you have there. Calling flop and raising turn is not a good move.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Hi Tribun
      I agree with your analysis here, raise on the flop was correct move.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      I don't get your turn all-in... its like a gambler move in my opinion and your odds for hitting the flush on the river aren't good.
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Silver
      Dragar, it is a pretty marginal move, you're right but I will tell you my thinking behind it.
      I put this guy on a big pair. If he has AA or KK I have 17 outs with the flush and open ended straight draw.
      If he has JJ or QQ my all in raise when the K shows up really ought to be enough to get him to lay it down.
      As I said, I prefer to play these type of hands aggressively and if I am calling a reraise with suited connectors, I am not going to give it up once I hit the flop so big. I couldnt have hoped for a much better flop so I think if you choose to play these type of hands at all, you have to be prepared to put your money where your mouth is and gamble.
      I totally understand the comments and the argument here I think is not the all in. Either I fold pre-flop or I carry it through. I agree that I should have raised on the flop, not on the turn.
      Incidentally, had I simply called the turn, what do you think the chances are of me getting any more money out of this guy once the river comes?
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I raise flop too for value, somthing like $23. if he has AK he folds, if he has a high PP we got a better equity and he might fold turn.

if you call flop and a diamond comes you might not get his whole stack.