International Tournament: Point Structure Vote - Important

• Poll
    • Which of the two Point Systems do you prefer?

The flatter more league oriented system (Option 2)
        92%
        The originally suggested structure (Option 1)
        8%
      Total: 60 Votes
  • 17 replies
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Second one is better. Top10 still get far more points as they should but if you participate you get at least those 10points to fell better :D
    • fostie
      fostie
      Bronze
      option 2 is better, if you finish 21st all weeks youre doing better than someone finishing last every time except for once where he won
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      I took option one though...

We've already done a tournament that way. Meaning those who cashed big points just have to participate in every tourney to keep a good advance... At least with the first one, those who get Deep far get rewarded. anyway only 8person will qualify, so what's the point of giving points to those who did no better than participating?

I think option 1 is more challenging like being part of the 8winners
    • Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      I guess you want the most consistent (best) players to come out on top. I think the final table is a bit of a lottery and the cards rather than superior skill determines the final few places in some cases. With the point structure in the first tournament most of the points is given to the first three places and the rest of the final table isn't rewarded enough.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 1seednoir1
      I took option one though...

We've already done a tournament that way. Meaning those who cashed big points just have to participate in every tourney to keep a good advance... At least with the first one, those who get Deep far get rewarded. anyway only 8person will qualify, so what's the point of giving points to those who did no better than participating?

I think option 1 is more challenging like being part of the 8winners
      Just to clarify this. Whatever option is chosen would be applied to all tournaments past and present. That means the points of the first tournament would also be adjusted to the second option. Since there are still 9 tournaments to be played - and this is a community tournament - it only makes sense though to have a system which is liked by everyone.

I think both options have their merits. The first one is more rewarding to those who succeed in single tournaments (although the second one does so in a more spread out manner) - and the second is better at determining who has been consistently good in all tournaments.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Definitely Option 2! The first option is good for a normal, single tournament where the cash is given out with these percentages, but it's completely unsuitable for a league-based series of tournaments.

In a league, it's about consistency, not about getting lucky once and then laying back and rest on your laurels. If you want the best players to represent the English community, make sure you give a spot to someone who did well over all of the tournaments, not just one.
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      Option #2 has benefits for everyone, even the "Aggressive Donkey" gets points for being the 1st one out. Just like Nascar. Consistency is the strategy here. Those all in or no play heroes will find out how important it is to remain focused on their play and not just let chips land where they may, and just MAYBE, big maybe, some of them will actually read the Tourny articles.
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Whatever option is chosen would be applied to all tournaments past and present. That means the points of the first tournament would also be adjusted to the second option.
      SoyCD
      You convince me... Are you a politician by the way???
      Can i change my vote??? :D :D :D
    • mitsopanis
      mitsopanis
      Bronze
      Option #2 is better i think.
    • plaukas
      plaukas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fostie
      option 2 is better, if you finish 21st all weeks youre doing better than someone finishing last every time except for once where he won
    • richard11
      richard11
      Bronze
      how do you view the league table current positions?
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by richard11
      how do you view the league table current positions?
      I will post the updated scores tomorrow in a news :)
    • lordnex
      lordnex
      Bronze
      #2 absolutely
    • lyly13
      lyly13
      Bronze
      yea i choose option 2 . i think it's much better
    • WOLFBASS
      WOLFBASS
      Bronze
      i vote for option 2 aswell, a league is a marthon not a sprint, so to encourage consistency of performance the second option achieves this well.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Well due to the general majority voting for the second system we have chosen to adopt it instead.

You can find the scores and leaderboards in this thread: International League: Complete Point Lists [First two weeks]

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • xxbchxx
      xxbchxx
      Bronze
      Option 2 looks the best from where i am (little league) at least I may get some points rather than all...... lol