NEW Challenge: Watch how I turn $50 into $10.000 without using advanced strategies

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hi people,

I'm a 24 years old IT bachelor from Croatia who currently doesn't wanna get into the IT business but rather devote himself to poker. So to prove myself that I'm willing to do everything what it takes I WILL TURN A 50$ DEPOSIT INTO A 10K$ BR.I was wondering about this for a while and decided that this is a great opportunity to challenge myself and prove people that don't believe me that I'm able to achieve this.

I have tried advanced methods and all that bullshit that you see in the internet. I got sick of it so I wanted to work with somebody who can get me to my goal. So I teamed up with the best coach out there so that my willingness to improve, motivation and determination will never comes into question while trying to achieve this goal. So let's take a look at the facts:
      -> Starting Capital 50$
      -> Start at NL2
      -> BR Management: in accordance with coach so I will update as we progress
      -> RB will count towards BR

Also I will try to make a VBlog entry once a week to resume the current progress and results. As well you can expect some recorded coachings with my coach from time to time. Now off to grind and let's start this challenge!
  • 320 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good to see you back Sikac!
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sikac
      I have tried advanced methods and all that bullshit that you see in the internet.
      best of luck with your challenge but, what kind of "advanced methods" you are talking about?
    • Miksatin
      Miksatin
      Bronze
      Gl.

Thats not an ez challenge you got there bud :f_biggrin:
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Challenge Day: 1

First of all TY guys for the nice wishes. I really appreciate that :)

Originally posted by booomm
      what kind of "advanced methods" you are talking about?
      Gordon says that balancing and range merging is stupid bullshit and so I won't really give a damn about it and stick to simple straightforward play.

So regarding the day:

HM not PT didn't track the first hundred of hands so obviously my graph isn't really complete but I will post it anyway:

But the cashier because of the non important hands in the begging looks like this:

So I guess the 11BI are not a bad start :D

Anyway today I don't know if I will be able to play since I have a lot of other things to do but will see maybe I find some time. My plan will be to play at least 50h/week so I will try to stick to it.

Anyway off to bed and GL guys for Sunday! ;)
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Challenge Day: 2

OK people,

The day is in the books and I have to say that I'm not in love with yesterday. The reason so was that I didn't stick to default plays/simple strategy. Then I slapped myself 2 times and said come Hans and went ahead and still managed to score a profit(because the people are so bad otherwise I would have deserved to end in the red). But as stated was definitely angry at myself. But yeah, here are the results instead of words:

So I have recorded a video with my coach and everyone is free to take a look:

Well, anyway off to working!
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Challenge Day: 3

Well guys,

another grinding day is behind me. I'm pretty close to move up to NL5. I mean I will move up in accordance to the so often BR management rule of 25BI for the new limit. The only difference will be that I might play Speed Poker but still haven't like really decided. I think I will try to reach tomorrow the 125$ because Thursday is my day off this. Anyway the keep this short I will just post the results now:

I also got a FDB release of 8$ which makes the BR now:

Well, let's take some sleep and try tomorrow to finish this limit and hopefully as well never moved down :P .
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Great progress so far!
    • Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      +1 will keep watching
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Challenge Day: 4

Hey guys,

Yeah, the progress is somewhat satisfying. I mean I'm not happy for example today. I really hoped i will win the 9BI but simply I run into a lot of this fishes top of their ranges. I didn't really felt good postflop and in general I'm not really a person who is good at 12 tabling.I also simply didn't play good. I think I folded to much and also sort of didn't continue with aggression where I was supposed to do so. And they come up with weird plays/lines that I barely can understand or even interpret correctly. But yeah, some might say that I didn't have a losing day so I should be happy but I'm not and I think I should probably spent like max. 4 days on the limit.
      I also can't wait to get to the Speed tables. Anyway as soon as I finish the stakes I will make a short vblog entry and I hope a nice stakes report. I guess let's take a look at the results:

Anyway tomorrow is my day off and so I will enjoy my day and prepare for the weekend grind.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Enjoy the day off!
    • PhilKroell
      PhilKroell
      Platinum
      hi hans, my friend!

I had to laugh when i saw your challenge starting at nl2 ;) must be quite fun to play there!

anyways good luck, and obviously In!
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Challenge Day: 5

Ola people,

I really did enjoy my day off. Was chilling a lot and in the evening I enjoyed a nice Europa League match. Just my voice has to recover a bit :P .

@Phil
      It was fun but now I'm playing NL5 :P :D

Anyway another day is in the book and it was definitely pretty good. I finished my NL2 adventure and already hit the NL5 tables where I had a nice 10BI session. I was running pretty hot honestly so definitely a nice start of the weekend grind.

I will try tomorrow to make a NL2 report with a video entry if I manage to set up everything correctly. But this are the results for today:

I also collected another increment(8$) from the FDB so the cashier looks like this:

See you guys tomorrow!
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Stake Report: NL2

Hey guys,

I finished playing NL2 so I thought I might give an overview on how I did playing this lowest stake in online poker.

Also:
      - Got 8$ FDB
      - Approx. 10$ more winnings in approx 300 hands
      --------------------------------------------------------------
      Overall I won: 68$(not including FDB)/34BI in approx. 17k hands which should make WR ~ 20bb/100.

Funny thing is that I will also get some RB for this limit which sort of hilarious but I won't really complain :s_cool: :s_biggrin: .

Anyway not really happy about my results but it's anyway just a small step to the ultimate goal so I won't really bother about it. I think I could have done way better but in the end I just wanna move up as soon as possible and get to the point where I don't feel comfortable anymore. Well, in the end we don't grow as players/person if we don't get out of our comfort zone.

I also made my first video blog entry so please leave feedback :)

GL to anyone playing the Sunday lotteries!
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Challenge Day: 6&7

Hi everyone,

Wanted to make a post for 2 days together which seemed like a better option since it's weekend so I spent most of the time grinding. Anyway don't seem to be happy with the last 2days/10k hands . I mean it's not like I play bad or something(of course I still make mistakes) but I can't say that I'm happy with the results(had my first day in red). I mean don't get me wrong I'm still winning but not as hoped I will.

Anyway here are the results:

I also got 3 more increments of the FDB worth 24$ so the cashier looks something like this:

Anyway tomorrow no matter what I will grind my 8h on NL5 and see how it ends. If I hit 250$ I will move up to NL10. So, till tomorrow then!

Oh, I almost forgot to leave a nice hand :D

IPoker Network $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2352611
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $1.92 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 18, 3B: 0, AF: 3.0, Hands: 11
      UTG: $1.07 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 13
      MP: $0.88 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 21
      CO: $7.63 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 36, 3B: 17, AF: 0.0, Hands: 14
      BTN: $5.38 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 12, 3B: 4, AF: 2.7, Hands: 630
      Hero (SB): $11.54 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 23, 3B: 7, AF: 5.1, Hands: 30787

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with J :diamond: J :spade:
      UTG calls $0.05, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.20, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.18, 1 fold, UTG raises to $1.07, CO calls $0.87, Hero calls $0.87

Flop: ($3.26) J :club: A :club: J :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($3.26) T :club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.97, CO calls $1.97

River: ($7.20) Q :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $5.04, CO calls $4.59 all in

Final Pot: $16.38
      UTG shows 4 :club: 4 :diamond:
      CO shows Q :club: K :club:
      CO wins $15.38
      Hero wins $0.45
      (Rake: $0.55)
    • MJQuads
      MJQuads
      Bronze
      Hi mate!

Just stumbled upon your blog during my morning coffee today, and I really like the way you set things up. I also liked your coaching video, I like your way of thinking/playing, so will definitely follow you with interest ;) GL!

MJQ
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      hey sir, been a while, how are you and stuff :D

i also took quite the long break but am back now too, and what i can say so far is that as far as nl25- go (where i am right now) you should indeed def stick to simple poker and trust your intuition. no balancing, range merging or calling bets on the river :D
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Challenge Day: 8

Originally posted by MJQuads
      Hi mate!

Just stumbled upon your blog during my morning coffee today, and I really like the way you set things up. I also liked your coaching video, I like your way of thinking/playing, so will definitely follow you with interest ;) GL!

MJQ
      TY MJQ! When I saw your nick right under me losing with quads I had to laugh(no offense) :P :D . GL to you as well! :)

Originally posted by Tomaloc
      hey sir, been a while, how are you and stuff :D

i also took quite the long break but am back now too, and what i can say so far is that as far as nl25- go (where i am right now) you should indeed def stick to simple poker and trust your intuition. no balancing, range merging or calling bets on the river :D
      Hey Toma,

What's up in Antarctica :P ? Yeah I definitely will but will I was wondering about this hand

IPoker Network $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2353688
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $17.22 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 21, 3B: 7, AF: 2.7, Hands: 188
      UTG: $5.51 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 1.7, Hands: 62
      MP: $1.02 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 24, 3B: 16, AF: 16.3, Hands: 1275
      CO: $3.17 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 25, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 8
      BTN: $3.59 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 13, AF: 4.3, Hands: 141
      Hero (SB): $32.26 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 22, 3B: 6, AF: 4.9, Hands: 39669

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with K :spade: K :heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BB raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $0.95, BB raises to $17.22, 1 fold

I guess simple poker would say a C on this stakes or am I wrong(340bb)? Thoughts appreciated.

Well, looks like NL5 journey is over as well. As I stated I'm not happy with the results but should I really care how I do on NL2 or NL5. Sounds like I'm bumping my head with things that aren't really important since it's anyway not the point to crush this micro stakes and I only had 1 day in the red.

Anyway tomorrow I'll shot at NL10 most likely 2 tabling Speed since I want the shot to work. I feel extremely good at the tables and reduced the amount of mistakes. Also I was wondering are the fishes in this fast poker formats more tighter then on the normal tables? I mean one of or edge over a classic fish is the fact that we are more patient and we don't have to play every hand and most fishes want action. So since there is this nice Speed Fold button they don't tend do be that inpatient and so as a result less action happens. Any thoughts about this?

I also got 10$ from FDB so from now on until 1st December when I will get RB only winnings will count towards cashier that looks like this:

See you tomorrow guys!
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      nah, i like KK fold, perhaps it gets closer with some timing tells or something. but risk is just too high and reward is too low.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HansTheGreat
      Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with K :spade: K :heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BB raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $0.95, BB raises to $17.22, 1 fold
      ummm...... can't really find the words to describe this one.

Best of luck with your challenge :)