I'll help you when you help others!

• Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Hello everybody,

This is the fixed limit equivalent of the threads that TribunCaesar and Unam have already started. The goal of this is to see more activity in the FL part, as it doesn't seem to be that popular anymore. In addition I also like to see it when users help eachother, or help the community in general. In order to stimulate this I will be giving away free private coachings and/or session reviews, depending on what you want.

How to "win"
      The most important aspect of this is that it should be helping the other users, aswell as yourself. It doesn't matter in which way you do this, everything that helps other users will be taken into consideration. When I see that you really want to help other users and do something to help them I will offer you a coaching/session review. The more people the better!

About me
      I have been playing FL since the beginning of this year, and I am now playing up to 3/6. This means that I am not an expert, but I know all the basics that can (and hopefully will) make you a winner up to those limits. I have been a handjudge before on the english forum, and I am currently a coach and handjudge for the dutch community.

I hope all of you guys will come up with some nice initiatives so we can improve this FL community even further :)

Yoghi
  • 18 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      It's great idea!

Private coaching is the best way to improve your game, so everyone should try to win :)
      And about Yoghi's offer: take it whenever it's possible! I had some kind of "private coaching" like month ago and it helped me a lot.

I'd like to participate too, but have no idea what to do, so if you have any ideas, feel free to tell me ;)
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      I'm very interested on having a private coaching. For now, i don't know how i could help other players since i'm not very good at poker. I made a nice bankroll but couldn't held to it. This is not the first time it happens. every time i make a big bankroll, I just lose it all.
      The only way i can help other people is by posting replies to there questions. I'm doing it pretty well i think. I'm in this site almost 19hours a day. I just fly over the threats to answer the best i can to the posts. I just cannot tell people how they have to play poker since i'm not sure myself about how i should play.
      I never mastered the SSS strategy, I always make bad moves to end up losing what i've just won before. I made good run at limit poker tough. I feel comfortable with limit games and i want to master it.

If you accept to coach me, I'll keep doing my best to answer to those who posts thread asking help. I'll further on coach some other people with the knowledge you gave to me. I'll also talk about my bad stories about running bad, so people don't fall in the same path. For the last one, i cannot do it yet since i'm in a middle of a bad run. Once i get over it i could best tell the story about it.

Can i have my chance?
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Ok i kinda find a way to help others...

I realize that I pretty know the topic of Tilting, since i tilt easily. So i'm always force to come back to a normal state. I'll fly over the downswing forum and give advices to the players there. I'll start from now on.

I also win often in tournaments. That's why I still have a bankroll ( i win in tournaments and go lose it in other games :( ). And i just discover how to record videos (with cannell's post). I'll record all final tables i play. and post it in the forum (still have to learn how to post video). So people will get an approach with the most important part of a tournament. I think of this idea, cause even in the strategy section, neither the video section, they teach you how to play at the final table (well they give you the basics in the strategy section but it's not enough. the videos are poor in that topic). I already recorded my first video with no comment tough. you can check how often i win tournaments in the "post your winnings" forum.
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      If you win so many tournaments why you just don't play only them ;) ? There is much more money in especially winner takes nice sums all the time so basicly you win two big(buy in 3$ should do already) on stars for example per month and you earn 3k$ month :D
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      I play on Mansion, I mostly win night tourneys ( with around 150 to 200players max). There is a variance, and i cannot play another tournament after i win one (i tend to play too bad) . I'm just thinking, if I master the limit, I can win money when i'm not playing tournaments. The switch can help me to manage when to play tournaments and which tournament is worth spending some time. Anyway mastering the limits can boost your bankroll really fast. Since i sometimes tilt for few bad beats. In limits, i don't care since the bad beats don't usually cost you all of your money at the tables. I also i'm aware that i lose many hands due to aggressive plays from the opponents. That's also a reason why i'm so interested in limits. A last reason is that you read the opponent more easily since he don't try to bluff as often as in NL games.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by 1seednoir1
      A last reason is that you read the opponent more easily since he don't try to bluff as often as in NL games.
      I don't agree. Here (in FL) are more spots to bluff or semibluff (because of pot odds in later streets) what makes it sometimes harder to read. Don't switch to FL if you believe it's easier to beat than NL - it takes the same effort to master (or just beat) the game. So don't be disappointed then...
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      A last reason is that you read the opponent more easily since he don't try to bluff as often as in NL games.
      I don't agree. Here (in FL) are more spots to bluff or semibluff (because of pot odds in later streets) what makes it sometimes harder to read. Don't switch to FL if you believe it's easier to beat than NL - it takes the same effort to master (or just beat) the game. So don't be disappointed then...
      Well i really cannot add nothing about it really. You're the pro :O

I just want to lean FL. All i have is Determination!!!
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      You're the pro :O
      :D I wish it'll be true sometimes :heart:
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Well from now on i'm really gonna need some help... I qualify for this one tournament... it was soooo sick ... after 2mistakes i went down to 700chips while the 3other players had from 8 000 to 18000chips... I was so shaking, i forgot to make a video :P . The 2 first players where getting a seat to the ECOOP III stage1 worth 25+2.5$. and the 3rd place was going with 23$. It was a 3$rebuy, I just add on. After some crazy tournaments risks here are the results.

I really do think that If i get a coaching I can be a good limit player in the future. And i'll then pay my due by coaching some new players also.
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Well 2mistakes was enough to bust me outta the tournament!!!!

went out 6th while 3place was paid!!!! adios the Ecoop III :( :( :(
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      @Opal, making lots of vids for example would be great :D

@1seed; You should be seeing helping others in a very wide way. If it is by starting something together with another player and then helping eachother to get better it will work aswell. I'm afraid I can't just give away free private coachings because you will get good when I coach you. You can study the beginners articles and get better that way, it's not that you have to make the beginners into pros, it's just that you show that you want to help the beginners by doing whatever you think helps them. I'm the person to decide whether or not I will give a private coaching, so if I think it's good enough I will give 1 ;) And I won't be so lame to just never give away 1 and let all you guys do the work.
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Well i'll help new players... I may have something to teach them. I'll let you know as soon as i think that i did a good work. You also can track me...
      It's gonna take at least a month i guess. Then see you in couple weeks...
      Thanks again!!! :)
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      I've tried this one Help session with this one new PS player. His name is Doug. I don't know his screenname here but his Mansion's name is Frogman67. It was ok at first, It last around 5straight days where we discuss hands a lot. Telling him what he was doing wrong improve my own game. But now he don't seem that interested anymore. When I ask him to meet on the IRC, he says not today. Now he just won't show up anymore as he use to do. Met another cool guy at the table, He was pretty ok with that Idea. We've given our skype one to each other. I didn't see him since. We certainly have different time to play but actually I play everyday at almost every time (like 15h a day). I've also noticed that my game is becoming bad( I play more loose). Maybe it's because I didn't find someone to give me the purpose to do my best.
      What about I give you a sample hand of ~100hands from one session and you give me your opinion. I can also make a video and you review it for me. What do you think?
      I just want some advice to get it going again.
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Is this thing still going / did it ever become a realization?
    • Rothko
      Rothko
      Bronze
      Very nice!

I'm from Italian community and I'm really interested in a private coaching.
      The italian FL forum is dead so I looked for the english one.

So now I'm going to help other players to win the coach. :D

Hand evalutation is helping users?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by Rothko
      So now I'm going to help other players to win the coach. :D
      time this thread was made: 25.09.2008 12:00 ;)
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Mmmmm mmmm mmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmm football.

BTW might be a good time to consider unsticky... er... ing this - unless Yoghi gets back his benevolent spirit ofc!
    • Rothko
      Rothko
      Bronze
      lol.

So, ok. The english FL forum is dead too.. :D