[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Ak

• piraya
      piraya
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      UTG+1:
      $9,01
      UTG+2:
      $10,86
      MP1:
      $5,77
      MP3:
      $7,41
      Hero:
      $9,6
      UTG:
      $2,16

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:club: , A:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0,30, 4 folds, MP3 calls $0,30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,90, BB folds, UTG calls $0,60, MP3 calls $0,60.

Flop: ($2,80) 4:diamond: , 3:diamond: , A:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2, UTG folds, MP3 raises to $6,51 (All-In), Hero ???

Sorry about the format. I played it on Boss network and converted to PartyPoker format then to forum format.
  • 17 replies
    • AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      Convert hand please. There are no stack sizes, suits.
      raise more pf, bet flop and probably call his push (Depends on board texture!)
    • piraya
      piraya
      Bronze
      Yes. I see that my preflop raise is wrong. thanks. the format should be fixed now.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I think I would fold here, specially to unknown and if my image is tightish
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      insta call, he has a donk stack and he's calling preflop with that stack, he does that with Ax I believe. and the pot odds arent that bad too, you got a backdoor flush drawb and a backdoor straight draw and 3 more outs for a King, which should be something like 6 outs.
    • heartburn13
      heartburn13
      Bronze
      I see this another way im going to reraise enough to take
      the pot now or im going to flat call here AS I AM NOT TO
      HAPPY ABOUT PLAYING AK OOP. sorry for the caps but AK has
      cost me more than any 2 cards in the deck the truth is i want to
      maintain some pot control with my ak oop. i don't want to build
      a big pot here oop, with a hand that may need to get better.
      if we hit our flop there is a good chance of a continuation bet
      from our friend on the flop so its win win with a flat call here,
      we can milk him if we hit or we can fold for little money if we
      choose because we managed the pot here.
      even though i favour the flat call, I will reraise some of the time
      but my reraise will be quite large I want the pot now. and if I dont
      get the pot now I want him to be a believer that I got AA kk,
    • Jumbles
      Jumbles
      Bronze
      Originally posted by heartburn13
      I see this another way im going to reraise enough to take
      the pot now or im going to flat call here AS I AM NOT TO
      HAPPY ABOUT PLAYING AK OOP.
      Never, ever flat AK in this situation.

Ever.
    • heartburn13
      heartburn13
      Bronze
      Jumbles as I am a novice and here to learn, could you please expand on why never to flat in this situation please, as this could be one of my many leaks, any chance i get to plug 1 I take. ty in advance
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I have lost a lot with AK too, Im watching this topic closely lol
    • Jumbles
      Jumbles
      Bronze
      AK is a hand that works best heads up.

Multiway pots usually require stronger hands to win at showdown and AK is most of the time a top pair hand. In multiway pots, top pair becomes increasingly marginal the more players are in the hand. You want to hit top pair in a heads up pot to maximize the strength of AK.

You're basically donating a healthy chunk of your preflop equity by not reraising. Try equilating AK against one random hand, then add a second and see how your equity changes; or even better, put it against two hands you crush pf (one good ace, then add one raggy) and see how it changes.

I can see an argument for flatting with AK against one opponent oop if you have a specific read, but with two opponents+ you're just putting money into a pot post flop where you're more often going to be beat if you hit. Especially if, for example, you flat in this spot and get tricky on a K high board.

Basically, flat calling will cost you a lot more money post flop in the long run in this situation than 3bet/folding preflop or 3betting and check/folding a bad flop.
    • heartburn13
      heartburn13
      Bronze
      ok ty im going to do what u say and run some numbers, u make a lot of sense.
    • adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      Also it’s more easy to stack someone with top pair in a reraised pot than in a raised pot. You can make small and medium pocket pairs fold preflop or on the flop with a cbet. I think in a raised pot with AK you’re dealing with reverse implied odds in case you hit top pair. In a 3bet pot those reverse implied odds are smaller because people stack off lighter.

Originally posted by Jumbles
      AK is a hand that works best heads up.
      Try equilating AK against one random hand, then add a second and see how your equity changes;
      Actually even you will win rarely, it is more profitable to have more people in the pot, in an all-in situation with AK. Let’s say you are playing at a table full of calling stations who are calling an all-in with random hands. You go all-in for $1 with AK and 4 people call you. AKo against 4 random hands has ~36% equity. In a $5 pot you will get $1,80. Your net profit will be 1,80-1=$0,80
      If you have only one calling station at the table you will win more often. AK will have a 65% equity against a random hand. In a $2 pot you will get $1,30. But your net profit will only be 1,30-1=$0,30
      Of course, this is only available in all-in situations. On today’s online games this will never be the case. In a normal NL game I also prefer a heads up situation. But if I’m playing fixed limit at a full ring table and everyone limps and I’m BB, I will raise for value my AK even if I know nobody will fold. My equity will still be very good.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Re-raise with AK is good, since
      - you take pot down often pre-flop,
      - if called you can often take pot down with c-bet on the flop,
      - if called and you hit tptk then you can stack people who would call AQ, KQ, AJ.

I´d only made 3-bet a littlebit larger, since you´re oop
      Postflop: since board is drawy then it is easy call.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      I dont understand how the drawy board makes this an easy call. ty
    • 2DHades
      2DHades
      Bronze
      Easy 3bet preflop and easy call on the flop, cause he is with not full stack. He beats you only with 33, 44.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      When board is drawy then players are mostly willing to gamble with straight/flushdraws
      If board would be K72 rainbow then you can assume that reasonable player would go all-in with two pair or better hand.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      When board is drawy then players are mostly willing to gamble with straight/flushdraws
      If board would be K72 rainbow then you can assume that reasonable player would go all-in with two pair or better hand.
      Doesn't matter : it's TPTK in reraised pot, which is more than often enough especially versus a 75 BB fish.
      At these limits with their passive way of playing draws, the difference between a drawy and non drawy board is pretty small in terms of your own equity.
    • canUwin
      canUwin
      Bronze
      only a set can beat you (or 2 pair but not easy to call a raise to 0.9$) so u are VS AQ or AJ or flush straight draw puss! definately call.