This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

First royal flush...

• Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      FIRST ROYAL FLUUSSSHH

I'll just write down the hand since no hand converter can convert Stud

So I sit down at a $1 horse sng...

we are down to 5 players... i get dealt this nice hand

K :spade: , Q :spade: , A :spade:

with the lovely Ace of spades showing in the window... ofcourse I raise get two callers..

4th Street:

K :spade: , Q :spade: , A :spade: , A :diamond:

Now my hand looks kinda hardcore in the window with pair of aces but ofc. I keep raising... one dude gets scared other guy calls

5th Street:

K :spade: , Q :spade: , A :spade: , A :diamond: , J :spade:

Now I get this I have two cards to catch my one outer feeling... I'm almost smiling that I can be thinking so positive lol :) ( as for all of you that are regulars on the irq channel you gotta know by now that positive thinking is the nuts)

6th street:

K :spade: , Q :spade: , A :spade: , A :diamond: , J :spade: , T :club:

Blaaack ten!!!! oh no this is the other black ten :( but I keep betting and dude keeps calling

7th street:

K :spade: , Q :spade: , A :spade: , A :diamond: , J :spade: , T :club: , T :spade:

I'm like what... what now? did I really hit it?... And I go to the irq channel:

(-22:45:15-) <Hlynkinn> ROOOYAAAL FLUSH
      (-22:45:41-) <SoyCD> ollee
      (-22:45:49-) <Hlynkinn> my first ever
      (-22:45:52-) <Hlynkinn> stud hi all the wayyy
      (-22:45:58-) <SoyCD> lol in stud?
      (-22:46:28-) <Velak> NICE. GRATS!

And I go on celebrating my fiiirst ever royal flushhhhhh... By not really knowing what just happened lol...

But ofc. there is a beat... After probably million of holdem hands.. I've never gotten a royal flush.... For the third time I try horse on full tilt I get one....

ofc. this had to happen on my friends account... lol not mine... I had him come over and we played some donkaments on his account then he had to leave and I kept finishing the sng's we had already started...

And lol that space theme is not what I use normally... My friend thought it would bring us luck.. I guess it brought me luck :)

so I'm kind not happy... After all this poker playing... I get my royal flush on a friends account in a $1 stud game... lmao
  • 6 replies
    • Cagey75
      Cagey75
      Bronze
      Lovely stuff. Doesn't matter where or how you get one or how much you win, it's still a Royal! It might be the only one you ever get. I got loads of Straight Flushes across different games, 5 card, NLHE and Omaha but only ever the one Royal -

Flopped it in a MTT on Boylepoker, when they were on Prima.

Unfortunately everyone folded bar one guy, I bet the pot, 70 chips to try throw him off the scent, and he folded - I doubt I would have gotten much out of him anyhow if he folded to that small amount.

I showed of course and the guy up top said he had the bottom end of it, 8h9h and folded pre-flop!! I think he was genuine too as we were chatting a bit after and he seemed sound. I woulda surely cleaned him out if he'd called.

Anyway, sorry for Hijacking the thread, welcome to the club :D
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Ive had 2 royal flushes :P 1 in holdem when I was a newbie playin QJs oop, and another in omaha which I won 30c for ^^ Its always nice when you get one
    • Neverwinter
      Neverwinter
      Bronze
      Well this just happened. My first royal flush in Omaha H/L and my second overall.

The other one was in Stud H/L. Long time passed but i'll post it anyways :)

As you see my royal flush in Stud is from ace to nine :P
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I got my first one yesterday playing NL 10 SSS...

I dont have pokertracker or elephant, but heres how it happend..

was dealt Ah Th in BB, checked with BU in the pot

*** Flop *** : Kh Jh Qh :)
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      lol, my friend had a Royal in some qualifier for that $2mil. prize pool tourney on Party just a week or so ago.

Anyways you think that would be a good thing. The board ended up pairing the river and my friend actually DIDN'T NOTICE HE HAD A ROYAL LOL.

A few people go all in in front of him and he told me he knew at least I guy had a boat (he apparently just saw the flush, which he flopped -- along with OE Royal draw, can't see how you miss that), so he folded.

A few hands later he realizes his mistake. Man was he ever tilting....

Sorry to hijack your thread hehe, this kinda thing happens when Royal Flush threads come up. =P

But nice hand! I've had one Royal (in spades =D), so I know how awesome it feels. Soak it in baby!!! Hahaha
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      In fixed limit I always call royal or straight flush draw. In NL it could be sometimes tough but one is almost certain: you are not drawing dead.