Xmas Coachings Feedback

• Lazza61
      Hey guys,

I have started this thread as a general feedback thread for the Free Xmas Coachings even though I wasn't a participant.

I have been hugely impressed by member's applications and the response of the people willing to give up their valuable time to be able to give those guys that bit extra.

Man, I am so stoked to be a member of this community. :]

I would also be interested from hearing back about how the coaching went, was it what you expected, do you think it helped you etc.

On the other side of the coin, I would also like to hear how the coaches felt things went.

Waiting with bated breath

• 14 replies
    • holmeboy
      Yeah the coaches have been great this year. Lots of them, especially BsoB, giving away extra hours. And I think there were more community members offering to help out as well?
    • Shuttled
      First of all I think its amazing what all the coaches are doing for this years christmas! Keep it up in the upcoming years, really good value for money :f_biggrin:

I've received free coaching from BrokeSoBroke which was really good. He helped me with analyzing my game, finding some leaks and giving me an overall gameplan.

Good stuff & Merry christmas to all!
    • seranpoker
      These are my thoughts about BsB's free coaching that I received on the 8th.

- A coach can open your eyes to things that you never thought existed.
      - Will surely help climb up faster through stakes.

I did work on my CO and Bu opening ranges which has improved my redline.

Not sure if this is a coincidence.

Before my interaction with BsB.

Graph before:

After coaching.

• RasTweet
      Hey Everyone!

BsB was so nice to give me some of his time for free :f_love:

The session we had was insane! He pointed out what my biggest leaks were, pointed out some stuff that I didn't have in my HUD that I really should have. We talked about a lot tbh.

The session was all in all was insane. BsB knows poker better then poker does probably.

I'm taking everything in that he said and I slowly want to correct all my mistakes. It's nice to have someone to point me in the right direction and tell me where I'm losing the most amount of money.

I've been busy at work so I can't really post graphs, well I can but the sample is too small :(

Thanks PokerStrategy.com and BrokeSoBroke for this :f_love:

• Ensyfer

I am really happy that BrokeSoBroke found some time for me and offered me 1 hour of coaching. It was a privilege to be his student for this one hour. I am not a great believer in quick fixes in anything basically as well as in poker. I didn't know what to expect to be honest, because in 1 hour there isn't enough time. I couldn't be more wrong! Not only did he pointed out few leaks in my game, but also presented poker to me in a slightly different perspective. Since then I think about poker differently. I play poker differently. And there is one more thing that has changed since then : I a winning at poker!
      Great posts so far guys! Keep them coming! Spread the love!
    • Rihard4a
      Hey everyone!

Thank you

Today I had my 55:05 minutes with BrokeSoBroke aka GaySoGay aka MadSoMad, and he promised me to do only 45 minutes! Thank you for your extra 10:05 minutes of your expensive time! :f_grin:

Overall experience

BsB went through all my stats and quickly extracted my leaks in just few seconds. I was dropping my jaw pretty often. :f_biggrin: He helped me to realize how much I still have to work on my game and how much more important it is to think outside of the box. This was the best experience I've had so far! I liked how he makes you think about certain things. If I could afford his coachings, I would book 50 hours now. :f_biggrin: :f_cool:

Today I played first session after our session and I can't complain about my decision making. Obviously he couldn't tell all the poker secrets in just 1 hour, but he let me realize them myself. ;) I updated my HUD with adding few more stats to consider and it makes wonders for me right now. I am becoming more motivated and confident.

Hard work beats talent guys!

• ThatGuyMatt
      Nice Richard! BsB does seem to be getting a lot of good feedback lately.

Looks like there will be lots of players evolving into Sharks soon enough thanks to the Xmas Coachings :)
    • Veini
      I had Chirstmas coaching session with BsB also! The coaching was definately +ev for me! BsB looked at my database and found lots of leaks in my play which he pointed out for me to work on. After that we looked at a few hands I had played and the lines that BsB would have used were very eye opening and "outofthebox" types.

all in all BsB sounded like a very nice guy and a professional coach who knows hes stuff.. You dont have to ask twice who I am going to turn to when I decide to get more coaching! I can truely recomend to anybody else also!
    • alxpoker91
      had the coaching with lessthanthree and it was great.explains very well anything you want to know..he recorded our session and sent the video too.

thanks for your time
    • IvicaIliev77
      Already wrote a review in my blog couple of days ago so I am just copy pasting it here !

I had my Xmas Coaching with LTT today and if I had to describe it in one word it would be awesome!

The most important thing, LTT is great guy and a friend who I am very happy to have in my life. I have never done any session with him and last night I went to bed at 5-6am woke up at 9am for our session - basically couldn't fall asleep how excited I was to have a session with my poker idol!

LTT proved to be super patient, easy going and full of knowledge! I prepared 6 different theory and math based topics and he analyzed everything with me and made things clear. I have to admit that these topics I started working with Gerovit very recently and some things were still fresh so I wanted to check with LTT if I was on the right track. Combination of work with Gerovit and LTT filling in extra questions today was super useful for me and has given me extra edge to crush 15s with ease and move up sooner.

I really want to thank Poker Strategy for making this promotion and LTT accepting me as student for the promotion! In case others don't know, LTT doesn't coach privately anyone anymore and this was super rare and amazing occasion for me.
      I hope LTT enjoyed our session, not really sure what he thinks of my current ability (maybe he will write word of two of our session who knows) but I definitely loved every minute of our session!

Thank you my friend for making a dream of mine come trough, I really hope in the future we will get to do that more and obviously get to hang live in Serbia/Vegas/Prague or some sick live event :D
      Some great words IvicaIliev77 :)
    • tonypmm
      I feel I need to bump the thread before I forget :f_biggrin:

I was apparently the one who had the last of the Xmas coachings - with LTT as late as Feb 11th :f_o: (delayed by my own initiative).

What I'd like to highlight about him is that he adapts well to the level of the student and advises both band-aid 'beginner strategies' and directions in which the game should be developed once one gets more experienced in an SnG variant (we analysed a footage with 3-max and 6-max mixed up, with a lot of HU endgames involved). He did adjust the advice to my PLO background.

I have not enough fantasy to add anything else clever, it was just pure awesomeness, a hell of a coaching.

Alas we've failed to detect enough leaks, but that's rather my fault, as it was my responsibility to prepare more questions and select hands / video to review more carefully, so that more grey spots would show up.

The SnG session following the coaching was all of a sudden upswingy :f_biggrin: , with a positive EV, hard to achieve with the 15% rake of JP SnG. Opponents certainly had a hard time (at first) readjusting to my new strategy of minraising buttons wider, rather than 2.5x'ing them (initially meant to avoid postflop where I suck even IP - life with 2 cards and thus poorer connection with the flop is hard).

Best of luck to LTT in his poker and life!
    • mortal1ty
      had a seseion with Ilari27, wont get in details about session but seems like really nice and down to earth guy. :s_thumbsup: