Simple HUSNG volume challenge

• boubougne
      boubougne
      Bronze
      Ok, it's the first time I give myself a challenge so I start with something I'm pretty sure i'll succeed.

I'm playing poker since about 2006 I played almost everything in term of NLHE. The last 2-3 years I play mostly HUSNG. I know I'm not crushing, I also know variance is a bitch. I want a sufficient sample to have a good idea of how I am really doing and if I can beat the micros.

So the challenge is simple, all I want is to have played 1000 games by the end of february.

That would be around 20 games a day.

Right now I have 80 games (3.50$) I'm gonna keep track of the progress here.

GL to all of you with your goals !
  • 8 replies
    • boubougne
      boubougne
      Bronze
      I just looked my stats for the first 80 games...

Can't wait to go back over that red line ! eheheh! :f_grin:

But no problem for now, everything alright !

:spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • boubougne
      boubougne
      Bronze
      In reply to VorpalF2F question.

I'm single tabling. I rarely open a second table when I stubble into an opponent who is multitabling or playing really slowly.

Actually, I thought my challenge was really simple but you made me realised it's not. :f_biggrin: Even more since I now play reg speed (used to play turbos but thought I had a better edge in reg speed)

I mean, I could do it because I have LOTS of time. But to make sure I succeed I'm gonna give myself until 10 of march seem more realistic this way.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck mate!

Heads Up poker is a monster! I recently played 250 Hypers and got crushed by the rake in the end :(

Best of luck on your journey!
    • boubougne
      boubougne
      Bronze
      Hi Michelle,

Thanks for dropping by.

I'm really interested in what you are bringing here.

Right now, i'm not that much into "making money" I'm more working on improving and see how I'm doing with a decent sample.

That said, if it goes well for me, of course I would like to be able to make a little money, don't need that much just a little income from all the times I spend on this game.

Do you think it's possible to climb up in HUSNG and "beat the rake". Can you be more specific on how did the rake crushed you? Is it utopic to think it's possible to make a little money eventually in mid stakes HUSNG or is it doable ?

I'm definitely not an expert on the rake and money making topic but since i'm investing time, I'm interested to know more.

Thanks,
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      On my side - No rakeback? NO PLAY
    • boubougne
      boubougne
      Bronze
      As far as I know, there is no rakeback offer on stars a part from the VIP system. Am I right ?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by boubougne
      As far as I know, there is no rakeback offer on stars a part from the VIP system. Am I right ?
      Correct.
    • boubougne
      boubougne
      Bronze
      Well, it's kind of cold up here !!

Better stay inside and play poker!

Here is where I am after 200:

:f_eek: