My blog - Lucky number 2015! (with BsB)

• Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      My name is Joris, I’m from Holland and play 6-max NLHE ZOOM. This blog will show my road moving up the stakes!

Update: Long-term coaching from BrokesoBroke!

What you CAN expect from this blog:
      Weekly updates & Topics that I found interesting or helpful & Progress in my grind to higher stakes.

I have set new poker goals for myself (10-10-2014):
      • Bankroll Challange: €600 to €10.000 within a year
      • Limit Challange: Moving up from 25NL to 100NL within a year
      • Hands Challange: Playing at least 50k hands per month

:f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: IT IS TIME TO MOVE UP! :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

-----

I wanted to end this first post with an inspiring video I saw some time ago:

Nick Vujicic
      Full video

-----
  • 55 replies
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Silver
      A fellow Dutch guy playing the same stakes as me.

You have got yourself a follower sir :f_biggrin:

What's the reason you want to go to Mexico? Is it because your girlfriend lives there? Or do you just want to go abroad for a while and chose for Mexico?
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      A fellow Dutch guy playing the same stakes as me.

You have got yourself a follower sir :f_biggrin:

What's the reason you want to go to Mexico? Is it because your girlfriend lives there? Or do you just want to go abroad for a while and chose for Mexico?
      Thank you sir and welcome!

My girlfriend is from Mexico and still lives there, I just came back to Holland after being with her for 6 months. Good you remind me, from 20 of January until 20 of February she will come to visit me in Holland and I won't be grinding at all. :f_biggrin:

This will set me back a lot, not playing for 1 month, but I am confident I can reach Supernova in less time than 12 months.
    • pitabread189
      pitabread189
      Bronze
      Good luck
    • topbar93
      topbar93
      Basic
      Great schedule - I'm going to do the same for the next 4-5 months before my exams.
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      The 1st of January I started my grind to Supernova. I spewed away stacks and played bad, because I was tired from New Years eve and was forcing too hard to get in volume. So what I decided was to take out this day from my database and start fresh on January 2nd.

"I rather lie to myself and say this day never happened than already crushing my Supernova dream on day #1"

January 2-4 went superwell, crushing @ 20bb/100 so I think this was a good idea!

-----

During the first few days I have found out that my biggest problem atm is my energy level. I can't focus 100% while playing poker for 3+ hours/day. This is partly because I didn't sleep enough the past week (only like 6 hours/night) and also because I don't do any exercise. (Doesn't mean I'm fat!)

Goal for monday is: Go to the gym, work out with a mate and get a subscription for 6 months. - If I don't do this on monday I will post it here and you guys can tell me all sorts of bad things!

-----

On Tuesday I will be back with first week's results (except 1st of January :f_grin: )
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Well guys, I am proud of myself. I just went to the gym and I even went by bicycle instead of by car! :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

-----

Thats not the only thing I'm going to share with you guys today. Lately I have been starting with meditation, inspired by this video by ErikStenqvist. It helps me a lot to get my mind clear and getting better focus during playing.

I found a meditation course online that i found really interesting. Here's the link, I guess for some people this will be very interesting and helpfull and for others it won't be at all. I won't say a lot more about it, just the exercise from the 3rd lesson video I really got a whao effect!

-----

Will be back tomorrow with an update about my first week!
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Results for the week

Profit : -$20,71
      Hands : 13.483
      Total VPP : 1720,64
      averege VPP/hand : 0.128

Really disappointing results profitwise! The week started off amazing, but over the last 3 days I can't seem to win a pot.

Number of hands is a little too low, aiming for 15k, but this is mainly because of New Years day and the day after where I almost didnt play.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Good Luck in 2014!
      Very interesting schedule format, I could use one too.

Will be following for sure!
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Welcome FFRRAANNKKIIEE! If you want more information about how to make a schedule I would recommend to watch the Schnitzelfisch videos.
      -----

Today I found a program that converts your $$$ on the table to Big Blinds while playing. So basicly the stacksizes, bets and the pot will be in big blinds. Also the program has other features like standard betsizes, a hud, pot odds, autojoin options etc. The program only works on Pokerstars btw and is fully legal (its in the list of allowed programs by stars)

I'm going to try this program out, I think it might help me to not think so much in terms of profit and money but rather makes me focus on making good decisions. Also I think when you are moving up stakes this will make it easier to adjust.

What do you guys think about it?

>>> Here is the link for anyone interested <<<

This is how it looks at the table:
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Good read Joris,
      sound like high but achievable goals if you put your mind to it - Grind on!

Love the software and will defo be jumping on that wagon.
      Luck at the tables.

MD
    • IvicaIliev77
      IvicaIliev77
      Bronze
      I like this blog and will follow you man :)
      Question: What videos would you recommend for cash game here on Strategy?
      BTW I really like the idea of converting things into BBs and pot odds being displayed. It should make things much easier in cash game.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Hi Shuttled.

I am using starshelper at the moment and love it. I use it just as number, without the bb attached to it. I find it makes it much easier when changing limits. It is also amazingly useful for MTTs push or fold stage, though I normally play 6max cash as my main game.

You can trial it for 30 days, which is a good idea for them because I got hooked on it and after 30 days decided to buy it. :f_biggrin:

The only thing that's a little annoying is that sometimes Stars updates render current versions of Starshelper not working. Usually they have an update for Starshelper up really quick but its a tiny bit inconvenient sometimes.
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      @MasochisticDesire : In my goals I am kind of reliable that I will move up to 50NL at some point. If I can't do this it is indeed going to be hard, but if I can and maybe even move up to 100NL later in the year it will be pretty duable. So wish me luck :f_p:

-----

@IvicaIliev77 : I have really enjoyed Crushing 50NL & Fast Fold Frenzy. Also Pleno1's videos are amazing and I really enjoy watching his live coachings here on the site.

If you are a beginning player I would also recommend the videos from the beginners course. I am also working on this and almost finished it. I think it's really enjoyable and explains the basics really well. Here is the link to the Beginners Course..

-----

@metza : I have put the "BB" in front of it as a reminder, will prolly take it out or change it to "$" later. And let's hope that they will keep updating quickly in the future then :f_biggrin:
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Nice, I will read through this lot when I get a minute.

Will be following. Good luck buddy.

Relaxation, exercise and focus all so important!
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Hey guys to give you a quick update, I don't see myself reaching SN this year. I have had a 25 bi downswing after running great at the start and my girlfriend is coming over in 3 days so I will be spending a month with her instead of grinding poker.

After that I will be back and I will continue this blog! I will think of new goals and basicly I will keep posting things that I learn in my pokercarreer.

Today very early in the morning I had a "Love coaching" from Shevtshenko. Click here for the topic and scroll down until you see the big heart for the information. We did a 2 hour sweat session and also we had some time to review some hands from my database. In the end he gave me his opinion of my play, told me what notes he made on my game and gave me a gameplan what to work on. He had a lot of good comments on my way of thinking and was confident I should move up the limits pretty fast. Lets hope so!

I paid $20 for this coaching and during my session I won even more than that so the coaching was basicly free for me :f_biggrin: Also I recorded the session and I will watch it back tomorrow.

Now I want to ask you the following question:

Do you guys ever record yourself playing poker while commenting on your plays? Just to watch it back later, or maybe have your pokerbuddies look at it? I think this would be a great way to improve and is definately something I will consider doing in the future!
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Silver
      Yeah you'd better continue your blog afterward! Otherwise I'll have one less thing to read :)

I personally never record myself playing, unless it was for coaching. Some people do it more often though, so I can imagine it might be useful :)
    • MasochisticDesire
      MasochisticDesire
      Bronze
      Hi budy,
      just dropping in to say thanks for bringing StarsHelper to my attention.
      Can't imagine playing cash without it now.

Look forward to an update once you've dealt with the 'real life' commitments and are back to the virtual felt.

MD
    • Shuttled
      Shuttled
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MasochisticDesire
      Hi budy,
      just dropping in to say thanks for bringing StarsHelper to my attention.
      Can't imagine playing cash without it now.

Look forward to an update once you've dealt with the 'real life' commitments and are back to the virtual felt.

MD
      No problem mate, hope to bring more usefull stuff to you guys in the future!

As far as poker concerned, I'm still out of business until end of february, but in the meanwhile enjoying my time with my girlfriend a lot. Especially looking forward to our trip to rome :f_biggrin:

Cya guys soon!
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Silver
      Have fun and enjoy!