$145,70
      MP3:
      $39,46
      Hero:
      $19,50
      BU:
      $176,53

0,5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $1,00, Hero raises to $5,00, 2 folds, BB calls $4,00, MP3 calls $4,00.

Can I make an Isolation raise against Mp3 knowing their stats? I felt 87s very playable postflop. I would fold definitly to a ReRaise.

Flop: ($15,50) A:heart: , 8:spade: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

I was going for the Delayed C-bet.

Turn: ($15,50) 6:club: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $14,73, 2 folds.

Obvious fold?

- Gerv
  • 7 replies
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      I wouldnt raise here you have a couple of loose players behind you esp. the loose button.

When you say "Can I make an Isolation raise against Mp3 knowing their stats?"what do you mean? His stats arnt hugely fishy.

Edit: About postflop play I would cont-bet on the flop with the ace scare card.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      A WTS of 31% means that the critical amount of FE needed to make isolation plays is not likely here. If villain was a known limp/folder or very weak Post-flop then your play is fine, especially if you have been card-dead.

87s does not play very well at all post-flop with a 20BB stack.

I think your post-flop play is fine here without any definite reads on villain.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv, I have a friendly suggestion for you... perhaps you might take a break from SSS and try your hand at BSS. If you had a deeper stack in this hand you could afford to c-bet the flop. If you are going to try playing SSS LAG style then I would push this flop.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by davidangel
      Hi Gerv, I have a friendly suggestion for you... perhaps you might take a break from SSS and try your hand at BSS. If you had a deeper stack in this hand you could afford to c-bet the flop. If you are going to try playing SSS LAG style then I would push this flop.
      If I reach NL400/600 and get a consistent winrate , I might switch to BSS temporarily to get my MTT aims accurate.

SSS Lag is something I work on but not doing it in Practice.

I like the suggestion of a c-bet on the Flop right away but that would be resulting in a direct push (remaining stack 15, pot 15) I can assume that I got 5 clean outs if he has an ace. so I need to get 3,9:1 somewhere..
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      i wouldnt isolote me with this fish.
      i think you have not much fe on a random flop and you need a lot of fe to make this hand for an iso profitable.
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      You could raise here if the blinds and BU are tight, but their VPIP is rather high so the chance of getting called by one of them is pretty high.
      So I'd just fold this one preflop.
      Loose tables mean more standard play, tight tables can make these things possible when some loose fish limps.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      i would never raise here

ok, he is lose, but that also means he will call the raise lightly....not a nice spot to be in with 8 high