[Resolved] Confusion with status upgrade won in HUC

• tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Sorry if it's a dumb or standard question, just the forum search returns nothing helpful and I'd like things to be cleared for beginners' future reference.

As far as I've understood, a Pokerstrategy status upgrade won in a forum promo (not by raking at a partner room) in the middle of a month (which does happen sometimes, like in the HU championship if I've got it right) is applied as soon as the win is confirmed, without waiting for the first day of the following month, and ends exactly after a month passes, not waiting for the beginning of a month, bringing the member back to the status they'd be eligible for according to their SP count. (Is it so?)

But there's still a bit of confusion.

0. Is a Basic member upgraded to Bronze for a month as a result of the win?

1. When, during the term of the level upgrade, a member accomplishes the SP target normally required to move up levels, does their actual level move up, e.g. if s/he's Gold at the moment when the upgrade is granted, but then crosses the monthly 2500 SP barrier normally needed for Platinum membership, does s/he move up to the Diamond (Platinum+1) level without needing to earn 7500 SPs total in the month?

(Of course earning 7500 SPs then doesn't net the Black Member status unless the 500K SP lifetime req-t is met, otherwise it would be hilarious.)

2. When a member fails to meet the SP target required to sustain a level, does their actual level move down too on the 1st of the following month? E.g. if s/he is Gold when the upgrade is won, but earns only 90 SPs in the month of the upgrade, is their status downgraded from Platinum to Silver (Bronze+1) on the 1st of the following month?

3. When a member buys a status (say, Gold) in the shop 1) during or 2) a bit before the term of the won upgrade, does s/he obtain a higher status (Platinum in this case)?

4. When the term of a status bought in the shop ends during the term of the won upgrade, does the actual status revert to the next after the status the member would be eligible for according to the SP count (or to Bronze for someone without a tracked account at a partner room)?

Thanks in advance for clarification, feel free to mention important cases I've forgotten, if any!
  • 6 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey tony,

You are correct, these status upgrades are done immediately after somebody has won a promo. And like you said, if the status upgrade is for a month, it will be removed after a month has passed.

As for your questions:

0. Yes, even a Basic member can win a status upgrade, which will then be for just a month. If that member does not get 1 StrategyPoint or doesn't get the free poker money (or similar), he won't remain Bronze after the month. He'll be reverted back to Basic, just like anyone else.

I'd imagine that most of the time such a member will be able to get at least 1 StrategyPoint in that month, so most likely this won't really be an issue.

1. Whenever someone receives a status upgrade, it will be upgraded from the status they currently have. Say someone is Silver status with 499 StrategyPoints when he gets the status upgrade and therefore gets upgrade to Gold. If he then gets the required StrategyPoints for Gold status the next day, he won't automatically be upgraded to Platinum.

However, if that member does indeed get to Gold during the upgrade period, he can just contact us and we'll upgrade his status again for him. So yes, what you're saying is indeed correct! :)

And no, nobody will get upgraded to Black Member ;)

2. No, a winner will keep their upgraded status. So if a Gold member wins a status upgrade on the 15th of January, he'll keep that until the 15th of February and will stay Platinum until that time. If he only collects 150 StrategyPoints in January and none in February until that point, he'll go back to Silver status after the 15th of February.

3. If somebody buys a status during their upgrade period, then I doubt there's much we can do. We would essentially just be giving a really large discount if we would do that, so that is not an option.

If however, they bought the status before winning their status upgrade, then yes, they'll get the status upgrade. If they bought Gold status, they'll be upgraded to Platinum, etc. This is of course different, because the user in that case already had the status.

You can imagine that if a Bronze member wins a status upgrade to Silver and then buys a Platinum package, it wouldn't make much sense to upgrade his status all the way from Bronze to Diamond :)

4. This is basically the same as your second question. The winner will keep the status until his upgrade period ends. So if his Gold package expires on the last day of January and he had an upgrade until the 15th of February, he'll keep his Platinum status until the 15th of February. After that, his status will revert back to what it should be.

Hopefully that has cleared some things up! Just let us know if anything is still unclear :)

Regards,
      Tino
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Many thanks for creating the comprehensive guide... and for agreeing not to downgrade until the upgrade period ends :) Nothing is unclear now, I did my best to mention all interesting cases.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      You're welcome, glad I could help :)
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      More than a month after the upgrade was actually won (by advancing into the semifinal of the HU championship), it looks as though Pokerstrategy has decided to award it to me today :f_confused: (apparently because the champion - LemOn36 - was decided yesterday), which is less comfortable than granting it after the rake stats for the whole month of April arrive.

Yesterday, my SP+BP counter was showing ~304 points and that ~196 points were left until renewing the Gold (to-be-Platinum) status for the whole May.

However, today, it's showing 316.48 points earned on Apr 1st-28th (which is correct) BUT the status target is shown as 'earn 500.00 Strategy points until April 30th to keep Platinum status' (whereas the status is obv Gold right now).

Needless to say, I find it somewhat unfair if I have to earn 480 more SPs (+20 BPs for 29-30th), instead of 163.52 SPs + 20 BPs, for the upgrade to Platinum to take place (if it's the correct goal and not a software bug).

I beg you to grant me an upgrade to Platinum from the day following the arrival of Pokerstars rake stats for April 30th, and up to (at least) May 29th inclusively, if, certainly, I do manage to have earned >=500 SPs+BPs in the whole April. That will be a sufficient consolation for the month-long wait (between the actual acquisition of the upgrade and the formal end of the HUC promotion).

Anyway, I'd like you to clarify the minimum April SP/BP requirement for getting Platinum status for some days in May as per the HUC upgrade.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: a support ticket pointing to this post has been sent. I'll update the thread with the conversation when it takes place.
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      The support have told me that it's indeed a bug in the way the forum software displays SP targets, and I should earn only 183.52 points (I made a misprint in the prev post but meant that figure) should be earned to acquire the Platinum status =) (which will, no doubt, be done tonight).

Thanks for handling the query so fast. The case is solved.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Great news tonypmm!