[NL20-NL50] nl 25 SH AJ

• matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      Villan is 52/7 wts 20, and fold to cbet 50, over 100 hands

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($49.90)
      Hero (UTG) ($28.50)
      CO ($40.50)
      Button ($30.20)
      SB ($48.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, J
      Hero raises $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($3) J, 10, 7 (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50, 1 fold

Turn: ($8) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, CO calls $5

River: ($18) 7 (2 players)
      Hero ...?

Did I make a mistake on the turn? is it better to c/f? If not, do we value bet river, or check call, check fold?
  • 3 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      He doesn't necessarily need to be on a flushdraw.
      Betting the turn is fine. you've got two pair and want to protect your hand and get value from worse hands.
      On the river I would play check/call or bet/fold depending on the opponent.
      If he's aggressive I would probably check/call to induce bluffs and to minimize our losses against better hands.
      Against passive players I would bet/fold. Worse hands will sometimes call us or fold (but wouldn't bet if we checked to them) and better hands will raise.
    • MisterHomes
      MisterHomes
      Bronze
      Since you are playing SH, i feel there are a lot more hands that CO could be holding opposed to PP and Ax.

1 - Suited, he could be holding KcTc and have easily called with a pair + flush draw. If he hit the nuts (or close to) on the turn, it is likely that he doesn't want to raise to keep you in the hand.

2- (suited) connectors, he could have flopped a straight with 89 or could have hit an open ender with KQ - actually the cold call on the turn doesnt really make sense, I assume he would raise to protect from the 3 card flush;

I would probably bet/fold the river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would go 10$ b/f here. He shouldn´t have 7 here, so if you were ahead on the turn then you should bea ahead on the river.