This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl 25 SH AJ

• matkov
      matkov
      Bronze
      Villan is 52/7 wts 20, and fold to cbet 50, over 100 hands

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($49.90)
      Hero (UTG) ($28.50)
      CO ($40.50)
      Button ($30.20)
      SB ($48.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, J
      Hero raises $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, 2 folds

Flop: ($3) J, 10, 7 (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50, 1 fold

Turn: ($8) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, CO calls $5

River: ($18) 7 (2 players)
      Hero ...?

Did I make a mistake on the turn? is it better to c/f? If not, do we value bet river, or check call, check fold?
  • 3 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      He doesn't necessarily need to be on a flushdraw.
      Betting the turn is fine. you've got two pair and want to protect your hand and get value from worse hands.
      On the river I would play check/call or bet/fold depending on the opponent.
      If he's aggressive I would probably check/call to induce bluffs and to minimize our losses against better hands.
      Against passive players I would bet/fold. Worse hands will sometimes call us or fold (but wouldn't bet if we checked to them) and better hands will raise.
    • MisterHomes
      MisterHomes
      Bronze
      Since you are playing SH, i feel there are a lot more hands that CO could be holding opposed to PP and Ax.

1 - Suited, he could be holding KcTc and have easily called with a pair + flush draw. If he hit the nuts (or close to) on the turn, it is likely that he doesn't want to raise to keep you in the hand.

2- (suited) connectors, he could have flopped a straight with 89 or could have hit an open ender with KQ - actually the cold call on the turn doesnt really make sense, I assume he would raise to protect from the 3 card flush;

I would probably bet/fold the river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would go 10$ b/f here. He shouldn´t have 7 here, so if you were ahead on the turn then you should bea ahead on the river.