This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL100 k9 steal to semibluff.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $108.66
      BB:
      $20.67
      Hero:
      $19.00

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:club: , 9:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, SB calls $2.50, BB calls $2.00.

Flop: ($9.00) J:spade: , 8:heart: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($9.00) K:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $6.00, SB calls $6.00, BB folds.

River: ($21.00) T:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $9.97, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $30.97

Is this semibluff ok? I didn't want Villain to hit a 1 card flushdraw without paying for it and i had a nice chance to steal the pot with a semibluff turn check/fold/callminbet river line. (Villain is a bit of a minbetter)

I don't understand villains call turn push river play play though. Could this be a purebluff out of desperation or did he hit a straight? I don't see how that line makes sense with a flush either.
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      AF 1.5 so i can assume that he has something that definitly beats your K9o. Whether its Trips/straight/Flush/Better kicker, it isnt worth it to go to the showdown with your hand.

If you want to protect, bet more but you would be pot committed so I just check/fold this to the river.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      I see no semibluff? What do you mean?

I would also bet on the Turn, you have TP and often the best Hand. But I would bet a bit higher for protecten against 2 players - nearly PS.
      And then you could take a free SD.

His River donk is very ugly and I think we have to fold. He have to bluff 25% and I dont think he will do this so often.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by allizdoR
      I see no semibluff? What do you mean?

I would also bet on the Turn, you have TP and often the best Hand. But I would bet a bit higher for protecten against 2 players - nearly PS.
      And then you could take a free SD.

His River donk is very ugly and I think we have to fold. He have to bluff 25% and I dont think he will do this so often.