Stack
      SB:
      $108.66
      BB:
      $20.67
      Hero:
      $19.00

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:club: , 9:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $3.00, SB calls $2.50, BB calls $2.00.

Flop: ($9.00) J:spade: , 8:heart: , 4:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($9.00) K:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $6.00, SB calls $6.00, BB folds.

River: ($21.00) T:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $9.97, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $30.97

Is this semibluff ok? I didn't want Villain to hit a 1 card flushdraw without paying for it and i had a nice chance to steal the pot with a semibluff turn check/fold/callminbet river line. (Villain is a bit of a minbetter)

I don't understand villains call turn push river play play though. Could this be a purebluff out of desperation or did he hit a straight? I don't see how that line makes sense with a flush either.
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      AF 1.5 so i can assume that he has something that definitly beats your K9o. Whether its Trips/straight/Flush/Better kicker, it isnt worth it to go to the showdown with your hand.

If you want to protect, bet more but you would be pot committed so I just check/fold this to the river.
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      I see no semibluff? What do you mean?

I would also bet on the Turn, you have TP and often the best Hand. But I would bet a bit higher for protecten against 2 players - nearly PS.
      And then you could take a free SD.

His River donk is very ugly and I think we have to fold. He have to bluff 25% and I dont think he will do this so often.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Originally posted by allizdoR
      I see no semibluff? What do you mean?

I would also bet on the Turn, you have TP and often the best Hand. But I would bet a bit higher for protecten against 2 players - nearly PS.
      And then you could take a free SD.

His River donk is very ugly and I think we have to fold. He have to bluff 25% and I dont think he will do this so often.