'With great poker comes great winnings'

• Spidey1978
      Spidey1978
      Bronze
      Hi everybody,

So here I am - ready to start my own poker blog - My main reason for this is for my own discipline and motivation but if anybody else enjoys it or wants to comment then the more the merrier.

A little about me:
      I have been playing poker a little over a year and have been a member of PS for almost as long (Thanks for the site guys - it is awesome).

I started off (like a lot of a people) playing the SSS and slowly cleared initial bonuses etc and gradually increased my bankroll. After a couple of months I decided to give Single Table SnGs ago which all went nicely - my bankroll increased and decreased (but thankfully overall increased) - I have taken some money out when necessary (all poker and no play makes for a lot of money not doing much) but kept enough to slowly move up the limits. At the end I was playing $22 Sngs. Unfortunately, SnGs have become a little dull for me recently and I have been getting fed up with the bad beats, particularly around the bubble (I know this is part and parcel of poker but still it hurts). This plus a rising credit card bill has given me the opportunity to start my own little project. The project consists of me withdrawing all but the initial $50 PS gave me and starting all over again with the basics.

I will begin by re-learning the SSS and playing that for a while. Whilst I play SSS I will be learning the BSS (which I have never played) and as soon as I have $100 I will start playing some BSS (whilst not giving up entirely on SSS my main concentation will be BSS) and then we will see what happens from there.

So there you have it - this is my little corner of the poker world where I will write about my successes and failures and everything in between. Hopefully some of you will join me.

Thanks for reading - see you at the tables.
  • 3 replies
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Nice blog... It will be a fun journey to read about :)

So what poker room are you playing on?
    • Spidey1978
      Spidey1978
      Bronze
      So, I'm just under a thousand hands into my project and it hasn't started off terribly well

At least things can (hopefully) only get better.

Will probably get to play another 500 hands or so today so hopefully I can start to get back on track (otherwise I'll cry). Not many hands of note yet. Just the one I've posted here

In reply to Hlynkinn, I am currently playing at partypoker. I wanted to try out their new software (doesn't actually seem that different from the old software to be honest).

So there we have it - Let's see what the next thousand hands brings me.

I'm going to think about some poker goals and I'll post my thoughts on that soon.

See ya on the felt.
    • Spidey1978
      Spidey1978
      Bronze
      SIX MONTHS!!!

That is how long I have been away from Poker. 6 MONTHS and not 1 hand played. Until yesterday. I happened to take a look at my Party account and noticed I still had $38 in there (having withdrawn over $1500 worth of winnings way back when I first began this blog). I just played a little bit of NL$10 SSS and I thorughly enjoyed it again (even though I ended up losing about $4). I had been burnt out over poker but now after a small sabatical I am back and raring to win me some fishes bankroll (I hope)!

So, as my original blog stated, I am going to concentrate on SSS to begin with while learning a bit about BSS and maybe make a return to some SnGs at some point as well - who knows.

Hopefully keeping a blog will keep me interested and focused and maybe my thoughts might even be illuminating for some people, you never know.

Anyway gonna go hit some tables again soon and I'll post about my experience and goals and whatever else might hit me I should write about soon.

Cheers guys. Look forward to becoming a regular poster and visitor to pokerstrategy.com again.