Poker Software terminology :/

• RGLFC1
      RGLFC1
      Bronze
      Hey guys. Ive just installed the elephant software, Ive alway done well using my own reads on players. I have a good memory, remembering how players have played strong/weak hands, how aggressive/tight they etc etc, but I figured getting some extra info can only be a good thing right? (as Ive just wrote that sentence Ive just reraised what elephant told me was a loose aggressive player only to run into his two pair) I'm changing my mind already.....

Anyway, could one of you helpful fella's enlighted me with the terminology of the things please

Ive figured out: (please correct me if im wrong)

VP$IP = Voluntarily put money into pot and therefor the higher it is the looser the players starting hand range is.

AF= Aggression factor- dont really know how to interpret this but obviously the higher the more aggressive the player is

PFR= Pre Flop aise- how often they raise pre flop? therefore a mixture of the first two..... not sure

WTB= aint got a clue.

Also how do you use them to improve your game. Any info would be greatly appreciated :heart:
  • 6 replies
    • RGLFC1
      RGLFC1
      Bronze
      ahhhh, first impressions...... It gets in the way and acts as a distraction from making reads yourself and going with your gut instinct (which a computer could never do). I could really do with some help with this, I'm not gonna use it until i actually find out how to. It has actually made me a worse player so far lol
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      In the top tabs there will be a tab called "Glossary".
      All abbreviations and tricky terminology's will be in there.
    • RGLFC1
      RGLFC1
      Bronze
      ty for the reply pal, does it help your game much? Im not sure if I can deal with all the stuff surrounding the players at each table, it makes everything look far more complicated than it actually is. Maybe I just need to get used to it though.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      It helps a lot.
      At first you will look at the number and say "wtf".
      Just take your time to memorize/understand the abbreviations and u will be fine.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by RGLFC1
      ty for the reply pal, does it help your game much? Im not sure if I can deal with all the stuff surrounding the players at each table, it makes everything look far more complicated than it actually is. Maybe I just need to get used to it though.
      Don't worry, it requires time .. few days and you'll like it ;)

btw: this is how my screen looks like during the session (with more table usually):

• RGLFC1
      RGLFC1
      Bronze
      ooo some nice replies :)

ok so i think ill give it a go starting on the lower limits first. it is way too much to take in all at once and throws me off guard....resulting in me playing like a donk i'd imagine. It would be a waste to not give it a go as I should have my license today or tomorrow :)

If anyone has any tips with regards using the elephant software I would greatly appreciate.