[NL2-NL10] nl4 tt on drawy board against fish postflop

• allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $92,00
      SB:
      $332,90

2,00/4,00 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:spade: , T:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $16,00, 3 folds, SB calls $14,00, BB folds.

18/6/0.9/34/2.3k

Flop: ($36,00) 7:spade: , 9:diamond: , J:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $20,00, SB calls $20,00.

cbet

Turn: ($76,00) 9:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

2nd Barrel?
        I dont think this would be good. He wont fold better Hands. Its possible that i am beat but I have outs, so check behind.
        allright?

River: ($76,00) A:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $76,00

will he fold better hands? JT, QT? i donk think so.
  • 5 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      This is way too high limits for me to comment on really, but I'll say what I think anyway :P

I think if he has J10 he will fold. The way you played that hand is like I play my AK or AQ when they don't hit - cbet flop, check turn. If he is used to short-stackers and knows how they play, he can definately put you on Ax and fold his pair of jacks on the river.

I like the turn-check, because he could be slowplaying a made flush there. I'd rule that out when the check comes on the river though.

However I think I would still play it as you did, because it looks like a straightdraw that's missed, and then you don't gain anything by betting, except risking to be called by better hands. It's a tough situation..

Edit:
      I just saw that you marked him "fish". But are fish on those limits really loose enough to call you with a pair of jacks on that river? Meh. I dunno :(
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      he will defenetly call a Jack, he has a went to showdown of 34%, thats high for big stacks.

and jt is no a very common hand, because i have already two tens.
      but thanks for your comment.

its a fish because his stack, not very agressive, high wts, small pfr
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      It's always nice to see W$SD so that we might be certain that villain is not just running hot. WTSD 34% => showdown-monkey for the most part.

Assuming villain is as loose and passive post-flop as his stats suggest then you definitely need to bet the turn. In the unlikely event that you are behind you have plenty of suckout potential. Sure he never folds better but there are a ton of worse hands that may call the turn having called on the flop.

As played, river is easy check since by betting we value-own ourselves versus his calling range.
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      i would play it the same, his call on the flop is too suspicious, looks a lot like a draw, and the flop is also so connected, although you are holding TT which makes the straight draw less likely.

turn completes the flush, so i'd play it safe and check behind.

river A is a scare card too, i might bet/fold out of position here given the scare card but since we're in position and being checked to, i'll just check behind. No reason to bet and risk a re-raise, in which case i will think we must fold.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hmmh its a close case but I think cbet a little bit higher and push the turn for value and protection. But there are only few hands against which you are ahead pockets lower then 77 with no outs and qt,kt,kq,q8,86. I still think I cbet higher like 25 and push this turn against hands like kq with a spade.

Would be interesting to know how you play the river when a 4th spade arrives and you get a donk?

I think you let him draw way to cheap.

When you check the turn I definitely check the river behind, no worth hand will call.