Weekly Vote: Have You Already Played Poker Before Becoming a Member of PokerStrategy?

• Poll
    • Did You Already Play Poker Before Becoming a Member of PokerStrategy?

Yes, I have played poker for fun before, but only started to play seriously when joining PS.
        Yes, I have played poker seriously for months before joining PS.
        Yes, but when I started to play poker seriously, I quickly encountered PS.
        No, I only started to play poker, when becoming a member of PS.
        Yes, I have played poker seriously for years before joining PS.
      Total: 119 Votes
    • tivaa
      Our community grows by the day, you PokerStrategists become better and your amounts of cash gets bigger.

The English Community meanwhile consists of players from all over the world. Many of you are already well-known at offline and online tournaments, and some of you even have taken up the game of poker as a profession.

Have you already played poker before joining our poker school or have you started the game with us?
  • 9 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      I was a recreational player before but when i decided to take it seriously i searched out for some helpful sites and came across PS.

Since then my game has improved considerably so thank you to PS and here's to more articles, coachings and videos so we can catch up with the other communities :D

• VTomukas
      To be exact - I thought I was playing poker seriously :D I mean, I won like 20$ through bunch of freerolls and tried to win more with cash/S&G :) Of course, it didn't work :)

And yes, now I can admit, my real poker began with PokerStrategy + some of poker books - that all came in almost the same time. But still a long to go to a statement "I play poker seriously".
    • NRGBlaze
      I've never played poker before joining PS. Well maybe some games with my friends, but they don't count
      Before joining the site I didn't know if the flush beats the straight or not (really!!!)
    • Cardbender
      hmm there isnt anything for my situation.

I still have yet to jump into super serious poker because i dont have the time for it atm.

So atm I play for fun. BOTD, Int league etc....
    • sirilidion
      yes I did play a lot of poker before pokerstrategy but lost much online and won only a bid live. now I am a winning player online and live so thx PS :D
    • Jeffers16
      Had played a tiny bit with play money before a mate showed me this website and I started playing properly. Dont think i had really played enough prior to finding ps for it to count.
    • justkyle88
      I actually thought I was a great player until I joined up with PS and releised I was a complete donk.
      But things have changed and I'm a winning player live and online.
    • stantos
      I had played a little and thought I was good at it. Never in a million years did I think I could learn what I have.

A conversation with a friend summed it up the other day "J you did our heads in the other night all you did was chat rubbish about odds outs and percentage" "How many games did I win" I asked "9 out of 10" he replied

I'm by no means a great player yet but thanks for what I have learnt so far !!!
    • TheBrood
      I bought some books and won some freerolls at FTP before finding PS. I had been playing for some years but nothing like now, plus now I understand what the books mean =)