New rakeback system at PKR plus exclusive offer

• MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze

PKR are introducing a new rakeback system from March 01, and new players signing up through PokerStrategy.com can get a little extra.

New tiered rakeback from March 01

Monthly net rakeRakeback %
      $0 - $24.990%
      $25 - $149.9910%
      $150 - $449.9920%
      $450+32%

Don't have a PKR account?

Players who create a new tracked account at PKR and make a deposit of at least $10 between March 01 - 31 will also be eligible to claim the following:

• 30% rakeback for the first 30 days after their first deposit
      • 1,000 PKR Points
      • $6 ticket to $20,000 GTD Mini Masters
      • 6x premium freeroll tickets

Terms & conditions
      • This offer is only available to new customers who are correctly affiliated to PokerStrategy making a valid deposit between 00:01 GMT on Saturday 1st March 2014 and 23:59 GMT on Monday 31st March 2014.

• The minimum deposit is $10.

• Having made a qualifying deposit, 1,000 PKR Points, one ticket to the '$20,000 GTD Mini Masters' tournament worth $6, and six Premium Freeroll tickets will be immediately credited to the player's account.

• All tournament tickets must be used before their expiry date as stated in the Cashier. Tournament tickets are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Unused tickets will not be reimbursed or refunded.

• This promotion will be activated from the time you make your first deposit and will run for 30 days from the date of your first deposit.

• You will revert back to PKR’s tiered rakeback scheme after the 30 days has run.

• This special rakeback offer will be credited in conjunction with our standard rakeback payments.

• Rakeback is calculated from total poker rake and tournament fees in the period minus any bonuses and regulatory jurisdiction fees.

• Existing account holders who have previously made a deposit are not eligible for this offer. Players are only permitted to have one account and any duplicate accounts will be suspended.

• The decision of the PKR management is final and correspondence will not be entered into.

• PKR reserves the right to suspend, alter or withdraw this promotion for whatever reason without notice.

If you do not have a PKR account yet, take advantage of our first deposit bonus and click here to create one.
  • 18 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      :)
    • RRKKRR
      RRKKRR
      Bronze
      Is this new rakeback for all or just for new users?
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey RRKKRR,

Yes. This is the new RB for all players. New tracked accounts will be able to get 30% RB for 30 days after their deposit provided the deposit is made between 1st and 31st March.

Regards

Laz
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      i really hate it, i am changing to other site because of this, i hope it back to normal soon.
    • grindworks
      grindworks
      Bronze
      I fail to see how existing customers would benefit from this new system, any new additional bonuses would only be offered occasionally anyway unlike the consistent 30% we used to enjoy.

Guess I will be switching over to a new affiliate.
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      Wait a minute, was laying on the bed and tought it was the total rake not rakeback on the tier, so if i get this right :

who will make about 450 rake per month will get 32% rakeback, so it means that :

: i need to accumulate about 1350 strategy points (10 points = 1usd dollar so its 135 usd rakeback) to be elidibe for 32% rakeback that month? (450:100x30= 135 the old 30% formula) Are i am right?
    • raggedydoctor
      raggedydoctor
      Bronze
      A PKR point is 1c of RAKE by PKR = 1PKR point to hit the rake you need 45000 pkr points or
      135000 strategy points to hit the top tier of 32%

Adjusting accordingly for lower ranks. you need at least 2500 pkr points or 7500 strategy points.

If I'm reading the numbers correctly.

maybe a mod can confirm?
    • grindworks
      grindworks
      Bronze
      Can someone explain to me how the new system is better for existing players???
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      I think you put to much 0 to 13500 part.

And how it benefit old players? Who will rake more than 450 will get 2% more and who would not will be srewed by the ass. Its not benefit to the player, it benefit to the site as it promotes need to generarate more rake, and if they dont do that they pay them less. So its generaly 90% good for the room 10 % good for the player. Cheeky bastards
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey all,

the safest way to calculate your rakeback is to rely on the amount of rake generated that is why the tiers are given in the rake values not points.

Regarding the potential benefits, please find the information from PKR below

This change allows us to offer more generous promotions and bonuses for both existing and new players, aimed at attracting and encouraging more recreational players to PKR. The revised rakeback structure continues to be competitive and rewarding for regular players, and we hope you will appreciate the importance of the need to evolve and stay competitive.

Regards.
    • grindworks
      grindworks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Marta
      Hey all,

the safest way to calculate your rakeback is to rely on the amount of rake generated that is why the tiers are given in the rake values not points.

Regarding the potential benefits, please find the information from PKR below

This change allows us to offer more generous promotions and bonuses for both existing and new players, aimed at attracting and encouraging more recreational players to PKR. The revised rakeback structure continues to be competitive and rewarding for regular players, and we hope you will appreciate the importance of the need to evolve and stay competitive.

Regards.
      Ok, so from an existing players' POV that used to enjoy 30% flat rb - please elaborate on the "more generous promotions and bonuses ... ", and the revised structure that is "competitive and rewarding for regular players"

How would this be better for existing players like myself?
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey grindworks.

This is a message from PKR that was sent in an e-mail to the players.

My understanding is that the rakeback change will allow them to expand the current promotional offer. Unfortunately we don't have any details yet regarding what exactly is planned.

Regular players - those who can generate $450+ in rake, will get 2% more in rakeback.

You are right that for players who are not able to generate the above amount, will get less rakeback compared to what they would get before.
    • Laimons
      Laimons
      Bronze
      Rake on the site is 10-20% :D and they stopped rakeback :D well done staff
      bye bye and see u all in microgaming ;)

p.s. last player please turn off the light :D
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      Well its not that bad as you say but, usally at this time player pool is about 3500 , now its 2800. (Edit : nah, its over 3500 now, so no big drop :X )

And yes, rake is huge, if you play low stakes hu sng the rake for $1,5 is 0.15 and for 3.5 is 0.3, even 6 hu sng is 0.4 usd, and there is no diffrence in rake if you play speed or regular.
    • Laimons
      Laimons
      Bronze
      It is a big difference! if you play speed hu or regular sng.. you pay 25cnt for 1.5$ticket, only for super speed you pay 15 cnt :D for 3.5$ ticket you pay 0.4cnt :D
      Jafreiteris, maybe you play only super speed's?
    • grindworks
      grindworks
      Bronze
      Ok, so it's been over a month now since the new rakeback structure. The change is done to provide "more generous promotions and bonuses ... ", and a structure that is "competitive and rewarding for regular players"

So now a bit of time has passed, can someone tell me what are these "generous promotions and bonuses" that are referred to because I sure as don't notice anything different other than being forced to work harder to earn the same level of rakeback that I was able to enjoy previously.

What is so generous about anything I am getting right now compared to in the past? Typical that sites, including PKR claim to want to improve the poker ecology - if anything, any changes made only goes to serve the interests of the sites first, not the ecology. Understandable that poker sites want to grow and be more proftiable, but it's bull to hide behind the facade of wanting to improve the ecology and competiveness of the game no-one is benefitting (regs or recs) other than the sites themselves.

In fact, its things like this that makes me want to leave these sites and move to pokerstars. I am a huge supporter of smaller sites like 888 and PKR, I think the software and games are great, but not to long ago 888 pulled a similar stunt like this and put me off the site forever, and now PKR is slowly following suit. I want to support these sites but they keeping giving me reasons not to play there and move to pokerstars instead.

If I am proved wrong and PKR does indeed offer better promotions/bonuses for me and increases my enjoyment/experience of the game, then I will have no problem eating my words and admit that I was wrong - but until then, prove me wrong!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey grindworks,

It would probably be best if you send this feedback to PKR support if you haven't already done so and hopefully they can ease your concerns :)

All the best,
      Gary
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      They also increased prices for tournament tickets, 6 usd ticked costed about 10k points, now its 15k... WHY??