Video series - From micro stakes to mid stakes in NL SH games

• TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I am planning to make a video series about NL SH BSS games. I will start on NL $10 SH and will move up to NL $200 SH. This thread should be your opportunity to give me feedback and to give me input for the content of the videos.

As I start on NL $10 SH I want you to tell me what you like me to talk about in the first part. What are your main problems? What do you need advise on? etc..

Tell me what you think about the idea.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NL $10 SH video content:

- starting hands
      - position/agression
      - opponent ranges
      - 3betting
      - basic value betting
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NL $25 SH video content:

- transition from FR to SH
      - play overpairs
      - play TPTK vs a raise on the flop or turn
      - Explain how to play in this limit and why ?
      - Explain what are the reads of villain on the different limits
      - play suited connectors
      - play with the stats on the table and how choose our action with this stats
      - BRM

NL $50 SH video content:

- floating
      - Play pp (22-66) & (77-JJ)
      - Play with QQ & AK vs a 3bet.
      - analyze ranges and guess hand

Nl $100 video

- differneces Nl50 to Nl100
      - playing reuglars
      -
  • 52 replies
    • RGLFC1
      RGLFC1
      Bronze
      nice idea pal. Will you be doing the SSS or BSS? and what site will you be on? I will look forward to watching this with great interest :)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RGLFC1
      nice idea pal. Will you be doing the SSS or BSS? and what site will you be on? I will look forward to watching this with great interest :)
      Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention, it's gonna be BSS of course. Well, I think I gonna start on Full Tilt, but tht doesn't really matter imo.
    • teslasecretweapon
      teslasecretweapon
      Bronze
      Well, I realy like that you are starting this video series/thread, especialy you do it in Full Tilt where I play also. I usually play NL SSS, but started playing some NL SH, but I started more to play on NL 25 becouse of double rake on Full Tilt on NL10 (or is it double only for FR games?).
      My first answer would be, realy non easy one to answer becouse of many diferent factors- it is about starting hans requirments- but could you give us just basic guidelines- like should we and when raise some hands like 9Ts, or about starting hands on diferent positions, like is it ok to raise KJs UTG etc. Also I'm not shore wich hands to 3-bet diferent opponents ( my standard 3-bet range is AQ+,TT+).

So to sort these questions into answerable topics :

Some basic SHC;
      Our opponent ranges;
      3-bet ranges;

Nice project, Tribune good luck!
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      i have noticed from sample hands forum that micro stakes that a lot of players dont understand the importance of position and agression properly
      so this can be some interesting topics
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      The main idea imo must be to start with the really easy staff and build from there. From how, when and why to bet to making us a poker gods :D
      Very nice idea
      Good luck on the tables
    • teslasecretweapon
      teslasecretweapon
      Bronze
      I forgot to ask you about the most important thing- BRM for SH
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      I think it would be great to discuss some important beginner concepts such as how and why you play differently with the same starting hands and same board texture depending on things such as your position and whether you are the pre-flop agressor.

In later limits in the mid-stakes, you could add how the oppenent plays to why and how you would play differently with the same starting hands and board texture. For example value betting against calling-stations with made hands and checking raising against maniac oppenents.

I know the only proper way to show how you would play these hands would be by making up hand scenarios but i think these sort of theories really would help people learn to play well.

I guess one way to show these concepts in your videos would be to refer to other similar hands played earlier on in the vid and why you played them differently Whether it be because your out of position or your oppnents a maniac.

Hope you get what I mean.
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      I would be very intersted in those videos however, i am just learning about BSS, and SH is just whole another dimension, at least articles say so...
      So make the first vids as much beginner friendly as possible.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Thank you for your input guys. The first part is more or less done. ;)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Get it posted! I neeeeeeeed
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      I can't wait for this to come out.
    • JoJo0606
      JoJo0606
      Bronze
      Great idea. Im just trying out SH after playing SSS (i think FR is boring) so vids that would progress in limits and strategy would be awsome. I think for NL10 the topics you posted would be great.

GL making the vids and i cant wait to see em :D
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hi Tribun,
      nice idea. :) :) Can u emphasize transition problems from FR to SH like loosening up(preflop and postflop).
      Good luck :)
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      very nice idea, but could you go up to NL1k? :)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      very nice idea, but could you go up to NL1k? :)
      lol, I am not even playing this limit^^

@dalliveas: Will do so in the next episode.
    • JoJo0606
      JoJo0606
      Bronze
      Any update on when we can expect to see this?
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

dunno tbh. You just need to be patient. I guess it should be released soon.
    • hova
      hova
      Bronze
      3bet any playable hand in position, else nl10 is very boring :)
    • Sai7
      Sai7
      Bronze
      available for bronze?