Let's play Limit Hold'em [Team PokerStars Online]

• CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Hey boys and girls.

My name is Luka, I’m coming from Slovenia and I’m playing Fixed Limit Hold’em as LukaSteel on PokerStars. As some of you have noticed already, I’ve been introduced as a new member of Team PokerStars Online.

I used to be very active here on PokerStrategy… Probably one of the most active users in general - spamming in every possible thread :) (Well… It wasn’t that bad) :P But was more of a lurker lately.

Nevertheless, I can honestly say that I would’ve never come to this point if it weren’t for PokerStrategy. That’s why I’m opening this blog here, to give something back to the community. Before PokerStrategy era, I was playing playmoney games on various sites and I thought I knew poker… Well that was until my friend showed me this site.
      I got my free bankroll, I started reading FL articles and now here I am.

In 2008 I even had my own blog in this section, which you can read it here: Warning, FL inside.
      It’s funny to see how I was struggling to get gold VIP status in 2008 at PokerStars… How I hit my first 500$ bankroll milestone in July 2008. 1000$ bankroll in September 2008, first 4000$ month in October 2009… Lots of good (and bad) memories. I lost contact with most of the guys who were active back in those days. Hope everyone is doing OK.

Well, that’s it for now. I’ll write more about me, my goals and stuff like that in the next blog posts. In the mean time, you can follow me at my twitter account @CoreySteel_ .

Good luck at the tables!

• 451 replies
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      Will follow.

I suggest you dive into our FL forum. Not very many are active, but those who are active are very active. Some pretty interesting and non-trivial discussions are to be found.
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Congrats on making PS online, not too many FL blogs about will be interesting to follow one!
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YohanN7
      Will follow.

I suggest you dive into our FL forum. Not very many are active, but those who are active are very active. Some pretty interesting and non-trivial discussions are to be found.
      I did browse a little and its really interesting discussion, as you've said. Will dive in more :) I also promised to join homegames, but never found the time.

Originally posted by peche025
      Congrats on making PS online, not too many FL blogs about will be interesting to follow one!
      Yeah, there never were lots of LHE blogs. I still have many bookmarked, which are dead for a long time now :)

Thanks guys.
    • QooQoo
      QooQoo
      Bronze
      Welcome back. Was curious as I started poker after FL had died down (2012), how is FL nowadays compared to when you started back in 2008? Do you think FL will ever get popular again? Also I never understood what drew people to FL in the first place. Can you help shine some light for me. I'm fairly new to the PokerStrategy forums so I never had a chance to ask anyone, but I definitely have been pondering it for awhile.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Why not FL? Its as good as game as any :)
      I know that's not what you wanted to hear :P

Game is obviously worse than 2008, due to departure of American and later Spaniards, French and Italians. But there is still enough money to be made. Ratio between good and bad players is staying the same-ish, just player pool is smaller nowadays.

I had to choose between FL and NL when I first signed up at PokerStrategy. Those were the only two options and FL was my choice. It was more suitable for newbies and most users started here. But then I just stayed. Tried NL and PLO for a month or two here and there, but FL is the game where my heart is ;)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Hi CoreySteel,

Not much FL blogs around, so definetely nice and refreshing to see one.
      I'm a total FL fish, so I look forward to read your blog and learn along the way.

Also, congrats on becoming a team online player. Do you think that the fact that you're wearing a badge of team online at the tables changed your playing experience in some way? I mean, do you feel that fish play differently vs you then before? And if yes, in which direction is that change going? Hope it makes sense; I ask this because when I ses a team online pro in the hand somehow I think through the hand more actively than vs normal regular, I don't know why though..

Oh, this became long already,

All in all good luck with your poker and your blog,
      Will be following for sure.

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Thanks Frankie.

To answer your question. Ooooh they play differently :D
      I was also wondering this myself and then I noticed it in my first session already.

Everyone is playing more aggressively against me now. Bad players are bluffing more, because they obviously want to "bluff a pro" and regulars play even harder because they don't want to be beaten by this "new pro fish" :D
      And I'm fine with that, I don't mind it really. I like aggressive, its more fun :)
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Thanks Frankie.

To answer your question. Ooooh they play differently :D
      I was also wondering this myself and then I noticed it in my first session already.

Everyone is playing more aggressively against me now. Bad players are bluffing more, because they obviously want to "bluff a pro" and regulars play even harder because they don't want to be beaten by this "new pro fish" :D
      And I'm fine with that, I don't mind it really. I like aggressive, its more fun :)
      I thought it would be something like that, which is certainly not that bad as long as you can exploit it I guess. :)
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Hi CoreySteel

Congratz on Team online badge!

I was wondering... Are you allowed to say what benefits you have as a pokerstars pro?
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Thanks pokerprons.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to talk about that. I'm sure you understand :)
    • Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      This Guy!!

Great to see you Luka and even better to see a LHE flag flying high.

If I have RNG issues you're the guy to talk to right? :p
    • pokerprons
      pokerprons
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      Thanks pokerprons.

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to talk about that. I'm sure you understand :)
      Of course :) Good luck and keep crushing with your new badge :)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Week 10

I was very good boy this past week. Even though I had lots of other work to do, I still played 40 hours of poker in 7 days. That's like a full-time working week :) I also joined some 15/30 tables, which I haven't done for a while now. Expecting even more swings now than before :)

I was always posting $$-graphs, but now that I'm playing so many different limits, graph like that isn't relevant any more really. I mean, I won like 700$, but this could easily be lost in 5 minutes at 15/30 :) Specially since I lost about 1000$ in 150 hands there and thats only 30BBs... And 30BBs at 1/2 is 60$ :P So will post BB graphs in the future.
      I don't have BR problems, so swings should be fine; if there's a problem, it's only in my head.

The only thing that bothers me is that I play games at night again :P My last session usually ends at around 1-1:30AM and then I say to myself... "Let's play Europa Universalis 4 for a half an hour." And before I know it... BAM! It's 4AM :P And of course I can't wake up at eight then, going to bed at 4... :)
      At least my poker isn't hurting, only my sleep and mornings :)

That's it for now. Will do some more blogging during the week.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      I love your graph, :)

It always feels nice when swingy sessions end up facing sky :D

Oh, and same problem over here, today is first time in last 7 days that I'm already in bed (typing on my phone :) ) and it's 1:43AM here atm. I would probably still be online if my wife didn't insist on me going to bed :)

Best of luck,
      Fran
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      LOOOOL! Same here, haha!
    • floaty
      floaty
      Silver
      Do you play 1/2 to 15/30?
    • Borisian
      Borisian
      Bronze
      Great to see someone waving the LHE flag!
    • JohnW4yne
      JohnW4yne
      Yeah, a new LHE blog! I`m in! ;)
      See you @ the tables! ;)
    • Baluuu111
      Baluuu111
      Bronze
      NIce to see you blogging again! :)

Do you play EU3? Awsome game, you start playing in the afternoon, and didn't realize you just spend 8-10 hours conquering the word :D

Just realized that EU4 was released in the summer, oh crap, won't sleep today...