CO: $2.88 (28.8 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with J
      6 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.20) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.20) 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

River: ($0.40) A (2 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.80 and is all-in, SB calls $1.30

Should I have played this hand in some other way? Should I have started betting earlier? Now I managed to get him to push in his whole stack, which I suppose is what I want. Him flopping flush too, and a higher one (the queen) would be pretty unlikely.
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Bet Flop to manipulate the Pot so you can get all-in easier and quicker.

So Bet Pot on the Flop, valuebet 1/2 to 2/3 on the Turn and go all-in on the River.

on NL10, I would be raising more made hands because people will call you most of the times with trash ;)
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Versus SB open-completes and checks flop always betting is a good line. It doesn't matter the board/your hand. In the case here you want to bet because: quite often a fourth spade will be an action-killer ; you want to extract max.value out of lone spade draws with a good-sized turnbet and also pot-commit one-pair made hands. The pot is only 20c on the flop and needs building.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      sry, but this hand is tilting me ^^

how the hell do you want to get the money in the pot by checking and calling??

bet and raise at every opportunity....furthermore he could have outs with the Qs or get scared if another spade comes and checkfold his two pair or whatever....

if he has nothing....FINE..but if he does have a hand, then get the money into the pot and dont check and call his minbets.....
    • koaesica
      koaesica
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngolPoker
      sry, but this hand is tilting me ^^

how the hell do you want to get the money in the pot by checking and calling??

bet and raise at every opportunity....furthermore he could have outs with the Qs or get scared if another spade comes and checkfold his two pair or whatever....

if he has nothing....FINE..but if he does have a hand, then get the money into the pot and dont check and call his minbets.....
      Yeah, I should re-think my strategy and bet/raise more. What you say makes total sense, things I didn't even think of when I played the hand. Thanks!
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      sry for my kinda aggressive mood ^^ but you understood what i wanted to say :D