bad luck? or just bad knowledge?

• lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      today I've played about 450 hands in limit holdem 0.02-0.04, (on three tables) and I tried to follow the SHC chart and the post flop play articles available in basic articles (didn't get to the "advanced" plays in bronze yet as I want to get some experience before going on there.)

I don't think I made to many mistakes against these strategy's, but in total I won about 5 hands per table (being 1/30 hands) whereas statistically (given that I'd play every hand down to the showdown) I would have to win 1/10 hands.

Is this normal, am I having bad luck, or do I just lack understanding about the way to play limit holm'em?
  • 2 replies
    • kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      450 hands is too low number for any statistics. You should play at least 10k or more to get some results ;)

I would have to win 1/10 hands.

Is this mentioned in basic articles? If so I should reread them again...

BTW after my 15k hands in FL I won about 8% of them
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      no, this isn't mentioned, but if you would simply play every hand to the river, in the long run you should win one out of ten hands.

but since you would fold 72, you will not win that hand when the flop comes 772 so, my guess is that you will probably win less then 1/10 when you're playing against fish at lower levels, but 1/30 seemed a bit far to the other side.