Beat- I'm broke, but with hope

    • RakeVictim
      RakeVictim
      Basic
      Joined: 27.03.2014 Posts: 199
      Hi guys, my life pretty much sucks :( Got fired, cant find another job, prob going to lose my gf soon. So I decided to give poker one more chance.
      I used to play, but was b/e or small winner at 10nl. But that was just for fun, never looked at poker as a income.
      Everything started 2 years age with $40 deposit on stars, sat at 1/2 tables, made it something like $300, next day sat at 2/4- made it like 700, then 3/6 to about $3k. Then a though lol, poker is so easy and sat at $1k tables where just after few hands my roll was $0. Got the biggest tilt in my life, couldn't sleep for a few day, I just lost like $3k in less then 20 mins and that was a ton of money for me.
      After this "adventure" havent played for months, then read some articles at 2+2 which "opened my eyes".
      As I said, started to play for fun pretty much everything, DONs, cash, MTTs, SNGs from $5 to $200 :)

      Now when my life is pretty much ruined and have no other chance I'll try to make few bucks. As today I have $110 in stars and another $20 for food. Thats all. No kidding, totally everything. Good thing is that my rent for April is paid, but still have to make few bucks for utilities and food.
      I'll play 5nl cash

      First goal is to make it $200 ASAP to withdraw $100 for food.
      If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

      Now back to business, just finished my first session and after ~2500 hands with "profit" $0.94 :( Got few set ups like AK vs KK BvB, KK vs AA and top set vs flush otr :( SO I thought it's better to stop for a while and continue later.

      http://oi61.tinypic.com/29wo4jp.jpg
      Graph
  • 150 replies
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.10.2009 Posts: 494
      degens gonna degen imo. I have no questions really, I have a comment though. Isn't it funny how at one point ( 3K) you do not realize how much money you actually have and that you do have a decent BR to work with and you only realize that after you've lost it all. After the tilt you are happy to have anything in your cashier to work with (in your case $110). That happens to every poker player at some point imo.

      Since you've mentioned 2+2, I must say that your story is similar to every single story in the Degen stories thread there. Learn from that mistake, use BR management and if you find yourself degening up a BR, take a breath and stop instead of donating everything back ( easy to say, hard to do i know)

      Good luck with your plan and all the best from me :)

      Hope you crush and win that monies :s_cool:
    • RakeVictim
      RakeVictim
      Basic
      Joined: 27.03.2014 Posts: 199
      Thanks man!
      At the time when I blow my $3k I didnt now what is BR management :) I think I learn from my mistake and will never happen again. Now, when I feel im starting to call to much 3bets with 69s, or pay a big river raise with TPGK just cuz "i think villain is bluffing" I just press [x] at PS client, watch a movie or something and then play again.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Joined: 23.03.2011 Posts: 9,245
      Originally posted by RakeVictim
      Hi guys, my life pretty much sucks :( Got fired, cant find another job, prob going to lose my gf soon. So I decided to give poker one more chance.
      I used to play, but was b/e or small winner at 10nl. But that was just for fun, never looked at poker as a income.
      Everything started 2 years age with $40 deposit on stars, sat at 1/2 tables, made it something like $300, next day sat at 2/4- made it like 700, then 3/6 to about $3k. Then a though lol, poker is so easy and sat at $1k tables where just after few hands my roll was $0. Got the biggest tilt in my life, couldn't sleep for a few day, I just lost like $3k in less then 20 mins and that was a ton of money for me.
      After this "adventure" havent played for months, then read some articles at 2+2 which "opened my eyes".
      As I said, started to play for fun pretty much everything, DONs, cash, MTTs, SNGs from $5 to $200 :)

      Now when my life is pretty much ruined and have no other chance I'll try to make few bucks. As today I have $110 in stars and another $20 for food. Thats all. No kidding, totally everything. Good thing is that my rent for April is paid, but still have to make few bucks for utilities and food.
      I'll play 5nl cash

      First goal is to make it $200 ASAP to withdraw $100 for food.
      If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

      Now back to business, just finished my first session and after ~2500 hands with "profit" $0.94 :( Got few set ups like AK vs KK BvB, KK vs AA and top set vs flush otr :( SO I thought it's better to stop for a while and continue later.


      Graph
      Hey RakeVictim,

      You really like walking a tightrope. Be very careful.

      Actually you might like to look at our free poker money offers. This way you can build a BR without starving.

      Good Luck

      Laz
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.08.2010 Posts: 2,417
      [x] thread has potential

      oh wait this is not BBV forum :coolface:
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.05.2012 Posts: 1,971
      You got some real fighting spirit, I'm impressed.

      However, I'd strongly advise you not to stop looking for a "real" job to get some more steady income. The mere thought of having to support myself through micro stakes cash games already scares me... :f_o:

      And don't let your need for cash lead you away from correct bankroll management. It's great that you learned from your past mistakes, but even disciplined players sometimes lose their cool when they are desperate.

      Best of luck, man!
    • RakeVictim
      RakeVictim
      Basic
      Joined: 27.03.2014 Posts: 199
      things are going from bad to worst :( Roll $95, got a few coolers again, lost 2 big pots with KK all in pre

      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      BTN: $5.58
      Hero (SB): $6.97
      BB: $4.63
      UTG: $9.48
      MP: $7.60
      CO: $5.00

      Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with A:spade: J:spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.17, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.15, BB calls $0.12

      Flop: ($0.51) T:spade: 6:spade: 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.15, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BB raises to $4.46, Hero calls $3.56

      Turn: ($9.43) 5:club: (2 players)

      River: ($9.43) T:diamond: (2 players)

      Final Pot: $9.43
      Hero shows A:spade: J:spade:
      BB shows K:spade: 2:spade:
      BB wins $9.04
      (Rake: $0.39)

      Time for BangBus-AlettaOcean(BigTittyBeauty).avi and then some poker, hope karma is not a bi**h and some run good to follow.
    • Vice1
      Vice1
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.12.2009 Posts: 1,923
      @OP It looks like you are in a bad time in your life. I think starting with poker right now isn't the best sollution to your problems.

      Work on yourself, work out, try to make yourself attractive for a job and get a steady income, learn stuff etc. Those are far better sollutions than start with poker.

      Relying on poker while on NL10/low stakes SNG's isn't really the best thing to do. You will for sure not play your A-game and probably will lose all the money.

      Good luck.
    • Harrier88
      Harrier88
      Bronze
      Joined: 01.05.2012 Posts: 1,971
      I agree with Vice1. Like I said, you should at least look for some kind of part-time work. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to quit poker, but getting back on your feet through this game alone seems almost inconceivable to me.

      Also, I think that hand was a little overplayed.
    • RakeVictim
      RakeVictim
      Basic
      Joined: 27.03.2014 Posts: 199
      Ok guys, I'm done for today. Roll is $135, which makes it about 25 buck profit for today after 4500 hands. I know i should play more, but I'm a bit scared, to many beats today, set over set.

      Bought a bread and some cheese and have about 15 bucks cash in my pocket :)

      @Vice1 Thanks for the advice man, greatly appreciate it! I haven't give up of finding another job. Sent a ton of CVs for the last 2 months and still doing it, but unfortunately nobody wants me. I used to be a Forex broker for the last 4 years in a big international company (that's all of my work experience) with a very good salary, bonuses, etc I though i will last for ever and didnt save any money (bought a sick car, ladies, bars, vacantions...
      But the management decided to close their offices in my country and suddenly I became without a job.
      I still trying to find a job, but the problem is I dont have parents (actually I have a father, but don't know where is he) to borrow money from them and I will never ask my friends for monies. Dunno, prob I'm too proud to do that.
    • Gise89
      Gise89
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.01.2014 Posts: 4
      Don't give up, stay strong!
    • Vice1
      Vice1
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.12.2009 Posts: 1,923
      Ok good luck then :) I see you are playing SNG's right? Can't help you there unfortunately. [Edited by Lazza61]

      Good luck with your goal!
    • RakeVictim
      RakeVictim
      Basic
      Joined: 27.03.2014 Posts: 199
      Originally posted by Vice1
      Ok good luck then :) I see you are playing SNG's right? Can't help you there unfortunately. [Edited by Lazza61]

      Good luck with your goal!
      I play 5nl cash, some coach would be great, [Edited by Lazza61]
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Joined: 23.03.2011 Posts: 9,245
      Hey guys,

      I have had to edit a couple of posts as our forum principles only allow PokerStrategy.com coaches to offer coaching.

      Hope you understand

      Laz
    • Vice1
      Vice1
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.12.2009 Posts: 1,923
      Sry sry, I mean sweating. I won't want anything in return :)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Joined: 23.03.2011 Posts: 9,245
      Originally posted by Vice1
      Sry sry, I mean sweating. I won't want anything in return :)
      Cool :)
    • RakeVictim
      RakeVictim
      Basic
      Joined: 27.03.2014 Posts: 199
      Thank you so much, Vice1!

      Had a session, everything was alright and then this happened:

      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2462420
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      BTN: $6.26
      SB: $5.11
      Hero (BB): $12.66
      UTG: $4.74
      MP: $5.37
      CO: $5.00

      Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with J :club: J :spade:
      1 fold, MP raises to $0.17, CO calls $0.17, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.12

      Flop: ($0.53) J :diamond: 9 :spade: 6 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks

      Turn: ($0.53) 9 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP folds, CO raises to $0.95, Hero raises to $2.15, CO calls $1.20

      River: ($4.83) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.45, CO calls $2.68 all in

      Final Pot: $10.19
      Hero shows J :club: J :spade:
      CO shows Q :club: 9 :club:
      CO wins $9.77
      (Rake: $-1.35)

      Had to quit fo a while, cuz I'm tilting monkey
      Still made a few bucks profit, but far away from wanted:
      GRAPF
    • RakeVictim
      RakeVictim
      Basic
      Joined: 27.03.2014 Posts: 199
      weeee, roll $175

      Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2462491
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      BTN: $5.00
      SB: $5.56
      BB: $15.39
      Hero (UTG): $10.17
      MP: $5.05
      CO: $20.19

      Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with K :club: K :diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.35

      Flop: ($1.07) 5 :club: J :spade: 5 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

      Turn: ($2.47) K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.65, Hero calls $1.65

      River: ($5.77) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $3.80, Hero raises to $7.32, CO calls $3.52

      Final Pot: $20.41
      Hero shows K :club: K :diamond:
      CO mucks Q :spade: A :club:
      Hero wins $19.56
      (Rake: $0.85)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Joined: 23.03.2011 Posts: 9,245
      Hey RakeVictim,

      Gotta admire your nerve. This thread could turn epic.

      Hoping you crush

      Laz
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Platinum
      Joined: 05.08.2010 Posts: 815
      Very intresting thread, I wish you good luck! In which country do you live? :s_biggrin: