what ever game I decide to try next

• sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      Hi I'm sirilidion and I build my bankroll up from $ 38 to $ 2000 + playing mainly normal SnG's on Mansion poker. but after mansion changed to the ipoker network the play on the SnG's changed dramaticly and I even took a real nastly downswing. so I moved a part of my bankroll to pokerstars and the rest to pokerkings. after my downswing I have $ 1500 left and are intrested in other games.

My goal is: sticking

- learn to play a good NL Hold'em cash-game on Pokerkings
      - improve my MTT play on Pokerstars
      - learning to play a good turbo SnG game on pokerstars
      - get my bankroll back to it's former glory times ^^

will get you guys updated on my progress
  • 240 replies
    • batmanbg
      batmanbg
      Bronze
      Good luck with your goals
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I'm also finding it increasingly hard to win money on mansion with SnG's $5+ buy-ins, Ring games NL10+.
      I know exactly how you feel.
      But I can't get tracked anywhere else worth the hassle.
      All I would be doing is downgrading in software etc etc.

What do you play on mansion?
      $10+ SnGs?
      NL100 BSS?

Goodluck. :D
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Good luck with your goals.

I know ipoker network sucks :D If you liked ongame network and want to get strategy points you can go pokerroom ;) I never played jet at Ongame network but time shall come after i clear bonus at FTP i think ;)

P.S.:
      justkyle88 i think he moved all roll out of Mansion.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      played for 2 hours today playing 0.12/0.25 eur on pokerkings. And got a horrible session. was mostly carddeath and the cards that where good didn't hit the flop or got coolered by better cards. got KK once and got bluffed out of the pot on a A hit flop. lost like 2 1/2 stack :( .

@ justkyle I don't have any more money on at mansion at the moment have $ 850 on stars and $ 600 on pokerkings now. I only get strategypoint from pokerkings but it hard to find a game other then NL cash-game there but the rakeback is good and the players are soft enough.

@ slikec: thx for the tip. when I have more bankroll and achieved my bonus on pokerkings I suretantly will look into this. The ongame network is just paradise for SnG players in my view( as long as bad software doesn't irritate you ;) ), they play as bad on the $ 11 SnG there as on the $ 3,4 at pokerstars.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      played a few mtt's yesterday including

- $ 11 NL Hold'em
      - $ 5,5 rebuy NL Holdem
      - $ 8,8 NL Hold'em
      - $ 2,75NL Hold'em
      - $ 1,1 NL Hold'em
      - $ 2,2 8-game
      - $ 3,3 HORSE

spending $ 54,65 on tourney fees. un fortunatly I didn't run well and only cashed in the $ 11 NL Hold'em tourney finishing 311th and winning 25.12

so I lost a total of $ 29, 53 on tourney yesterday

At least I got out with a bang on the $ 11 got dealt AA under the gun blinds where 600/1200 and got about 19 K stack so I raise to 2700 and get 1 caller from the BB with 75s. he check and I bet 2/3 pot of 4800 on a 7250 pot on a 59K board with 2 of his suite on the turn comes a blank and I go all-in he call and the river brings him a 5 which gives him trips.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      hi siril

Do you study for your MTT play and if so, what kind of resources do you utilize?

Nice read so far, your Title of your blog should be Sirilidion's Pokerexperience ;)

Cheers!
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I got a good session on cash-games today. today I played cashgames at pokerstars and made 2 stack profit :D . was playing there to trying to get my elephant software to work. not that I need it but I would like it to work when I do need it.

My tournament ran less good. I didn't even finish in the money once :( .
      I played:
      - $ 4,4 SNG of 180 man
      - $ 1,1 NL Hold'em tourney (2x)
      - $ 11 NL Hold'em tourney

made it almost to the money at the $ 1,1. really to bad I would have won that $ 0,18 if I just folded on the end :p

@ Gerv: I'm reading Harrington on Holdem and following the choaching on friday. I also use a lot of SnG experience in the early stages and final table of the tourney and cash-game experience for the middle stages of the tourney.

oO I knew something wasn't right about it I just couldn't figure it out what it was. thx about that. and keep up you're great blog eager to read it ;)
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      had a really bumpy session. lost 2 1/2 stack in the start of the session mostly by a fish that was getting really lucky. everybody was so aggresive though and I got to double up twice at one table winning 3 1/2 stack so still 1 stack profit this session. but really like this fish will definatly look for him the next time I play there.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      today I played an other session of NL25 and won a bit more that one stack. But I think I am improving my game already still playing a tight range but with some other cards as well and raising a bid more then I did before. It not going that fast yet but if I keep winning I suretantly ain't complaining :) .
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I got a 20% bonus on partypoker for a max of $ 100. This has to be cleared within 7 days I have to gain 300 partypoint. I took $ 300 from my stars account and had still 257 euro on my Neteller-account. So I will be playing the $ 11 SnG on party and seesing how that goes.

I already playing 10 SnG there tonight and made $ 20. got a good first session with 4 tables winning $ 56 by finihing 1st twice. the second session when a lot less good and lost $ 36 by only finishing 2nd once :( .
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hey sirilidion, great to see a new blog with goals and progress

Its good that you have set yourself the goal to improve you game. I think one of the best ways to do this is to get more actively involved in the hand evaluation forum. It helps you think critically about difficult situations and also discover leaks in your own game.

I hope you take advantage of it :)

Good luck at the tables!
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      thx for the reply soy. I will try to look in too the handevaluation. also have the find out how the converters work. Do really have to more again on the pokerstudy :rolleyes: . only been watching some video's and following nicks and manuels coaching with so now and again a few other choachings.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I played 27 SnG's today and have already gained 78 partpoint since I began this challenge. only 222 more to go before next Friday :D .

I played 4 sessions today. the first I played 3 SnG because of nobody registering to other SnG's. In this one I got second once. had a 2 to 1 chiplead and I called a push from him with Ak he had J2s and flopped trips on the flop. X( after that I run against kings :(

So started with $ -3

after that a got into a session of 6 SnG and got 2nd twice in both cases my opponent had a 2 to 1 chiplead over me and I couldn't change it around. The worst thing was I hard over 4000 on 4 tables before the push and fold stage but just got beat after beat.

So an other loss :( which made my profit so far $ -9

after this I finally made a profit finishing 1st and 2nd.

making finally profit after 15 SnG's $ + 5

But the next session was just terrible I got really bad beats and made some terrible mistakes also. I only managed I finish 3rd once losing $ 46 this session

which maked my profit $ -41

after this I took a break. played a game and when my mind was clear again. I played an other session. this whened great, my hands held up, I won coin flips and even got lucky now and again got 2nd 3 times and 3rd once making $ 44 profit that session

Which makes my profit today an amazing $ 3 :P

Also followed soy's advise and posted a hand. I'm planning to post some more tomorrow. also seem to get 2nd a lot so will pay extra attention to my heads-up play and 3 handed play.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      It was just one of those days where nothing seems to be going my way. played a chesstournament today and started with 4 out of 6 and things looked pretty good . then horror stuck did one bad move and got pwnd by a player I just of easely won. I try to focus after that but I just focus after that and lost the other to games to getting a dissapointing 4 out of 9 :( .

So I had had enough of chess for that day :p and was really looking forward in playing a few good sessions of poker. I walked home got a bite to eat and was really motivated.

But poker didn't whened well either in the first session I got 3 big pairs and lost them all among with some other nasty coolers and beats and lost all 6 SnG I played some more sessions and ended the night $ 120 down ad decided that was enough for today.

Thought I still make the best of my Saterdaynight and have some fun going out and maybe get lucky with the girls then. well it was fun, but didn't get lucky there either :( .
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I fell you man as Rhasta says at Dota. Listen dota song;) (if you don't like the song just listen first 22s and last 5s ;) )
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikDdNDt_S70

I am currently in a huge upswing and it feels great but i also had moments when it seems i can not win a thing ;) And yes you should improve heads up game finishing so much on second place instead first means losing lots of money.

Good luck at tables,

slikec
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sirilidion
      Thought I still make the best of my Saterdaynight and have some fun going out and maybe get lucky with the girls then. well it was fun, but didn't get lucky there either :( .
      And And and? Did you get lucky or did you faced an overdick :D ?

Where u from actually?
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      Well the day began good really seeming to it I might even win the money back I lost yesterday but unfortunatly things whened pretty sour again :( and ended losing an other $ 24.

Going to play some tourneys tonight on pokerstars including the battle of the donkeys and the sunday 200 grand.

@ overdick totally beat me to the punch (eh ... girl I mean :P ) X( . I really suck at that game. I'm from Holland btw and live in Leeuwarden.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Lol Your from Nederland, didnt saw you in the Dutch community yet..!
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      have had a nice couple of days Sunday I started not very good with losing $ 25 on the SnG. The Mtt where a bit better and including my freestack at the next BOD I finish break-even. So I thought I was going to bed and get to sleep. but I just couldn't sleep ( it was the redbulls fault it had nothing to do with me quitting loser, really, I swear :P ). So I thought if I didn't going to sleep I might as well play some more poker. which turn out to be + EV because I turned my 25 lose into a $ 25 profit.

Today went even greater. even if I had 2 awful sessions where I lost $ 24 and $ 44 I made more then up for this by winning $ 36 in won and one of my best sessions ever I won $ 96 placing 2 three times and first once. The session where I won $ 36 could have been more but I was playing it in a computerroom at my school and was heads-up with a slight chipdisadvantage when a class came in telling me to leave so I had to speed it up and lost it :( .

but with this win brings me + $ 20 where I was before Saterday.

@ Gerv: that's is because I have never looked into the dutch community of pokerstrategy