Serbia and Bosnia flood disasters

    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Joined: 21.07.2010 Posts: 378
      Dear friends and poker players from all communities,

      my country was recently hit by severe floods. Hundred thousands of people lost their homes, there are many casualties, estimated cost from disaster is already calculated to Billions of dollars!!!
      It is very important to help these people in any way possible!!!

      [Edited by TinoLaan]

      If it is possible it would be nice to organize some fund raising tournaments and write to affiliate rooms to organize tournaments as well!

      Thank You for Your support in these hard times for me and my country

      edit: bank and paypal accounts on the picture are for Serbian people abroad to an organization that collects help and donations(NOT SURE IF IT'S 100% TRUSTWORTHY)! In the YouTube link below You can see a direct PayPal account to Serbian Goverment (THAT IS THE SAFEST WAY TO MAKE A DONATION)...
  • 23 replies
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Joined: 21.07.2010 Posts: 378
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Joined: 21.07.2010 Posts: 378
      Some of the links where You can see hou serious and severe this disaster is!!!

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK1OBD1hLWk#t=11

      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/serbia/10835292/Bosnia-and-Serbia-hit-by-worst-flooding-for-120-years.html
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Joined: 21.07.2010 Posts: 378





    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.12.2007 Posts: 2,020
      I'm following it closely. It's really incredible what happened and I hope the situation will gradually go back to normal.
      I already made a donation and hopefully many good people will do the same.
      Good luck!
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Joined: 21.07.2010 Posts: 378
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      I'm following it closely. It's really incredible what happened and I hope the situation will gradually go back to normal.
      I already made a donation and hopefully many good people will do the same.
      Good luck!
      Thanks for the support :)
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Joined: 21.07.2010 Posts: 378
      100% accurate account for foreign currency donations directly to the Serbian Red Cross!!!

    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.01.2011 Posts: 1,308
      +1 for support
      We need your help, lets show that poker community cares!
      Pokerstrategy.com can join to organize some event, or just mobilize community to help!
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Joined: 21.07.2010 Posts: 378
      Originally posted by Gerovit
      +1 for support
      We need your help, lets show that poker community cares!
      Pokerstrategy.com can join to organize some event, or just mobilize community to help!
      Thanks Gerovit,
      please spread the word, lets include as many people from the community as possible...
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.10.2011 Posts: 6,411
      .
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.10.2011 Posts: 6,411
      Re-opened guys :f_love:

      Please also check out this post: Charity posts not allowed!? - Is this our Community?

      Tino
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.01.2011 Posts: 1,308
      Vox populi ftw!!!

      People show the world that poker players have good hearts and care about people!

      Thank you all!

      Milan.
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Joined: 21.07.2010 Posts: 378
      Thank you for having an understanding at these hard times! Please let me know if I need to edit any of my posts, or just edit them Yourself, my only goal is to raise as much attention as possible...
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Joined: 21.07.2010 Posts: 378
      So guys,
      just had this message sent to PokerStars support...


      if You are playing on any other platform please send them this or similar message, or if You have any influence on any other poker rooms, please try to persuade them to organize some events and donate money from rake to help people!

      Thanks again for the support
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Joined: 21.07.2010 Posts: 378
      Originally posted by Gerovit
      Vox populi ftw!!!

      People show the world that poker players have good hearts and care about people!

      Thank you all!

      Milan.
      Thank you very much for Your devotion towards this good cause.
    • miki962
      miki962
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.11.2010 Posts: 74
      I am wery glad to read this tread on this place.
      Poker community have big strong in numbers.
      If Pokerstars open player account I will transfer 1$ [as thousands others I hope]

      Milane work on it!

      I can write milion words but now is time for results
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.04.2008 Posts: 549
      I already gave my contribution, however if anything within poker community will be organised I will be more than happy to participate.
      Its really horrbile there guys.
      Been there with red cross this weekend, and its beyond words how horrible situation is ( no food, no drinking water, no medicine, no electicity, 9m high water somewhere, and all around mud, devatation and horrbile smell everywhere ) .
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Joined: 21.07.2010 Posts: 378
      Originally posted by miki962
      I am wery glad to read this tread on this place.
      Poker community have big strong in numbers.
      If Pokerstars open player account I will transfer 1$ [as thousands others I hope]

      Milane work on it!

      I can write milion words but now is time for results
      Originally posted by oskrgy
      I already gave my contribution, however if anything within poker community will be organised I will be more than happy to participate.
      Its really horrbile there guys.
      Been there with red cross this weekend, and its beyond words how horrible situation is ( no food, no drinking water, no medicine, no electicity, 9m high water somewhere, and all around mud, devatation and horrbile smell everywhere ) .
      Thanks guy for the support, keep spreading the word!!!

      Unfortunately got a negative response from Stars support regarding organizing charity tournaments, but they said they informed their regional manager, to provide help from their side, so at least something good, hopefully. They also said we could organize home games and collect money that way, but there couldn't be nearly a good response as if they offered to organize it. :(
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Joined: 21.07.2010 Posts: 378
      Celebrities also showing their support in these hard times, You can join too!!! ;)



    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.08.2010 Posts: 494
      Originally posted by nmilan84
      So guys,
      just had this message sent to PokerStars support...


      if You are playing on any other platform please send them this or similar message, or if You have any influence on any other poker rooms, please try to persuade them to organize some events and donate money from rake to help people!

      Thanks again for the support
      Did anything ever materialize?
    • 1
    • 2