[Promotion] Guess the hands and win $50!

• JoshLogan
      JoshLogan
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

Find yourself calling out opponent's hands during a session? Think your hand reading skills are worthy of envy? Well now's the time to prove it!

Over the course of two weeks from Monday, June 09 to Sunday, June 22, we'll be posting three hands a week (on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, each in a separate thread) for you to try and dissect.

Simply hazard a guess at what you think both the Hero and Villian in our example hands are playing with to give yourself a chance of netting a cash prize.

Time has run out for guesses at our first hand, Hero had 88, Villain had QsJs - well done to all those who guessed either hand correctly!

The second hand is displayed below, post your guesses in this thread.

Guess The Hand competition: Rules

• The time for guessing will be in between the time of each hand being posted (a hand posted on Monday can be guessed until Wednesday, when the next hand is posted).

• Each user is allowed to post one guess each per hand followed by a brief explanation of their decision - "random" guesses will not be considered.

• Users have to guess Hero and Villian's hole cards (suit indication not required).

• For each correct guess at Hero's hand, participants will be awarded two tickets to the winner's raffle.

• For each correct guess at Villian's hand, participants will be awarded one ticket to the winner's raffle.

• After two weeks have passed and six hands have been posted, tickets to the raffle will be totalled and three winners will be drawn at random; the winners each receive $50 in their Tell-a-Friend accounts.

• If you don't guess correctly at first, don't be deterred, you still have a chance of winning with only one correct answer.

Hand #2

$1/$2 Zoom No Limit Hold'em
      BTN ($262)
      SB ($222.32)
      BB ($449.12)

Preflop: Hero is BB with ?? ??, Villain is SB with ?? ??
      3 folds, BTN raises to $4.24, Villain calls $3.24, Hero calls $2.24.

Flop: ($12.72) (3 players)
      Villain checks, Hero checks, BTN checks.

Turn: ($12.72) (3 players)
      Villain bets $6, Hero raises $24, BTN folds, Villain calls $18.

River: ($60.72) (2 players)
      Villain checks, Hero bets $33.60, Villain calls $33.60.

Total pot: $127.92

Have fun and join the game!
  • 19 replies
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Silver
      Looks like both players are going for a check-raise on flop, instead miss it and value-bet turn. Could be either way, villain with 2prs / set and hero with flush, or villain with small flush and hero value betting with most likely a set.

Lets just guess then.

Hero
      T9 :heart:

Villain
    • wealthybrainer
      wealthybrainer
      Gold
      villain could have planned a x/r on flop but after turn card, his card from monster became medium made hand and decided to call against hero's aggression. So he has something like TT (one could be T of hearts)

Hero has a polarized range could have a missed OESD or a flush. I believe hero is bluffing with QJ (without any hearts but could be suited) which didn't bet the flop because he would have to fold it, this line fits this card type.

Hero: QJ
      villain: TT
    • nemesis24
      nemesis24
      Bronze
      I think villain had A10 and after this flop he tought he can make a valuebet. He didn't believe Hero's flush so he calldown the river.

Hero has 22 I think. He played bet/fold on the river.
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      Hero: Q :heart: J :diamond:

Villain: J :heart: 10 :heart:
    • BotiaKiraly
      BotiaKiraly
      Bronze
      Preflop hero would sqz with a stronger range so his range would be middle suited connectors 98s-QJs + onegappers

because of turn action I'm guessing hero checks expecting BU to bet.

OTT I think hero-s hand could be value or bluff but the river bet really looks like value, so I'm going to go with turn raise already for value.

So let's say hero has Q :heart: J :heart:

Villains SB cold calling range is not that wide but will include some pocket pairs, and his play justifies him having somthing like 22 or 44, he would have 3bet most of heros range, so we can deduce flushes, I'm going to go with:

4x 4 :heart:
    • joey1toe
      joey1toe
      Bronze
      Hero - QJ

Villain - 22

Hero - Action begins on the turn and because of that big raise and on that draw heavy board I assume he has either QJo or a pair of 44 or 22 however his 1/2 pot river bet shows weakness so it leads me to believe that he missed both his FD and OESD.

Villain - I think the turn either gave villain a set or a flush because he got his 1/2 pot bet raised so big yet he called but I assume he has 22 because if he had a FD he would most likely bet the flop and on the river he just calls it down, with a made flush I think he would shove the river easily.
    • murzius
      murzius
      Bronze
      Hero A :heart: T, taked line was for semi bluf. On river bet fold.
      Vilain maybe KJ taked line for slow play, and don't want to get raised on such draw heavy board , for pot control.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      A bit of a guessing game, frustrating.
      Anyway,

for Hero:
      Preflop: range is probably capped and most are midPP, suited connectors, and similar like one gappers, a few broadways.

Doesn't look like a bluff: villain's flop check could mean anything and a bet/call on the turn indicates strength, so there's no sense to bluff xem even on river and with a relatively low size.

The big size on turn and the smaller size on river suggests protection on turn and thin value on river, because after a bet/call from villain on turn you can generally expect to be paid more than half pot on river if you have a strong point.

You can do the same with flushes, but a little less likely.

The only two-pair that is barely on the preflop range is KTs, but I think a donk bet on the flop would have been placed, and maybe it's too much of a thin value bet on river.

Sets are what's left.
      Again with 44 I'd expect a donk bet on this drawy flop (can't really say it without any read on BU... so frustrating), so I'm just gonna go with 22.

So my Final Guess for Hero is 22.

Now for Villain:
      Preflop: range is even more restricted in my opinion. Assuming Hero is an aggressive player, a call with very small pocket pairs is not that good as you can get squeezed easily. So only 99-55 for PPs in my opinion. For the rest, good broadways, suited connectors.

The bet/call on turn here is the key. The size doesn't suggest much of an attempt to protect, and the call suggests a non-nut type of hand.

QJ is a bit too good and probably a donk on the flop was due.
      JT is less likely due to the T.
      98 fits very well this type of play.

So my Final Guess for Villain is 9:heart: 8:heart: .

Hands:
      Hero 22
      Villain 9:heart: 8:heart:
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Villain: 44
      Pre: "I just call because i don't want to 3-bet this time and i want that fish on the BB also call."

Flop: "Wow, a set! I go for a check-raise!"

Turn: "Damn those #@!¿£$ passive fishes! Ok, i'm not quite sure what to do so i'll bet 1/2 pot."
      "Oh, great, now he raises! Well, i call."

River: "Why the @#€ i never hit those boats!!?? God damned.. Maybe i should just check and fold if he bets because it would look very much like a flush."
      "Half a pot.. Maybe he was like semibluffing the turn. Dude, i have a set! I can't fold!"

Showdown:"F*****g flush! Every freaking time!! They never have the bottom of their range!! Never!! This is so f*****g rigged!!":rage:

Hero: J :heart: T :heart:
      Pre: "Lol, that SB is such a fish, i have to call this."

Flop: "Not bad. Let's see what BU does if i check."

Turn: "Spot on! Ok, SB bets 1/2 pot. Looks like he have something but he is not quite sure what to do with it. But on the other hand, he also could have nutflush looking for calls. BU doesn't have flush, that's for sure, but he might have AQ/AJ with FD.. I have to protect my hand."

River: "SB called and now he checks. He could have some busted FD, but also some smaller flush or set. If i bet like a 1/2 pot he might call even with those sets."

Showdown: ":coolface: "
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      Villain: pocket twos (22)
      Hero: 89s (hearts)

both hero and villain make standard calls to the raise by button. neither of them hit the flop. Villain checks since he doesnt have position and hero does the same to peel a free card.

BTN checks his crap and hero makes his flush on the turn, villain his set.

hero could have any suited connector but JTs+ would have reraised

Its more probable for hero to have the flush than villain (who has the set) because villain checks the river while hero makes a value bet.
    • ETBrooD
      ETBrooD
      Bronze
      Hero and villain both can only have 44, 22, KT and a flush for value. After villain calls on the river, he probably has a set or KT. Therefore it's more likely that hero has a flush or a bluff. There are more bluff combinations and hero didn't bet large on the river against obvious weakness, so I think hero has QJ, thinking that villain has to fold a lot of missed draws and TxXh.

I put hero on QJ with one heart, and villain on KJ.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PerusJamppa
      Villain: 44
      Pre: "I just call because i don't want to 3-bet this time and i want that fish on the BB also call."

Flop: "Wow, a set! I go for a check-raise!"

Turn: "Damn those #@!¿£$ passive fishes! Ok, i'm not quite sure what to do so i'll bet 1/2 pot."
      "Oh, great, now he raises! Well, i call."

River: "Why the @#€ i never hit those boats!!?? God damned.. Maybe i should just check and fold if he bets because it would look very much like a flush."
      "Half a pot.. Maybe he was like semibluffing the turn. Dude, i have a set! I can't fold!"

Showdown:"F*****g flush! Every freaking time!! They never have the bottom of their range!! Never!! This is so f*****g rigged!!":rage:

Hero: J :heart: T :heart:
      Pre: "Lol, that SB is such a fish, i have to call this."

Flop: "Not bad. Let's see what BU does if i check."

Turn: "Spot on! Ok, SB bets 1/2 pot. Looks like he have something but he is not quite sure what to do with it. But on the other hand, he also could have nutflush looking for calls. BU doesn't have flush, that's for sure, but he might have AQ/AJ with FD.. I have to protect my hand."

River: "SB called and now he checks. He could have some busted FD, but also some smaller flush or set. If i bet like a 1/2 pot he might call even with those sets."

Showdown: ":coolface: "
      wuhauhaah hilarious.
      I'd give you a point even with no guess xD
    • agreeesssive
      agreeesssive
      Bronze
      Hero
      T9 Heart

Villain
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Silver
      Don't forget guys, next hand will be posted tomorrow so get your guesses in on time :)
    • MrNewman
      MrNewman
      Gold
      Hero has 2 hearts maybe 67 and villain has T and maybe J.
    • adelaar
      adelaar
      Gold
      SB villain coldcall range vs BTN or = TT 99 88 77
      AJs ATs A9s AJo
      KQs KJs KTs KQo KJo
      QJs QJo
      JTs

BB hero coldcall range vs BTN and SB = 99 - 77
      ATs - A7s AJo - A7o
      K8s+ KJo+
      Q9s+ QJo+
      J9s+
      T9s
      98s

Flop 4hTcKh everybody checks
      each one can have a flushdraw or 1 pair T or one pair K.
      With 1 pair T or K or 2 pair K and T probably one should bet for protection againt the flushdraw.
      With a flushdraw yourself you can bet as a semibluff and try to take the pot down at the flop.
      TT is no longer in the range of villain, because with TT he should have betted.
      KT is no longer in the range of villain neither in the range of hero.
      Probable also all the hands with T are no longer in the ranges.

Turn 2h Either one can have made a flush or have a flushdraw now.

Villain SB bets half pot
      Hero BB raises 4 times the bet and overbets the pot (pot 18 and he overbets 24) For protection. So he can have a flush with a low card fe. with his 98s and wants to take the pot down to protect that on the river a fourth heart will fall and villain will make a better flush. Or he tries to take the pot down with a draw with Ah.
      He will not have a very strong hand because then he should raise smaller to prevent that villain will fold. AhTh-Ah7h is no longer in his range.

Villain calls, he can have made a flush also. A set is less probable.
      22, 44 are not in his coldcalling range.

River 7c this is a blank
      Villain checks
      Hero bets 33,60 , pot 60, 73 = 55% = probable a valuebet
      Villain calls with also a flush. His stack is smaller and he doesn't raise, because he is afraid that villain has the flush with Ah high. He doesn't want to risk his whole stack.

Hero has a mediocre hand. The lowest of his coldcall range. Neither has Ah.

My answer is
      Hero has 89s hearts
      Villain has QJs hearts
    • BiltonDale
      BiltonDale
      Bronze
      $1/$2 Zoom No Limit Hold'em
      BTN ($262)
      SB ($222.32)
      BB ($449.12)

Pre-flop: Hero is BB with ?? ??, Villain is SB with ?? ??
      3 folds, BTN raises to $4.24, Villain calls $3.24, Hero calls $2.24.

Flop: ($12.72) 4h-Tc-Kh (3 players)
      Villain checks, Hero checks, BTN checks.

Turn: ($12.72) 2h (3 players)
      Villain bets $6, Hero raises to $24, BTN folds, Villain calls $18

River: ($60.72) 7c (2 players)
      Villain checks, Hero bets $33.60, Villain calls $33.60.

Total pot: $127.92

Zoom NLHE - There is no set hand in which people will play here, the game enables you to play the hands you want however would this stop people from experiencing tilt or bordem?

Position here would suggest both BB and SB have strong hands along with the nature of the game.

The hero is stacked over 200 BB
      The Villain is stacked over 100 BB

The hero has less to call from the raise which could suggest to a weaker hand with the potential to improve. Priced in this could be Suited connectors, medium pair or suited A.

The Villain calls sandwiched in between two players and calls with BB to act after him I would say showing strength in his hand. Not wanting to re-raise would suggest nothing like A-K(S) / A-A / K-K.

I believe the Hero hit the flush on the turn and the villain had one pair and a high heart.

So I would say the whole cards of the Hero were A :heart: 9 :heart:
      The Villain I would say K :spade: Q :heart:

I'm new to poker so the explanation may seem fishy :)
    • 1962Gabor1962
      1962Gabor1962
      Bronze
      I think hero has AQs, becuse before the 3 hearts he checked, so probably he has 2 hearts and sure, that he hasn't got K, becuse he had to raise with it on the flop.

Villain hand is 22.
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      wuhauhaah hilarious.
      I'd give you a point even with no guess xD
      Hopefully judges think so too.. :D