[Promotion] Guess the hands and win $50!

• JoshLogan
      JoshLogan
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

Find yourself calling out opponent's hands during a session? Think your hand reading skills are worthy of envy? Well now's the time to prove it!

Over the course of two weeks from Monday, June 09 to Monday, June 23, we'll be posting three hands a week (on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, each in a separate thread) for you to try and dissect.

Simply hazard a guess at what you think both the Hero and Villian in our example hands are playing with to give yourself a chance of netting a cash prize.

Time has run out for guesses at our fifth hand. Hero had Qh10h, Villain had AhQs - well done to all those who guessed either hand correctly!

The sixth and final hand is displayed below, post your guesses in this thread.

Guess The Hand competition: Rules

• The time for guessing will be in between the time of each hand being posted (a hand posted on Monday can be guessed until Wednesday, when the next hand is posted).

• Each user is allowed to post one guess each per hand followed by a brief explanation of their decision - "random" guesses will not be considered.

• Users have to guess Hero and Villian's hole cards (suit indication not required).

• For each correct guess at Hero's hand, participants will be awarded two tickets to the winner's raffle.

• For each correct guess at Villian's hand, participants will be awarded one ticket to the winner's raffle.

• After two weeks have passed and six hands have been posted, tickets to the raffle will be totalled and three winners will be drawn at random; the winners each receive $50 in their Tell-a-Friend accounts.

• If you don't guess correctly at first, don't be deterred, you still have a chance of winning with only one correct answer.

Hand #6

$0.25/$0.50 Zoom No Limit Hold'em
      UTG ($59.48)
      CO ($53.50)
      SB ($254.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with ?? ??, Villain is SB with ?? ??
      Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, CO calls $1.50, 1 fold, Villain raises to $2.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $6, CO folds, Villain calls $3.50.

Flop: ($14) (2 players)
      Villain bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50.

Turn: ($27) (2 players)
      Villain bets $13, Hero calls $13.

River: ($53) (2 players)
      Villain bets $50.10, Hero calls $33.98 (All-in).

Total pot: $120.96

Have fun and join the game!
  • 18 replies
    • adrianpokerstar
      adrianpokerstar
      Bronze
      I think Hero have Aces and he slowplayed them postflop for extracting more value.
      Villain may have A :club: K :club: and he donks the flop (half the pot) and when he hits the K on the river just shove. + easy call for Hero who have ACES.
    • MariukasLT
      MariukasLT
      Bronze
      I think

Villain had 10 10
      Hero - K K
    • isangee
      isangee
      Bronze
      hero AA, villain AcKc.
      th reraise from hero indicates strong pair and AA is the only pocket that can slow play after preflop action. Villain small reraise might not be pocket. Tho TT is possible, but 6.50 bet on flop I think is flush draw. On the river he hit K and pushes all in thinking the hero will put him on busted flush draw only.
    • joey1toe
      joey1toe
      Bronze
      Hero - AA
      Villain - KQ

Hero - Preflop we can put hero on a tight range given the 3bet from UTG vs villain's range who may be wider in this spot given he just clicked back hero's bet and his stack. On all streets hero is a calling station which tells me that he most likely holds a monster or AK, however I think he would throw away AK on the turn so I'm sticking to the monster.

Villain - Preflop he just clicked back hero's bet and called his 3-bet he could do this with a wider range of hands. On the flop and turn he bets 1/2 pot which to me it shows weakness thus I can narrow his range down to just broadways and low/mid connectors, when he bets almost pot size on the river it's pretty clear that he hit the K so I'm pretty sure that his range comes down to KQ and KJ, I hope it's KQ :s_grin:
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze
      Villain is a fish here, so he can have pretty much anything. A flushdraw, 3 for trips, pocketpair, Kx.

Hero probably has more info than shown here, making call down maybe with any pocketpair or Tx, or a flushdraw w K :club:

Villain has 65 :club:
      Hero has 99
    • Dizine
      Dizine
      Bronze
      Hero - TT
      Villain - A :club: K :club:

Hero has a tighter range since he opens utg. Villain seems to be a bit of a looser player partially because of his stack size might imply that he likes to gamble and play big pots, so villains range can be wide. And the click back by villain doesn't really mean too much, maybe just trying to build a pot.

When hero Re-raises, it could be to try and take control of the betting post flop and he also doesn't want to just call with his medium to big pairs since it will be hard to play post flop if over cards come, and to get value with his bigger pairs.

Villains flat seems a bit weak. I think he would 5bet with AA & KK and maybe QQ?

When Villain leads for half pot on dryish board, it could mean a couple things.
      Either he thinks that board doesn't hit the heroes range (33, A3 is unlikely with the UTG 4bet, also any combination that contains a Ten is also is unlikely other than TT exactly) and is just trying to take it down right away trying to force out pairs lower than Ten and over cards.

OR he has some kind of Ten himself, some other pair to see where hes at, or a flush draw.

I think the flush draw is more likely since pairs over Ten would probably bet larger than half pot for protection against the flush draw plus value vs a smaller pair.

When the hero flats, he either has a flush draw like A :club: K :club: or K :club: Q :club: but I think Hero would raise those hands, or a pair that he decided to float and pot control and reevaluate the turn with, or TT and want's to keep the villain in.

When the blank comes on the turn and villain leads half pot again, his range is almost the same but is leaned more towards the flush draw/over cards (A :club: K :club: , K :club: Q :club:) because it seems like he's trying to build a pot with some river outs. Over pairs would probably bet more for protection/value.

When Hero calls again, it seems like either he is still chasing the flush, or has TT and isn't scared of the flush and wants to keep the villain firing. I think Hero would of raised the flop or turn with his big pairs QQ-AA by now.

When the K :spade: hits the river and villain shoves, it probably means he hit his pair or is running some kind of crazy bluff. I think K :club: Q :club: might end up check/calling the river instead of shoving so that leads me to think he has A :club: K :club:

And Hero calls the shove so obviously if he had the flush draw he'd fold, and other hands we would of heard from sooner.
      So that leads me to believe Hero has TT
    • MCSeba
      MCSeba
      Bronze
      Hero - T :spade: T :heart:
      Villain - A :club: K :club:

That re-raise preflop seems out of place with a TT, i can only suspect that the hero was bluffing a premium hand. The villain simply called the re-raise, probably fearing a hand like AA / KK, leading me to think that he had something strong enough to raise the heroes initial bet, AQ / AK, but not go further after the re-raise.
      The flop is interesting. The villain makes a 6.5$ dollar bet, less then half the pot. Seems like a control bet, looking to keep the pot small, and see the turn. Also, this is potentially good value for a flush. The hero has about 60$. With his call the pot becomes 27$. If he had something like QQ/ KK, even AA, he would have probably raised the villain, killing the villains value for draws. Simply calling makes me suspect that the hero hopes that the villain will hit something. The hero has already invested about half his stack, at the current pot it wouldn't take much for him to be all in, re-raising the villain would only serve to scare him.
      On the turn, the villain makes the same kind of bet, bellow half the pot. I don't think he would have made a pure bluff, he was probably still looking for a fold or a flush. The hero is happy to call, giving him another chance to hit.
      On the river comes a K. By now, it shouldn't be hard for the villain to suspect that the hero would call his bet. If he truly had nothing, he would have probably checked, looking for a (free) showdown. Instead he bets, leading me to believe that he had hit that K. If the hero can TT, then ofc he just called.
    • rstrunc
      rstrunc
      Bronze
      Villain - K :club: Q :club:
      Hero - AA
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Hero 4b range preflop vs fish can only be for value and something tight:
      AK, JJ+. Anything else would have made sense to just call, like AQs. Not sure what the minimum size of the 4b means.

I don't believe Hero called flop and turn with A high, so JJ+ is left.

Villain is a fish here due to the min-squeeze, maybe a gambler due to the high stack size, calling the 4b...

Preflop could be wide, but not too much. Suited aces, suited broadways, maybe even very high PPs like AA slowplayed in some weird way.

The flop donk could mean anything from bluff to push out Hero or overpair...
      I think TT would have slowplayed.
      With AK they tend to get passive if they don't hit, or bet very small, not half pot.
      The final shove on the K tho makes me think.
      At this point I don't think it's JJ/QQ, it probably hit the K.
      I'll go with KQs.

We put AA on Hero then for a big boom.

These hands are so much random guesses without reads, yuck.

Final Guess:
      Hero AA
      Villain KQs
    • PokerPPP
      PokerPPP
      Bronze
      Hero AA
      Villain A:club: K:club:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Villain AcTx and bluffed the river

Hero AxKc and sucked out a K, nobody folds AK at micros lol.
    • trungtran
      trungtran
      Bronze
      Villain seems to be a fish who ran hot.
      AK is definitely in his range with which he min-threebets and donkbets on that kind of flop.
      Hero must have a good hand with which he fourbets and just calls down (to let Villain bluff)
      Hero's range: AA,KK,QQ,JJ,TT and any other Kx flushdraw combo.

Villain: AK
      Hero: AA
    • wealthybrainer
      wealthybrainer
      Bronze
      Firstly, because of the min 3bet from villain, I assume villain is a fish. Hero 4bet the min 3bet because has a strong hand, maybe want to isolate fish from Co and get some value from the fish. He didn't 4bet so big so I think it is not AA or KK (he also slowplayed when flop has a draw). He might have AcKc, KcQc.

Villain might have a decent hand like QQ. Because he is a fish, he bets on K river.

I guess hero has AcKc
      villain: QQ
    • PerusJamppa
      PerusJamppa
      Bronze
      Villain: KT

Pre: Misclick and calls the small 4-bet

Flop: He don't want to c-c so he goes for the bet-fold because Hero would probably raise big pairs for protection.

Turn: Since Hero only calls, villain thinks his TP is good here so he bets again.

River: Easy shove

Hero: AK

Pre: Villain's min squeeze is quite weird but Hero decides to 4-bet.

Flop: Villain's donk is quite weird because this kind of flop would be really std to cbet. But villain's min-squeeze was also weird so he could have like anything, so Hero decides to just call since the odds are also quite decent.

And like they say: "When poker player get confused, he calls." :s_evil:

Turn: Same as flop

River: Easy call.
    • adelaar
      adelaar
      Gold
      Hero rfi at UTG AK TT+
      Villain on SB squueze minrais AK TT+
      Hero reraist QQ+
      villain calls QQ+

both think to have the best hand on the flop and turn
      River K,
      hero or villain can have a set

My guess is
      Hero AA
      villain KK
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      We've come to the end of this promotion and our 3 winners are:

- pokerprons
      - joey1toe
      - AtrociousNightmare

Congrats guys, $50 is coming your way!

Thanks everyone for participating :)

Regards,
      Tino
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      We've come to the end of this promotion and our 3 winners are:

- pokerprons
      - joey1toe
      - AtrociousNightmare

Congrats guys, $50 is coming your way!

Thanks everyone for participating :)

Regards,
      Tino
      Oh gosh thank youuuuuuuu!!! :f_love: :s_love: :f_love:
    • joey1toe
      joey1toe
      Bronze
      Wow, I actually won :s_thumbsup: congrats to the other winners and everyone who participated in the promotion, out of curiosity what cards did hero and villain had on the last hand?