The Summer Challenge - Mission: Forum

• JoshLogan
      JoshLogan
      Headadmin
      Headadmin

Please use this thread to opt-in for Mission: Forum, which requires that you complete the following tasks:

• Create/update your blog at least 10 times during the promotional period (June 23 - August 31)
      • Welcome a new member during the promotional period and share your own poker story (briefly) -> Introduce Yourself Board

Once you've completed the above tasks, simply post below to let us know and you'll be entered into a raffle for the chance to win $50 paid to your TaF account.

Of course, you can still have a go at our other two missions for the chance to win some PokerStrategy.com branded goodies:

The Summer Grind: Central Thread
      Mission: Poker School
      Mission: Grind

Good luck!
  • 29 replies
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Just to clarify:

and share your own poker story (briefly) -> Introduce Yourself Board
      Does this mean that it has to shared in own thread or some other member Introduce Yourself -thread? :)
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Nutz!

It means that you say hello to a new member and share a bit about your beginnings in poker with the new colleague (in his/her welcome thread)!

Easy? Easy. :)
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Thx Marta. That`s what I thought. :)
    • SeagalSteven
      SeagalSteven
      Bronze
      Opt-in
    • NezNanec
      NezNanec
      Bronze
      Opt-in

thanks for the great promotion pokerstrategy :f_cool:
    • xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      Opt in....1 question ?, do u have to create a new blog or can u just post in ur already made blog?.. :s_cool:
    • Marta
      Marta
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi xdowntimex!

If you already have a blog, then you can just update it (no need to create a new one). :)

Cheers.
    • xdowntimex
      xdowntimex
      Bronze
      Phewww that woulda been tough , find it hard enough to think of stuff to post in my one already lol :s_cool:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      I opt in and shall post once more here to notify you of the completion of the tasks when it happens.

Can participants post only once itt - after completing the tasks - to be enrolled, or will only the work done after the opt-in post count? I think it should be the former way, so that the thread is isn't cluttered; let's not follow Stars' example (they didn't count games played on the day of a Football Fever Mission, but before opting in, into the completion of that mission :f_mad: ), let's instead follow the rules of iPoker which counts work during the entire promo period, both before and after opting in.

I also suggest special treatment of very active posters, e.g. giving two entries into the raffle instead of one to a poster who updates the blog (meaningfully!) 30 times and welcomes 5 new members during the promo period. (Of course send PMs to those who have opted in if any rule change occurs.)
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey tonypmm

You will need to post your results when you achieve the goals.

Regards

Laz
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by tonypmm
      I opt in and shall post once more here to notify you of the completion of the tasks when it happens.

Can participants post only once itt - after completing the tasks - to be enrolled, or will only the work done after the opt-in post count? I think it should be the former way, so that the thread is isn't cluttered; let's not follow Stars' example (they didn't count games played on the day of a Football Fever Mission, but before opting in, into the completion of that mission :f_mad: ), let's instead follow the rules of iPoker which counts work during the entire promo period, both before and after opting in.
      Please both opt-in and report challenge completed - it's OK, the thread won't get too cluttered.
      Of course, whole period will count, even before opting in, so "iPoker rules" :) .

I also suggest special treatment of very active posters, e.g. giving two entries into the raffle instead of one to a poster who updates the blog (meaningfully!) 30 times and welcomes 5 new members during the promo period. (Of course send PMs to those who have opted in if any rule change occurs.)[/quote]There might indeed be surprises for the most active :f_p:
    • joey1toe
      joey1toe
      Bronze
      Opt-in
    • NightShadePMC
      NightShadePMC
      Bronze
      Opt-in.
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      opt-in

- yet another great promo from PS.com! (and a good incentive for me to finally get involved more on the forum etc.)

cheers! :)
    • sherriffatman
      sherriffatman
      Bronze
      (blog to follow, once I get my s**t together and 'man-up!) :D
      (I am of the generation that is somewhat sceptical of whether anyone will be interested in my ramblings and limited knowledge, but will give it ago and see where it goes.......)
    • grbell
      grbell
      Bronze
      Opt-in please.

I plan on trying the forum & school bits of this promotion but don't have Pokertracker/Holdem Mgr at present so not sure how I could prove the grind bit - probably a bit much anyway as I can't get my head round more than one table at a time at present. Just about to hit 50 so my brain cells are dying at an alarming rate!!

This competition is a nice idea anyway although like the previous poster doubt anyone would be interested in my noob ramblings!

Cheers,
      Graham
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by grbell
      Opt-in please.

I plan on trying the forum & school bits of this promotion but don't have Pokertracker/Holdem Mgr at present so not sure how I could prove the grind bit - probably a bit much anyway as I can't get my head round more than one table at a time at present. Just about to hit 50 so my brain cells are dying at an alarming rate!!

This competition is a nice idea anyway although like the previous poster doubt anyone would be interested in my noob ramblings!

Cheers,
      Graham
      Hey Graham,

We will accept SharkScope graphs.

Cheers

Laz

P.S. I'm 52 :D
    • faronel
      faronel
      Bronze
      opt-in
    • Scaletta
      Scaletta
      Bronze
      Opt-in

One question as well: do we have to write exclusively in the Blogs section of the forums (first task) or does the Challenges section count as well (e.g. I make a thread named "My August SNG Challenge" and update it 10+ times? :)